Tonight's Debate

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I just watched the whole thing.

All I can say is: I refer you to John Stewart (usually not my guy, but spot-on here), and to Nate Silver:

https://www.natesilver.net/p/joe-biden-should-drop-out

And it’s not just that Joe Biden is 81 now — it’s that he’s seeking a second term and wants to continue being president until he’s 86! Michael Jordan wasn’t awful with the Wizards, but he also wasn’t about to ask for a four-year contract extension. An 86-year-old president is a ridiculous and untenable proposition. Few world leaders are anywhere close to that old, other than in authoritarian countries — and none of them are the American president, the hardest job in the world.

Is an 86-year-old Biden being president as ridiculous and untenable as an 82-year-old Trump being president? (Trump just turned 78 so would be 82 by the end of his second term.) For me, the answer is still no. In fact, although this is an increasingly unpopular view, I think Biden’s had a pretty good first term. And if I lived in a swing state2, I’d still vote for Biden — if for no other reason than because I think January 6 is so disqualifying to outweigh everything else.

And to think you told us he is mentally fit just a couple days ago…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Don’t you get it? The GOP is, successfully, eroding a system of regulations and balances that protect the modern American citizen in a world with more information asymmetry and negative externalities than you can list. 

LMAO, peak TDS.

• Like (+1) 4

"that protect the modern America citizen"

*Actively advocates for the replacement and erosion of QOL for American citizens*

Why do you guys talk to this dude

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

My canvases ids expanding. I love it. You try this stuff on bills fans and it doesn’t work but keep trying, good entertainment.

And you are a pile of *****. I would rather be a troll than a *****. Hopefully the broomsticks are nailed down in your house! 

Seems like your handling the debate outcome just fine!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LeviF said:

"that protect the modern America citizen"

*Actively advocates for the replacement and erosion of QOL for American citizens*

Why do you guys talk to this dude

Definitely a waste of time.

• Agree 1

Someone, anyone, whoever is running the Executive Branch needs to step in, push Biden out to, at least, maintain whatever shred of dignity he and out nation has left.  What a mess.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Don’t you get it? The GOP is, successfully, eroding a system of regulations and balances that protect the modern American citizen in a world with more information asymmetry and negative externalities than you can list. 

Counterargument.   A bloated and overbearing corrupt government and institutions are eroding American citizens freedoms and civil liberties and forcing them to become ever more dependent on said government.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Seems like your handling the debate outcome just fine!

We have an old guy who lies and is a crook and can speak. And we have an old guy who lies and is a crook and can’t speak well anymore. What do we have? America is the loser for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Counterargument.   A bloated and overbearing corrupt government and institutions are eroding American citizens freedoms and civil liberties and forcing them to become ever more dependent on said government.  

How is the EPA enforcing the clean air act “eroding American citizens freedoms?”

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

The boogeyman GOP and Trump go hand in hand right?

Trump is a symptom of a greater problem with the GOP - populism!

11 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

We have an old guy who lies and is a crook and can speak. And we have an old guy who lies and is a crook and can’t speak well anymore. What do we have? America is the loser for it. 

I completely agree.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

How is the EPA enforcing the clean air act “eroding American citizens freedoms?”

Trump is a symptom of a greater problem with the GOP - populism!

All populism is, is things that the average person wants, instead of what the elites want…

I would hope every president would want to be a populist instead of an ideologue…👍

See how the elites, through the media, have sold you the propaganda that populism is bad?  It’s bad for them, but they have made you think it’s bad for you…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The Presidential Greatness Project!

:lol:

Respondents included current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which is the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics, as well as scholars who had recently published peer-reviewed academic research in key related scholarly journals or academic presses. 525 respondents were invited to participate, and 154 usable responses were received, yielding a 29.3% response rate. 

The American Political Science Association you say?

I tell ya the APSA just reeks bipartisanship. 

But let's look around..

https://thehill.com/opinion/education/4180961-im-a-conservative-is-there-still-a-place-for-me-in-the-field-of-political-science/

I’ve attended nearly every APSA since 1984, a third of its existence and most of my life. Seeing old friends, new books and countless panels exploring politics is the highlight of my year, even though I am one of the roughly 10 percent of political scientists — not all on the down-low — who usually vote Republican.

https://heterodoxacademy.org/blog/social-science-political-disparities-self-selection/

American university professors are overwhelmingly politically liberal. Nowhere is this better demonstrated than by Mitchell Langbert’s (2018) recent study of faculty political party preferences at elite liberal arts colleges. In short, Langbert found that Republicans are virtually absent in many academic disciplines and are entirely absent in some universities. The dearth of non-liberal faculty is particularly acute in the humanities and the social sciences, where disciplines such as sociology and anthropology enjoy liberal-to-conservative ratios of 40-100:1.

Did anyone else catch Biden referring to this "study" last night?

In other news Biden consults vegans for steak house rankings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

All populism is, is things that the average person wants, instead of what the elites want…

I would hope every president would want to be a populist instead of an ideologue…👍

See how the elites, through the media, have sold you the propaganda that populism is bad?  It’s bad for them, but they have made you think it’s bad for you…

Populism is bad because it’s either revolutionary or reactionary and harms the median voter. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Populism is bad because it’s either revolutionary or reactionary and harms the median voter. 

This is fuzzy math…😉

I consider myself a populist, and not a revolutionary…I also consider myself the “median voter”…

As far as being “reactionary”, I think that just happens to all sides, every time the pendulum swings back and forth…

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This is fuzzy math…😉

I consider myself a populist, and not a revolutionary…I also consider myself the “median voter”…

As far as being “reactionary”, that happens to all sides, every time the pendulum swings back and forth…

Yeah and that’s how we end up with populists like Pol Pot or the Ali Khameni.

• Eyeroll 1