Tonight's Debate

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're not advocating for 'fairness', though.  You're advocating for seizing assets.  And, even if I agreed with you, see Feinstein, Diane, and how she felt about fairness.  

but you see I do realize there are laws which govern such "seizures"  no matter which political party the billionaire belongs to right.

This to me makes things more personal than taking a few million off of a billionaires pocketbook..

oh pobre billionaire. lol I'm not buying it sorry 🙂

I can speak of "people" and not solely which party they belong to. I guess that is not on PPP's menu of possibility

🫠

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, muppy said:

but you see I do realize there are laws which govern such "seizures"  no matter which political party the billionaire belongs to right.

This to me makes things more personal than taking a few million off of a billionaires pocketbook..

oh pobre billionaire. lol I'm not buying it sorry 🙂

I can speak of "people" and not solely which party they belong to. I guess that is not on PPP's menu of possibility

🫠

I think you're looking at the old menu.  Is there a piece of dried egg in the lower right corner, and a picture of a waitress in tube top on roller skates in the upper right? Old menu.  Her name was Cinamon.  Nice lady, has sciatica and three grandkids now.

Anyway--I'm with you--I'm not differentiating between über rich libs or conservatives, juts pointing out that those who preach it typically don't follow it, and that's likely to continue in the future regardless of what the rules say.  That brings me full circle--Biden cannot be trusted anymore than Trump...if trust is the end game. 

On the 'poor billionaire', cool.  That's your lane, of course, and I'm over here in mine with my blinker on for a mile and a half.  

• Like (+1) 1

Beyond the content in this clip, you will hear the Joe Biden of decades past struggling to speak and communicate in cadence, tone and clarity in a way that can hope to hold a candle to the version of Joe Biden that we observed last night.  This conclusion was reached by all accounts.  

Edited by BillsFanNC

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Beyond the content in this clip, you will hear the Joe Biden of decades past struggling to speak and communicate in cadence, tone and clarity in a way that can hope to hold a candle to the version of Joe Biden that we observed last night.  This conclusion was reached by all accounts.  

It is amazing how well this man used to speak. Night and day difference, you wouldn’t even know it’s the same man. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It is amazing how well this man used to speak. Night and day difference, you wouldn’t even know it’s the same man. 

And I never heard him, or of him having a problem with, stuttering once. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Gotta find crack?

All; the bet ones are taken!

Glowing, flaming cherry?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And I never heard him, or of him having a problem with, stuttering once. 

He has stuttered since childhood - major developmental problem

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

He has stuttered since childhood - major developmental problem

If you can find me a clip of him stuttering anytime before the last five years, I will admit I was wrong.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Dems can’t go to Hillary because she’s damaged goods at this point. 

Kamala is in the weird position of being too progressive for moderates, but progressives hate her. She also has the personality of oatmeal

Pete Buttigieg is a nobody at this point.

Newsome? But San Francisco NIMBYism has hurt his image. 

Jared Polis is happy where he is

Whitmer doesn’t want to leave Michigan 

Could always dust off John Kerry again 

I think if they went with Dean Phillips he could win.  

He is a moderate and a sensible guy seems to me whenever I've seen him speak or be interviewed.  He is relatively unknown.  He does not have a lot of baggage as far as I can tell.  He would give a real alternative to people who really don't like President Trump but won't vote for President Biden.  He's the only other one that ran so give it to him.

Governor Newsome is a blow dried stuffed shirt.  He's slick alright.  Maybe a little too slick.  Bill Maher had him on his show a month or so ago.  Even though Bill Maher likes him he couldn't keep a straight face with some of his uber liberal political over rehearsed canned answers.  Neither could I.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, 4th&long said:

This is why it’s hard to take maga and trump seriously. Good luck with trump.

Very true but we deserve to lose if Biden doesn't step aside.   Literally anyone semi capable would have destroyed Trump on any level during that travesty. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think if they went with Dean Phillips he could win.  

He is a moderate and a sensible guy seems to me whenever I've seen him speak or be interviewed.  He is relatively unknown.  He does not have a lot of baggage as far as I can tell.  He would give a real alternative to people who really don't like President Trump but won't vote for President Biden.  He's the only other one that ran so give it to him.

Governor Newsome is a blow dried stuffed shirt.  He's slick alright.  Maybe a little too slick.  Bill Maher had him on his show a month or so ago.  Even though Bill Maher likes him he couldn't keep a straight face with some of his uber liberal political over rehearsed canned answers.  Neither could I.

I think a few people would win.  Taking a centrist would be the wise move.  They have to be a great performer too though.   I wish that wasn't the case but it's where we're at.  Newsome isn't a centrist but as a performer?  Yeah he's got that down.  Idk.  I'm pissed these are our options. 

Edited by L Ron Burgundy
  • Like (+1) 2