[Misleading Title]

USCGBILLSFAN

13 hours ago, Simon said:

I think it's a matter of the further we get into the cell phone era, folks become jaded and put less meaning and effort into it.

Taking 10 whole seconds to type an accurate thread title is just toooooooo much. :rolleyes:

Social media has turned us into ego driven, self indulgent folks who all feel that life is only about their perspective 

Now get off my lawn kids!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

You answered your own question. If he's only working one day a week, he can fit a second job into his schedule.

Do I think Tom Brady could help Josh Allen? Yes. Is he the guy at the top of my list? No. My guy is Kurt Warner. After I watched a video of Warner analyzing Josh Allen's play, my reaction was, this is the guy I want helping Allen to improve.

Well why doesn’t Tom Brady just drive an Uber then in his spare time?

“If” and I mean “IF “ JA & TB felt inclined to do some film work together to achieve what the OP is getting at, that would be fine, but I don’t think for a moment that either is interested in doing more than that. 

I would love it if Josh incorporated some Tom Brady into his skill set, and actually used that knowledge when appropriate, if Josh did that he would be virtually unstoppable as a QB in this league, oh well, always hoping for the best…, 😁👍🍸🚬

Edited by Don Otreply

Yep, I’m good with it. Pay whatever it takes. Why? Because people with a straight face call Tom Brady the goat despite his team caught cheating, himself personally caught cheating, and his dietary supplement popping for PEDS. 

Baseball HoF won’t touch Barry Bonds or Mark Maguire because older athletes put performing younger ones by about a decade is enough to clue you into something amiss. But the NFL celebrates their only statistical outlier in the history of the game. Let’s get some of that.

21 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Yep, I’m good with it. Pay whatever it takes. Why? Because people with a straight face call Tom Brady the goat despite his team caught cheating, himself personally caught cheating, and his dietary supplement popping for PEDS. 

Baseball HoF won’t touch Barry Bonds or Mark Maguire because older athletes put performing younger ones by about a decade is enough to clue you into something amiss. But the NFL celebrates their only statistical outlier in the history of the game. Let’s get some of that.

A college professor (also an Eagles fan) performed an experiment involving air pressure and footballs. His conclusion: the Patriots had not cheated in deflate gate. He also gave the impression that NFL leadership was unaware of the laws of physics, as they pertain to air pressure in footballs. Let's say its a 40 degree day, and 72 degrees in the locker room. You want to measure the air pressure of footballs at halftime. Do you do that outdoors, or right after the footballs have been brought in to the locker room, or after they've been in the locker room 20 minutes? At the time of deflate gate, the NFL did not have procedures to address those questions.

As for Spygate: it's my understanding that, for some insane reason, it was actually allowed to video tape the signals of one's opponents. But, you had to do it in some locations but not others. Apparently the Patriots did it from the wrong location. We'll never know the whole story, because Rodger Goodell destroyed the evidence he said he had.

But by all means hate the Patriots as much as you want. Their owner had sex with an underage sex slave.

Edited by Rampant Buffalo

3 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

A college professor (also an Eagles fan) performed an experiment involving air pressure and footballs. His conclusion: the Patriots had not cheated in deflate gate. He also gave the impression that NFL leadership was unaware of the laws of physics, as they pertain to air pressure in footballs. Let's say its a 40 degree day, and 72 degrees in the locker room. You want to measure the air pressure of footballs at halftime. Do you do that outdoors, or right after the footballs have been brought in to the locker room, or after they've been in the locker room 20 minutes? At the time of deflate gate, the NFL did not have time to address those questions.

As for Spygate: it's my understanding that, for some insane reason, it was actually allowed to video tape the signals of one's opponents. But, you had to do it in some locations but not others. Apparently the Patriots did it from the wrong location. We'll never know the whole story, because Rodger Goodell destroyed the evidence he said he had.

But by all means hate the Patriots as much as you want. Their owner had sex with an underage sex slave.

whatever mental backflips you need to do so you can still believe that the NFL handled everything correctly and that the records don’t need asterisks. 

20 hours ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

I know we all hate him, but his resume is next to none, and he has a new job with Fox, but would he be a good Qb coach for Josh, maybe in the offseason like josh had in Jordan Palmer. Maybe just as a mentor to help him see things and do things he may never thought of, Josh has thr baiscs down now he needs to refine, if he could have Bradys prowes combined with his athletisism he could be pass brady as the GOAT.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing he may have better things to do.

20 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He’s getting like 25 million to work one day a week. Why would he take this job?

Also, Josh doesn’t need someone to hold his hand anymore. He’s one the best players in the NFL

If I was a gm and had 1st pick, I'd take Josh over Mahomes. He has multiple highlights every game, we get spoiled

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Im curious as to what the title was. 

and why does "'misleading title" make me want to click into it more than most other titles?

The original title was something along the lines of, "Tom Brady QB coach." The wording made it sound like a news item, rather than an idea the OP had proposed.

Why did you want to click on it more than on most other titles? Because people are attracted to mystery.

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:52 AM, Rampant Buffalo said:

A college professor (also an Eagles fan) performed an experiment involving air pressure and footballs. His conclusion: the Patriots had not cheated in deflate gate. He also gave the impression that NFL leadership was unaware of the laws of physics, as they pertain to air pressure in footballs. Let's say its a 40 degree day, and 72 degrees in the locker room. You want to measure the air pressure of footballs at halftime. Do you do that outdoors, or right after the footballs have been brought in to the locker room, or after they've been in the locker room 20 minutes? At the time of deflate gate, the NFL did not have procedures to address those questions.

To the bolded... the professor concluded that the Patriots "had not cheated" or that they "had not intended on cheating?"

I don't think I have to explain the difference.

On 6/27/2024 at 5:54 PM, Goin Breakdown said:

Im curious as to what the title was. 

and why does "'misleading title" make me want to click into it more than most other titles?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the Connor McGovern title was changed twice by the Mods...

if that's the case why can't the Mods simply change the topic title in this case???

Especially when the OP has been delinquent in housekeeping their own topic???

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To the bolded... the professor concluded that the Patriots "had not cheated" or that they "had not intended on cheating?"

For his experiment, the professor inflated a number of footballs. The footballs representing the Patriots were inflated to the minimum pressure allowed by the NFL. Then he left them outside, in weather conditions similar to the Patriots / Colts game. He waited the appropriate amount of time. (I.e., an amount of time roughly corresponding with the duration of the first half of the game.) He then measured the air pressure in the balls. The air pressure measurements he got for the ball representing the Patriots were consistent with the air pressure for the balls in the Colts / Patriots game. But, the balls representing the Colts had lower air pressure than did the Colts' balls in the actual game.

The professor noted that his air pressure measurements were dependent on where the balls were measured. Measure them outside, in the cold conditions, and you get a lower air pressure. Move the balls inside to the warm locker room, give them time to sit there and heat up, and you'll get increased air pressure readings. He also observed that the NFL did not appear to have awareness of this, nor did it have procedures to standardize the conditions under which balls' air pressure was measured. He hypothesized that the Colts' balls in the actual game may have been sitting in the warm locker room for a while before being measured, resulting in higher air pressure readings than might otherwise have been the case.

On 6/27/2024 at 11:52 AM, Rampant Buffalo said:

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

3 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

For his experiment, the professor inflated a number of footballs. The footballs representing the Patriots were inflated to the minimum pressure allowed by the NFL. Then he left them outside, in weather conditions similar to the Patriots / Colts game. He waited the appropriate amount of time. (I.e., an amount of time roughly corresponding with the duration of the first half of the game.) He then measured the air pressure in the balls. The air pressure measurements he got for the ball representing the Patriots were consistent with the air pressure for the balls in the Colts / Patriots game. But, the balls representing the Colts had lower air pressure than did the Colts' balls in the actual game.

The professor noted that his air pressure measurements were dependent on where the balls were measured. Measure them outside, in the cold conditions, and you get a lower air pressure. Move the balls inside to the warm locker room, give them time to sit there and heat up, and you'll get increased air pressure readings. He also observed that the NFL did not appear to have awareness of this, nor did it have procedures to standardize the conditions under which balls' air pressure was measured. He hypothesized that the Colts' balls in the actual game may have been sitting in the warm locker room for a while before being measured, resulting in higher air pressure readings than might otherwise have been the case.

I appreciate your last response and maybe I didn't understand all of it but it seems like you still haven't answered the question:

Did the professor conclude that the Patriots "had not cheated" or that they "had not intended on cheating?"

Because if they intended on cheating it's a moot point to me whether or not they were successful in doing so.

The intent is what speaks to the morals and ethics of the situation.

On 6/26/2024 at 7:36 PM, BillsFan130 said:

Why would Tom Brady want to be a QB coach in the off season though?

He makes what, 20 million a year broadcasting at FOX?

He wouldn’t.  None of the stars want to work those kind of hours.  It’s always a percentage of backups that never made a lot, but love football that rise through the ranks.

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I appreciate your last response and maybe I didn't understand all of it but it seems like you still haven't answered the question:

Did the professor conclude that the Patriots "had not cheated" or that they "had not intended on cheating?"

Because if they intended on cheating it's a moot point to me whether or not they were successful in doing so.

The intent is what speaks to the morals and ethics of the situation.

The professor's experiment determined that the Patriots' footballs had the air pressure you'd expect from a team following the rules. Anything more than that would have been outside the scope of his experiment.

As this thread is pretty much off track ....

Probably an unpopular opinion but I regard deflategate as no big deal.  The harshness of the punishment was mainly due to the justified criticism of Goodell's handling of the Patriots' video cheating.  Any other team and it would have been a one game suspension at most and more likely just a fine.

Edited by Billy Claude