Tonight's Debate

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

The GOP should hope that the Dems don't get a new candidate

Why? If they do, it’s definitely over for them. Never mind how unprecedented this would be in the history of presidential elections, there’s a reason why they’ve been sticking with Biden all this time: because he’s the only one with a snowball’s chance in Miami of beating Trump.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Newsome is polished and would do a great job of making the appearance of a moderate in commie clothing. So I agree he'd make a great choice for the regime.

The fireworks at the convention though? 

Oh boy. 

What does history tell us about commies and the inevitability of eating their own?

:lol:

Biden was at least somewhat moderate at one time but he lied to everybody saying that he would govern as one. Newsom is far left and nobody would believe him going to the center. He has no chance of winning the presidential election.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why? If they do, it’s definitely over for them. Never mind how unprecedented this would be in the history of presidential elections, there’s a reason why they’ve been sticking with Biden all this time: because he’s the only one with a snowball’s chance in Miami of beating Trump.

Biden was at least somewhat moderate at one time but he lied to everybody saying that he would govern as one. Newsom is far left and nobody would believe him going to the center. He has no chance of winning the presidential election.

If it is a democrat running against Trump then they can get you to believe anything they want you to believe. 

See Biden, Joe. By all accounts, spry for his age, sharp as a tack.

Edit: By "you" I don't mean you, Doc. I mean useful idiots.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Beast said:

If Democrats were smart they would immediately start gearing up for 2028 when there is no incumbent.

Even they have to realize 4 more years of this guy could kill their party for a decade plus after he’s done.

This is gonna be an issue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Did you expect Joe to do better? If so, why? What have you seen from him that would lead you to think so?

Yes, because when he’s allowed to be himself and go off the cuff, he’s been good. His SOTU address showed that. 

Last night felt to me like he was trying to remember too much information they’d prepped him with all week. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I assume the DNC is going to have to coerce Joe Biden to drop out of the 2024 Presidential race citing the mental and physical toll of the office is just too much at this point. Absent that the optics of involuntarily removing the candidate with the delegate majority going into the convention might be too much drama. Having Joe step down will also avoid the requirement to explain why everyone in the White House, the media, and the party have been lying about Joe's condition for about 1 1/2 year.

I use the start date of 10/11/2022 for the topic  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/242763-biden-clearly-has-dementia-you-can-admit-that-right-four-more-yearspause/ as a reference point. Many of us saw it then and we're told either we weren't doctors or we're engaging in conspiracy.  So it obviously they were hiding it and lying about it. So what else are they hiding and lying about? Well the border, the economy, foreign affairs, the war in Ukraine, inflation, crime, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

If it is a democrat running against Trump then they can get you to believe anything they want you to believe. 

They might be able to convince the people who would vote for an actually dead Biden. But not for the people who matter i.e. the independents. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, as with 2020 you fail to understand just how many people want to keep Trump out of office 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

They don't respect you either.  The human rights violations began when they started their journey, not at their destination.

You think border patrol is justified in beating up migrants? Weird.

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Don’t sell @Doc short—he’s got a usefulness about him!  

I was wondering how they were going to try and spin this. I see a lot of "nobody won" comments and "it was 2 incoherent old men yelling." Uhhh no lol, it was a bloodbath. They are going to have to replace Biden.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yes, because when he’s allowed to be himself and go off the cuff, he’s been good. His SOTU address showed that. 

Last night felt to me like he was trying to remember too much information they’d prepped him with all week. 

He's 81 and we're talking about 4 more years.  He spent much of the event mouth breathing, vacant stares and aside from a few lucid moments, couldn't fully hold his thoughts together for 1 or two minutes. 

I'm one of those people that won't vote for Trump but last night convinced me I can't in all good conscience vote for Biden.

Lord knows Trump has turned most of the Repub party into mindless rubes.  I was going to hold my nose and vote for Biden like the last two elections but won't. 

If the Dems put up anyone decent they're going to win.  Beyond the corruption and national embarrassment of a second Trump term, do you really want him to have the chance to tilt the Supreme Court further?

• Haha (+1) 1