Jonathan Rousseau commits to UB

6'1" 180, had offers from Michigan State, Pitt, Western Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, & Alabama State.

Hasn't played his HS senior season yet, but definitely a D1 talent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d say that’s a good sign that Groot signs a 2nd contract to stay in Buffalo but college sports are now so transient with the portal.  

Definitely seems like a good indicator that he's favorable to that and/or that the family really enjoys the environment. Wasn't his mom from here at one point or something?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He must not be good.

i know you're saying this in jest but it's amazing how many people would believe that being a football player at a MAC school means you're not good.

to have a scholarship offer to a univ. at any school is among the best maybe 800 players of high school seniors who start. maybe more.

it reminds me of the junk people used to say that when Univ. of Miami or Florida were powerhouses they could beat an NFL team. there's just no way. the worst starting NFL QB is better than maybe all but 3 or 4 NCAA starting QB's any given year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

i know you're saying this in jest but it's amazing how many people would believe that being a football player at a MAC school means you're not good.

to have a scholarship offer to a univ. at any school is among the best maybe 800 players of high school seniors who start. maybe more.

it reminds me of the junk people used to say that when Univ. of Miami or Florida were powerhouses they could beat an NFL team. there's just no way. the worst starting NFL QB is better than maybe all but 3 or 4 NCAA starting QB's any given year.

…..not to mention grown men with families vs boys in the trenches. 

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

Wasn't there a time during preseason where an NFL team would play against the College All-Stars?

• Vomit 1

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

You really stretched that one out.

Come on man. By the way Lance Leipold has Kansas looking like a top 10 team next year. It’s really annoying UB has to keep rebuilding their programs in football and basketball.

Hopefully UB can build back up.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Wasn't there a time during preseason where an NFL team would play against the College All-Stars?

way back yes. i remember hearing about this.  i looked and it was 1973. for the series the college only won 9 games, just under 25% of the matches.

it was between the NFL champion and the college all star team

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You really stretched that one out.

Come on man. By the way Lance Leipold has Kansas looking like a top 10 team next year. It’s really annoying UB has to keep rebuilding their programs in football and basketball.

Hopefully UB can build back up.

of course i am, but Jon Rosseau would be a top player in most any county/league in this country.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Putin said:

What’s his 40 time ??

Don’t know, he hasn’t finished yet…, 

😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love UB, but for him to commit there over Michigan State or Pitt is a bit of a surprise, given the relative prestige of the programs and conferences.  Perhaps he wants to be closer to his brother or he just thinks he'll get to start as a freshman at UB and might not get that opportunity at MSU and Pitt.  With the way the transfer portal is these days, I've read that a lot of guys are going to smaller, less prestigious schools as a freshman and sophomore in order to get early playing time, with the plan to succeed and then transfer "up" to a major program.  We'll see what happens with Rousseau, but I hope he does really well at UB and that his presence in town inspires his big brother to have a great season.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.