Tonight's Debate

17 hours ago, muppy said:

of the 2 candidates Trump clearly won the debate. BUT NEITHER OF THEM bothered to answer direct questions. The answers invariably go off tangent to attack Attack ATTACK.

Was this the first debate you've watched? They never answer the questions asked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Was this the first debate you've watched? They never answer the questions asked.

Also at least Trump on a few occasions said that he wasn't going to initially address the question and instead go back to the previous topic.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Live view of bidens online supporters.

Man, I wish I was getting paid for this

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think if they went with Dean Phillips he could win.  

He is a moderate and a sensible guy seems to me whenever I've seen him speak or be interviewed.  He is relatively unknown.  He does not have a lot of baggage as far as I can tell.  He would give a real alternative to people who really don't like President Trump but won't vote for President Biden.  He's the only other one that ran so give it to him.

Governor Newsome is a blow dried stuffed shirt.  He's slick alright.  Maybe a little too slick.  Bill Maher had him on his show a month or so ago.  Even though Bill Maher likes him he couldn't keep a straight face with some of his uber liberal political over rehearsed canned answers.  Neither could I.

You know who I was thinking of? Susan Rice. I know she's never held an elected office, but rumors are she was Biden's VP pick before the DNC went with Harris. She's a non-politician but has had an active role in government, seems pretty moderate, and could win the women vote. She's clearly intelligent as a former Brookings Fellow and former UN ambassador.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think if they went with Dean Phillips he could win.  

He is a moderate and a sensible guy seems to me whenever I've seen him speak or be interviewed.  He is relatively unknown.  He does not have a lot of baggage as far as I can tell.  He would give a real alternative to people who really don't like President Trump but won't vote for President Biden.  He's the only other one that ran so give it to him.

Governor Newsome is a blow dried stuffed shirt.  He's slick alright.  Maybe a little too slick.  Bill Maher had him on his show a month or so ago.  Even though Bill Maher likes him he couldn't keep a straight face with some of his uber liberal political over rehearsed canned answers.  Neither could I.

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think a few people would win.  Taking a centrist would be the wise move.  They have to be a great performer too though.   I wish that wasn't the case but it's where we're at.  Newsome isn't a centrist but as a performer?  Yeah he's got that down.  Idk.  I'm pissed these are our options. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Man, I wish I was getting paid for this

You know who I was thinking of? Susan Rice. I know she's never held an elected office, but rumors are she was Biden's VP pick before the DNC went with Harris. She's a non-politician but has had an active role in government, seems pretty moderate, and could win the women vote. She's clearly intelligent as a former Brookings Fellow and former UN ambassador.

None of them have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

None of them have a chance. 

Even if it were logistically possible to replace Biden at this late stage, it would be a disaster politically.  It then makes the process of replacing him and the hiding of his dementia a massive and easy target for Trump to attack.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Even if it were logistically possible to replace Biden at this late stage, it would be a disaster politically.  It then makes the process of replacing him and the hiding of his dementia a massive and easy target for Trump to attack.

Yup. And as I said elsewhere, he’s already on the ballot in three states that he can’t afford to lose.  The new person can’t use his money.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup. And as I said elsewhere, he’s already on the ballot in three states that he can’t afford to lose.  The new person can’t use his money.

Thus Gavin will 'encourage' all the attention to him,

but he won't step in now, only to lose.  He will wait for 28.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Did the “fact-checkers” count that as a lie by Biden?

The Border Patrol union supported the Lankford-drafted compromise bill, which was Biden's policy. So the statement is correct: they endorsed his proposed policy, even though they endorse Trump for president.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Border Patrol union supported the Lankford-drafted compromise bill, which was Biden's policy. So the statement is correct: they endorsed his proposed policy, even though they endorse Trump for president.

The sand called and is missing your head.  What a mess.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

The sand called and is missing your head.  What a mess.  

Still going back to that Seinfeld c. 1994 joke ...

... what I said is true. What Biden said about the Border Patrol union endorsing "his" border bill is true. What Trump said about the Border Patrol union endorsing him is true.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Still going back to that Seinfeld c. 1994 joke ...

... what I said is true. What Biden said about the Border Patrol union endorsing "his" border bill is true. What Trump said about the Border Patrol union endorsing him is true.

Did he specify that he was talking only about the bill or about their endorsement of him in general?