Call Your Shot for Future Receipts-Which FA Pickup Will Have the Most Impact THIS Season?

NoHuddleKelly12

While staying away from mostly big name/splashy FA acquisitions this off-season, Beane nonetheless has stacked our cupboard with solid depth and starter quality pieces at positions of need across our roster, besides what he did in the draft. The question is, which of these will emerge as a vital cog to our 2024 Super Bowl aspirations? Give us your prediction with reasons why.

Also, as a corollary to this question, feel free to opine on which FA you feel will be a dud, to be soon relegated to the dustbin of our franchise history as a wasted roster signing?

I've attached a summary compilation of our 2024 acquisitions for your reference here: 

https://wyrk.com/every-new-buffalo-bills-2024/

Every New Buffalo Bills Player Acquired This Offseason (So Far).url

• Like (+1) 2

I mean there are not many relevant signings in terms of expected roles, most were depth.  

I mean the only realistic answer is one of the WRs with Samuel currently being the only projected into sure consistent role.  

I can’t see any other signing, at least as we sit here today, expected to be a better player this year for this team than Samuel.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean there are not many relevant signings in terms of expected roles, most were depth.  

I mean the only realistic answer is one of the WRs with Samuel currently being the only projected into sure consistent role.  

I can’t see any other signing, at least as we sit here today, expected to be a better player this year for this team than Samuel.

I’ll go out on a limb and say Claypool will turn heads with his career resurgence this year—buried in Miami I think he can do some real damage for us provided he stays focused and driven, which by early accounts is what he’s doing so far. 
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/23/chase-claypool-baggage-buffalo-bills-nfl/

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say Claypool will turn heads with his career resurgence this year—buried in Miami I think he can do some real damage for us provided he stays focused and driven, which by early accounts is what he’s doing so far. 
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/23/chase-claypool-baggage-buffalo-bills-nfl/

I like the he Claypool signing too, but he has a lot of work to do still to overtake Samuel in terms of expected role.  

Unless Claypool flat out wins the job to start outside opposite of Keon, I think it will be hard to out touch Samuel if he is WR4 because he’s not keeping Shakir off the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll go out on that limb as well, Claypool is essentially at his last port of call career wise, I think he could be used effectively even if he is not getting as many targets as Samuel, granted he needs to keep his head on right, we shall see won’t we…, 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say Mike Edwards (the safety).  I think he's going to have a regular role in the back end of the defense.  With "value" free agents, (pretty much all of Buffalo's FA signings) impact is a question of getting opportunities to be on the field.   Safety is a position where opportunities might be easier to come by than a lot of positions.

Of course, WR is the other position where a free agent, either Samuel or Claypool, will have an opportunity to have a major impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree-  he’ll turn heads alright The Exorcist Classic Horror GIF by ALTER – The Best Horror Films

just kidding- I’ve always been an anti chase claypool guy.  Now he’s a bill- so i’m rooting for him, I’m just not expecting alot, although i think he’ll be more relevant than he was in Miami.  

I do agree that he’ll flash and people will be fired up and likely go overboard about how great he’s going to be.  His physical being is impressive and if used properly, he’s going to make some plays.  I just don’t think there will be many of them.  I do think he’ll make the team.

• Like (+1) 2