Tonight's Debate

I just watched the whole thing.

All I can say is: I refer you to John Stewart (usually not my guy, but spot-on here), and to Nate Silver:

https://www.natesilver.net/p/joe-biden-should-drop-out

And it’s not just that Joe Biden is 81 now — it’s that he’s seeking a second term and wants to continue being president until he’s 86! Michael Jordan wasn’t awful with the Wizards, but he also wasn’t about to ask for a four-year contract extension. An 86-year-old president is a ridiculous and untenable proposition. Few world leaders are anywhere close to that old, other than in authoritarian countries — and none of them are the American president, the hardest job in the world.

Is an 86-year-old Biden being president as ridiculous and untenable as an 82-year-old Trump being president? (Trump just turned 78 so would be 82 by the end of his second term.) For me, the answer is still no. In fact, although this is an increasingly unpopular view, I think Biden’s had a pretty good first term. And if I lived in a swing state2, I’d still vote for Biden — if for no other reason than because I think January 6 is so disqualifying to outweigh everything else.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And if I lived in a swing state2, I’d still vote for Biden

— if for no other reason than because I think January 6 is so disqualifying to outweigh everything else.

Wow.

Just wow.

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t sell @Doc short—he’s got a usefulness about him!  

BLECH Greetings Leo

Yes I watched the debate. And it has made me feel hungover today to be honest.  Biden looks and sounds near death and trump insists he wants to MAGA but IF NOT WE ARE DOOMED. 

He used the debate last night as a rally the country to his side. I realize there will be people who bought every word he said. I didn't and I don't

to say "Biden encouraged Russia to invade the Ukraine was DIRTY. just dirty. 

of the 2 candidates Trump clearly won the debate. BUT NEITHER OF THEM bothered to answer direct questions. The answers invariably go off tangent to attack Attack ATTACK.

What about all the tax perks to his Uber wealthy cronies? Will he accept the election results? pfft I think at this point he likely will win and then it will miaculously be "fair"

PFFT Biden appears as toast. His appearance was dismal. BAD

Lord have Mercy

Donald Trump is the pitbull of presidential candidates.  UNTRUSTWORTHY you will never convince me otherwise. The proof is in the pudding

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

Donald Trump is the pitbull of presidential candidates.  UNTRUSTWORTHY you will never convince me otherwise

Oh I'm holding on to this one forever, mup. I don't ever want to hear you kvetch about my pit takes EVER AGAIN!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Oh I'm holding on to this one forever, mup. I don't ever want to hear you kvetch about my pit takes EVER AGAIN!

LMAO it's a great analogy matey. I am not as blindly Stoopid as some people think  ya know 🙂

Edited by muppy

51 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Again, as with 2020 you fail to understand just how many people want to keep Trump out of office 

No, 2020 was mostly about Covid and the successful smear campaign against Trump, playing on peoples fears and the belief that Biden could do better. He he had his chance and now has a record that shows otherwise.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

No, 2020 was mostly about Covid and the successful smear campaign against Trump, playing on peoples fears and the belief that Biden could do better. He he had his chance and now has a record that shows otherwise.  

People are seeing how Trumps picks on SCOTUS are obliterating our government, and with the potential for two more replacements next term, that is something the Dems need to hammer. 

• Eyeroll 4

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

People are seeing how Trumps picks on SCOTUS are obliterating our government, and with the potential for two more replacements next term, that is something the Dems need to hammer. 

Never mind the blatant lawfare the left has been utilizing for years now.  

People are seeing how the Democrats do nothing but fear mongering about the orange dude .  

Probably cause they have nothing to boast about with the failures of their party leaders 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Never mind the blatant lawfare the left has been utilizing for years now.  

People are seeing how the Democrats do nothing but fear mongering about the orange dude .  

Probably cause they have nothing to boast about with the failures of their party leaders 

No, they’re seeing how the GOP is dismantling the modern American state. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This was a real spectacle. An old man with failing mental and physical capacity who couldn't put 2 sentences together. and a guy who finds ways of lying when his mouth opens, a self declared golf club  champion at two clubs, who will, without question, will change the way America is governed if elected. The only time Trump did not lie was when he said Biden couldn't remember what he said.

There is not a possibility of a man or woman on a white horse entering the picture. America has painted itself into a political corner. No way out.

PS. The most intelligent voice I have heard all week...Marco Rubio. 

If Biden had a running mate of that caliber he could still win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree with this.  

Trump was easily heading towards re-election if not for Covid.. and that’s even WITH the coordinated four year smear campaign between media, Dems & unelected beaurocrats. 

That being said, Trump is his own worst enemy and - no matter who the nominee is - the gameplan will be the same.. just this time the plays run with be J6 & “convicted felon” instead of Covid. 

If J6 never occurred, Trump would be unstoppable right now.   But it did.  And so he’s vulnerable. 

• Agree 1

JB121212.jpg?resize=1024,682&quality=75&

We just witnessed the end of Joe Biden’s presidency

New York Post, by Editorial

Millions just witnessed the end of a presidency live on television. Joe Biden’s performance during the debate was embarrassing. Whenever CNN put him up on the split screen, he had a thousand-yard stare. He didn’t look old. He looked ancient. He looked empty. But at least he wasn’t speaking. Because when it was his time to answer, Biden was incoherent. He said he “beat Medicaid.”  Asked about abortion, he randomly started talking about migrant crime. “I really don’t know what he said at the end of that sentence,” former President Trump noted at one point, “and I don’t think he knows what he said either.” At one point Biden just froze.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/27/opinion/we-just-witnessed-the-end-of-joe-bidens-presidency/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Did you click on any of the links I shared or?

Do the migrants attack the border patrol? Do they not have a right to defend themselves. I don't care to read your links. It wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a historic rate of people crossing the border. The people trying to come here face far more dangers on their journey than the border patrol. That's a fact.

Edited by AlBUNDY4TDS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, they’re seeing how the GOP is dismantling the modern American state. 

How can you say this after last night? Our leader for the last 3 years can hold his train of thought longer than 2 minutes.

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

How can you say this after last night? Our leader for the last 3 years can hold his train of thought longer than 2 minutes.

Don’t you get it? The GOP is, successfully, eroding a system of regulations and balances that protect the modern American citizen in a world with more information asymmetry and negative externalities than you can list. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Do yourself a favor and don't bother with @4th&long  he is among the lowest forms of scumming barnacles to exist. He lives for attention from message boards and should be banned for trolling. 

My fave is expanding. I love it. You try this stuff on bills fans and it doesn’t work but keep trying, good entertainment.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Again, see above. @4th&long is the epitome of all the things wrong with the PPP board. He is a symptom of it's downfall of the last 5 years. He is so hurt that he has had no endorphins here from feedback he goes to other boards to provoke responses. 

And you are a pile of *****. I would rather be a troll than a *****. Hopefully the broomsticks are nailed down in your house! 

Edited by 4th&long