According to PFF Connor McGovern is good

78thealltimegreat

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

After a year here I can see why cowboys fans where so upset to watch him leave guy was worth every penny 

Maybe (But i doubt it) this can quite some of those that complained about Beane trading Teller to the Browns . Although it would have been nice to have him because he is a bad man but he was more of a unknown then than now but Beane has definitely focused on the O line since .

And some his his picks have been pilfered by other teams so they must like his work too !! 

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Would be nice to have some consistency on the line at all positions. 

Dawkins, McGovern, Torrence, Brown

Just waiting to see who fills that last spot.

It’ll be David Edwards. This will be the best run blocking OL the Bills have had with Allen. They’re going to try and bully teams upfront. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think next year Van Pan-Granger takes over at Center and it will be a competition between McGoverna and Edwards at LG.

I don’t think McGovern ever gives up center to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills 4th in QB hurries allowed, 8th in least pocket time, 5th in QB hits allowed, 8th in pressures allowed, 3rd in scrambles on passing plays.

Josh Allen hides many O-line sins.....

Sad to say but Torrence is very overrated. The weakest link on the OL but has glimpses of great potential.

Dawkins and Brown had very good seasons. The interior was not very good in pass protection. 

At $7.5 million a year ...I think he is a bargain for the next two years, probably a candidate for an extension sometime during the season if the transition to C works well.  Love that the Bills have Kromer and love that the Bills continue to seek and secure young talent on the OL.  As much as I really loved Mitch Morse - I think Connor will bring a higher level of physical play to the C position.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I did like very much our OL last year. Spencer Brown took a leap, Morse stayed healthy, Torrence was a great surprize and Dawkins didnt have to play outside his space . McGovern was the catalyst I feel for that. I only worry he wont be as good a center as he was a guard. Time will tell but it sounds like he likes that spot... 

18 minutes ago, JoeF said:

At $7.5 million a year ...I think he is a bargain for the next two years, probably a candidate for an extension sometime during the season if the transition to C works well.  Love that the Bills have Kromer and love that the Bills continue to seek and secure young talent on the OL.  As much as I really loved Mitch Morse - I think Connor will bring a higher level of physical play to the C position.

I would absolutely be looking to extend him 

6 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I did like very much our OL last year. Spencer Brown took a leap, Morse stayed healthy, Torrence was a great surprize and Dawkins didnt have to play outside his space . McGovern was the catalyst I feel for that. I only worry he wont be as good a center as he was a guard. Time will tell but it sounds like he likes that spot... 

I would absolutely be looking to extend him 

He’ll be better at center. As long as he can mentally handle it he’ll be better. Center is much easier physically. Since he’s a natural center I think he’ll be better. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’ll be better at center. As long as he can mentally handle it he’ll be better. Center is much easier physically. Since he’s a natural center I think he’ll be better. 

I am hoping you are 100% correct and yes mentally, is where I was going especially with line calls etc... I do suspect he will be fine. 

2 hours ago, T master said:

Maybe (But i doubt it) this can quite some of those that complained about Beane trading Teller to the Browns . Although it would have been nice to have him because he is a bad man but he was more of a unknown then than now but Beane has definitely focused on the O line since .

And some his his picks have been pilfered by other teams so they must like his work too !! 

McGovern was way better than Torrence all f***in’ year……. One of Beane’s best moves….ever.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Would be nice to have some consistency on the line at all positions. 

Dawkins, McGovern, Torrence, Brown

Just waiting to see who fills that last spot.

Would be nice if the rookie would step in and fill the Center position , hopefully that happens next year 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

After a year here I can see why cowboys fans where so upset to watch him leave guy was worth every penny 

The Bills Wire was wrong.  Follow the link.  PFF named him one of the top 32 guards in the NFL and one of the top 100 offensive linemen.  They did this despite him not being a guard anymore and earning a crappy PFF grade last season.  

Nonetheless, I'm hoping he turns out to be a good center.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills 4th in QB hurries allowed, 8th in least pocket time, 5th in QB hits allowed, 8th in pressures allowed, 3rd in scrambles on passing plays.

Josh Allen hides many O-line sins.....

Allen’s only flaw is scoring too quickly allowing the defense back on the field. 

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The Bills Wire was wrong.  Follow the link.  PFF named him one of the top 32 guards in the NFL and one of the top 100 offensive linemen.  They did this despite him not being a guard anymore and earning a crappy PFF grade last season.  

Nonetheless, I'm hoping he turns out to be a good center.  

Is this the wizardry  I hear so much about.