Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?

Chaos

Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Other Team

On 6/30/2024 at 9:57 AM, FireChans said:

There is a football axiom I followed for a good 15 years. “You don’t make money betting against the Patriots or Alabama.” That has changed. 

It’s now, “you don’t make money betting against the Chiefs.”

So what you’re saying is… I should take all the money in my savings account and bet 2X that the Chiefs will three-peat?  

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

So what you’re saying is… I should take all the money in my savings account and bet 2X that the Chiefs will three-peat?  

No.

I’m saying that the Pats covered 59% of their games since Brady became their QB in 2001. If you just bet every single Pats game over that span, you would’ve made money. 

The Chiefs are going to be up there as well. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

No.

I’m saying that the Pats covered 59% of their games since Brady became their QB in 2001. If you just bet every single Pats game over that span, you would’ve made money. 

The Chiefs are going to be up there as well. 

KC ended up being 62% ATS last season. They were definitely undervalued, especially in the playoffs. Because they struggled at the wr position and still won last year they will be overvalued this season, especially early on. I don’t think they will cover as much this season. 

23 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

KC ended up being 62% ATS last season. They were definitely undervalued, especially in the playoffs. Because they struggled at the wr position and still won last year they will be overvalued this season, especially early on. I don’t think they will cover as much this season. 

53% against the spread in their last 45 regular season games. You don’t go broke taking a profit.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

53% against the spread in their last 45 regular season games. You don’t go broke taking a profit.

Can’t argue with that kind of success. But it’s really easy betting in hindsight. It’s a fun hypothetical exercise but no serious bettor would bet on a team week in week out regardless of spreads. It’s much better to pick and choose spots and, yes, KC has done very well for bettors.