Tonight's Debate

Looks like I'll be out doing trivia tonight so will not watch, but I've seen Trump in enough debates to know what he is like. Just continuous stream of vomit with no real decent thoughts. I'm sure I'll see the "high lights" 

400,000,000 legal citizens, ? Illegal peeps. 

It boils down to these two? The Twilight Zone could never have come up with this or are we all living in an episode. Wake up, wake up. PLEASE.

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see the stimulant stacks they're pumping into these two before they go out on stage. If it can make both of them lucid enough to go 90 minutes in a debate it'll probably keep me working at my top form for 48 hours.

59 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I want to see the stimulant stacks they're pumping into these two before they go out on stage. If it can make both of them lucid enough to go 90 minutes in a debate it'll probably keep me working at my top form for 48 hours.

Joe's been locked up at Camp David for about a week armed with the questions provided in advance of the debate so he can rehearse and repeat the answers on queue. Even so, will we get one of those "that isn't a question they told me you were going to ask" moments?

Meanwhile, Trump goes in cold awaiting a certain ambush from the moderator. Either Don's a moron for accepting the terms of the debate or he's prepared to provide us something entirely surprising. Which for me would be a name-calling free, coherent, fact based, and detailed argument about why Biden's term has been a complete disaster for the country. Which it truly has been.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like I'll be out doing trivia tonight so will not watch, but I've seen Trump in enough debates to know what he is like. Just continuous stream of vomit with no real decent thoughts. I'm sure I'll see the "high lights" 

And don't forget the most important one of all . Every post from you is usually total biased BS !!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Rick Wilson has a Confederate flag beer cooler and openly associates with pedophiles but he’s ok with tibs and billsy because he’s anti-Trump. Whatever gets you through the day for those with TDS even if it means excusing racism and pedophilia. 

Jokes on you ... I have no idea who Rick Wilson is.

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Jokes on you ... I have no idea who Rick Wilson is.

That’s interesting. One of the more deranged posters here, one that leans a touch to the left, is a big fan. I’m almost certain you’ve seen some of the many posts. Good on you for being oblivious!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like I'll be watching the debate tonight so I won't be attending Tib's trivia night.  But I've seen enough of Tib's posts to know how it will go.  Tibs will get every question wrong and then tell everyone how the question asked was not the question that was asked.  

• Agree 1

I agree with this 'prediction'

d1641014-bfd0-4a39-a7d2-7523baa12678-105

Thoughts on Tonight's Debate

DAVID STROM 

Biden will survive, and the election will look much the same after the debate as before it. That is my prediction for Thursday night's debate results. 

Trump will do fine, get beat up, and nobody will care one way or the other about the three-way attacks directed at him. The media will tell everybody that Trump is a big fat Orange liar and most people will shrug. 

How can that be, you may ask, given the fact that Biden's brain is turning to mush? Well, here's my reasoning, based solely on guesses and many years of observation of how politics work in a general sense. 

Both candidates are known quantities. We know the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everybody has an opinion about Biden's decline, has seen at least a few videos of his verbal stumbles, knows that he dodders and is failing. There is very little he could do to either enhance or reverse the impressions that people already have developed. 

Even if he stumbles badly--short of a Mitch McConnell-type glitch--it will be almost expected. And, if he doesn't, people will exhale in relief--we are all expecting at least some bad stumbles--but not suddenly change our mind about his capabilities. Anybody who has had an elderly relative on the downslope already knows that there are good days and bad days. 

In any case, Biden will not be a dynamo and not suddenly display that razor-sharp mind, ability to do 100 push-ups, or the razor wit we are told he shows behind closed doors chatting with Pete Buttigieg. He will likely be more energetic than average due to all that Adderal or whatever, but there is only so much you can do. 

Trump? What is there to say? He will be Trump, perhaps a bit more muted, and perhaps exactly the same. 

He will certainly be muted by CNN in between questions, but he will be the combative personality everybody knows him to be. Trump haters will see what they always see--a dictator-in-waiting with a mystifying ability to mobilize people. He could be endorsed by Mother Teresa (God rest her soul), and they would assume she was channeling Adolf Hitler. 

{snip}

Debates are not about issues; they are about feelings. Once you exclude the partisans who are analyzing every moment, looking for every advantage, actually interested in policy statements, or desperate for the winning "zinger," you are left with people who are trying to suss out the candidates' temperament. That's why post-debate focus groups sound so odd to political insiders--none of US is undecided; how could anybody be?

Well, this time around, everybody already knows what they want or need to know about both candidates. In the general public, almost nobody cares because there is nothing to learn. What's left is political entertainment and curiosity about whether Biden will remain fully conscious. 

We already know that. So 3-5 days after the debate, it will have had no effect on the election calculus. CNN will get a ratings bump, you and I will get some fodder for discussion, and most voters will barely know or care that it happened. We will be left with the same question: how could you possibly vote for <insert candidate name here>?! Didn't you see how awful he performed?

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/06/27/thoughts-on-tomorrows-debate-n3790992

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Tonight's Debate but Were Afraid I'd Tell You

STEPHEN GREEN

Thursday at 9 p.m. Eastern, two presidential candidates enter Debate Thunderdome, but only one will leave. The survivor will be pronounced the winner right there on the spot, sparing a grateful nation the rigors and horrors of the 2024 presidential election.

I wish.

Instead, we have a mostly traditional presidential debate, but I won't bore you with the particulars of this DNC lion's den that the White House and CNN have put together to present Donald Trump as the loser, no matter what happens tonight on the debate stage.

Let's just say that, going in, I have mixed feelings about this set-up. On the one hand, it's rigged. On the other, Trump gets bragging points — at the very least — just for showing up for a fight with everything stacked against him.

Presidentish Joe Biden's weakness is that he is A) Possibly the vainest man in Washington (which is saying something); and B) completely unaware of how decrepit he looks to everyone else.

But don't underestimate Biden. His brain isn't what it used to be, sure, and even that is like saying that the "Before" guy in the body-building ads is looking a little soft. But there are a couple of things working in his favor.

First, Biden is going to be amped up on whatever the unofficial White House Dr. Feelgood amps him up on, and that's good enough to keep him lucid — on the Biden Scale — for an hour or more. For viewers sticking around for the whole debate, just like during his State of the Union address earlier this year, TOTALLY AMPED UP JOE is exhausting to watch. But most people will just watch the highlights, and what they'll take away from short clips is that Biden sounds energetic and strong. It worked for SOTU in large part because the media played along, and it could work again tonight.

Even if Biden fades in the last thirty minutes, as he did in both 2020 debates, it won't really matter because of my second point.

Second, Biden won't be playing to win — he'll be playing to get Trump to lose. Biden will stick to his well-worn schtick of being snide and dismissive of Trump while lying his bottom off about literally everything. The moderators — CNN Newsy Personalities/DNC Palace Guards Jake Tapper and Dana Bash — will help him every step of the way, too.

Trump's job is both simple and difficult. He needs to appear presidential to remind people that he's had this job before, he was pretty good at it, and all the Literally Hitler scare stories are just that — scare stories. He also needs to prod Biden, in as grown-up a manner as possible, into losing it. That won't be easy with CNN having a killswitch for his microphone. And playing the grown-up doesn't always come easy to Trump, either.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/06/27/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-tonights-debate-but-were-afraid-id-tell-you-n4930195

Just now, JDHillFan said:

You seem pretty enthusiastic today! Cortisone shot?

Yep, that's what I'm guessing.

By the way, do your research! Steroids are magic. I suspect both candidates are consumers.

From an article I posted a little while ago (a pro-Biden article), referring to "Candy Man" Dr. Ronny:

If Jackson was known as the “candy man,” it’s reasonable to ask how much candy Trump has eaten—before, during, and after Jackson’s years in the White House. It’s also worth noting that since Jackson and Trump have revealed themselves to be strong political allies, there’s little reason to trust Jackson’s diagnosis of Trump’s cognitive health.

In October 2020, Trump started to tweet even more erratically than usual, upsetting both the political and business elite. At the time, The New York Times reported: “Some White House staff members wondered whether Mr. Trump’s behavior was spurred by a cocktail of drugs he has been taking to treat the coronavirus, including dexamethasone, a steroid that can cause mood swings and can give a false level of energy and a sense of euphoria.”

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep, that's what I'm guessing.

By the way, do your research! Steroids are magic. I suspect both candidates are consumers.

From an article I posted a little while ago (a pro-Biden article), referring to "Candy Man" Dr. Ronny:

If Jackson was known as the “candy man,” it’s reasonable to ask how much candy Trump has eaten—before, during, and after Jackson’s years in the White House. It’s also worth noting that since Jackson and Trump have revealed themselves to be strong political allies, there’s little reason to trust Jackson’s diagnosis of Trump’s cognitive health.

In October 2020, Trump started to tweet even more erratically than usual, upsetting both the political and business elite. At the time, The New York Times reported: “Some White House staff members wondered whether Mr. Trump’s behavior was spurred by a cocktail of drugs he has been taking to treat the coronavirus, including dexamethasone, a steroid that can cause mood swings and can give a false level of energy and a sense of euphoria.”

I meant for you. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, but I've got some left over prednisone. Thinking of grinding it up and snorting it before the debate.

If I seem a little more frantic than usual on here, please send me the helpline number.

Can we expect another performance from you like the one you put out the day Stormy testified? From a sheer volume perspective you put on a clinic that day!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

400,000,000 legal citizens, ? Illegal peeps. 

It boils down to these two? The Twilight Zone could never have come up with this or are we all living in an episode. Wake up, wake up. PLEASE.

Yeah, I mean who wants a good economy and the world not laughing at you like Trump provided?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1