Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?

Chaos

Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Do You Expect to Represent the AFC in the 2024-25 Super Bowl?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Other Team

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The lack of understanding of the difference between facts and opinions is a plague on the USA. 

But, what is fact and what is fiction in the offseason, and who really knows for sure?

KC is obviously the easy choice to repeat (they are the current champs, they've beaten the Bills 3 times in the playoffs, etc.). You could have just started a thread saying, "I think KC will repeat as the AFC Super Bowl representative."

But, I don't think the Bills beating KC in the playoffs is some insurmountable goal.

And after KC, who do you have? The Bengals, the Ravens, the Texans, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Browns? Is it currently fact that any of those teams are better than the Bills? You can talk about their drafts or free agency or schedule, etc. But if you have any of them over the Bills, well, that is also still just opinion based on projections and speculations. It may turn out to be true, but it doesn't make it a fact right now.

Again, it's the offseason on a Bills website, and Josh Allen is still our QB, why wouldn't the first answer be "The Bills" for many here?

[I voted for the Bills. 👍]

Edited by folz
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, folz said:

But, what is fact and what is fiction in the offseason, and who really knows for sure?

KC is obviously the easy choice to repeat (they are the current champs, they've beaten the Bills 3 times in the playoffs, etc.). You could have just started a thread saying, "I think KC will repeat as the AFC Super Bowl representative."

But, I don't think the Bills beating KC in the playoffs is some insurmountable goal.

And after KC, who do you have? The Bengals, the Ravens, the Texans, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Browns? Is it currently fact that any of those teams are better than the Bills? You can talk about their drafts or free agency or schedule, etc. But if you have any of them over the Bills, well, that is also still just opinion based on projections and speculations. It may turn out to be true, but it doesn't make it a fact right now.

Again, it's the offseason on a Bills website, and Josh Allen is still our QB, why wouldn't the first answer be "The Bills" for many here?

[I voted for the Bills. 👍]

All three choices in the poll are opinions. Hope that clears things up. 

The funny thing is, seems like each year the SB champ is picked to automatically repeat, but statistically that is not a significant probability given most years’ outcomes…too much parity now and by the time you get to a potential 3-peat like the Chefs would be this year, so far it’s been guaranteed not to happen. So thankfully I don’t think the Chiefs are a safe bet at all this year!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-super-bowl-wins-teams-players/#:~:text=No team has ever won,feat on two separate occasions.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I hope you are right. With the Bills going through a mini-rebuild/re-tooling it's hard to know what to expect from them with so many new faces on the roster. I am sure they will be good because of Allen but can they get to and win a Super Bowl this year. I am not sure about that.

With the right breaks/luck and minimal injuries on defense,  there's no reason the Bills can't sneak in. I fully expect Josh to finally land an MVP with less int's. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

The easy pick is KC, but I will say the Bengals. Burrow is back and they have a last place schedule. Granted the division is tough as all 4 teams beat the crap out of one another but I think the Bengals win the division and will get the #1 or #2 seed. They also know how to beat KC in the playoffs unlike another team we watch a lot.

You can thank Leslie Frazier and Tyler Bass for not being able to beat KC.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gregg said:

The easy pick is KC, but I will say the Bengals. Burrow is back and they have a last place schedule. Granted the division is tough as all 4 teams beat the crap out of one another but I think the Bengals win the division and will get the #1 or #2 seed. They also know how to beat KC in the playoffs unlike another team we watch a lot.

Burrow won’t make it through the season.   Just my opinion 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Chiefs.  Best QB in the league.  Best offensive mind in the league that's their HC.  Advantage of premier receiver weapon way underpaid because he happens to be a TE.  Better WR's this year that puts more stress on a defense vertically.  Great defensive coordinator that they're able to maintain because teams shy away from hiring older defensive coordinators who failed being a head coach their first time around.  Plus, the AFC West is the weakest division in the conference so they may get the #1 seed.  Having said all that, I hope Kelce falls off a cliff, Worthy turns out to be a bust, and the injury bug punishes the Chiefs like it did the Bills last year.

I hate the Chiefs.  Kelce will be 80% of normal and the rookies will fail. Mahomes will be a softer version of himself and the D will be injury riddled.  They miss the #1 seed and get beat in the first round.  

Bills take full advantage and replace them as the Lombardi winners.  

no facts to back this up so don’t ask 

22 hours ago, Gregg said:

Having a last place schedule is huge

• Agree 1