Josh Allen.......over/under 10.5 Rushing TD's???

Josh Allen.......over/under 10.5 Rushing TD's??  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under?

• Over
    • Under

I can see why people are taking the under.   I think we are going to be running more and I think until we bring in a 230lb back Josh is going to be the guy when we need a TD.  Teams spread out in the red zone to cover Kincaid and Shakir and Josh is going to dive in the end zone.  I wish Harris didn't get hurt last year I thought he might be the guy to get those tough yards but until I see someone moving piles and running over guys who isn't named Josh Allen I'm going to think our short yardage back is still our QB.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Josh will rush for exactly 10.5 TDs this season.

LOL good one.

I added the .5 to prevent the dreaded "push"..........no pushes allowed, you've got to pick a side!

4 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Teams with good running QB's create a numbers advantage at the point of attack on power running plays inside the 10 yard line.  RPO's also  create an advantage in the red zone. Allen, Lamar, and Hurts are used this way to great advantage for their teams.  I don't see it changing much for the Bills this season unless Davis proves to be an overpowering inside runner.

100%.. it’s an advantage only a couple teams enjoy, crazy not to lean into it

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Let Josh be Josh.  Dude is a weapon.  Telling him not to run is like driving a Lambo below the speed limit.  All Josh's injuries have occurred in the pocket, but the hand-wringing over him running continues.  I'll never understand it.

I think because BBFS is still in a lot of Bills fans. All it takes is one time & we could lose the Golden goose for a season or more. Double edge sword  🤞

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

I can see why people are taking the under.   I think we are going to be running more and I think until we bring in a 230lb back Josh is going to be the guy when we need a TD.  Teams spread out in the red zone to cover Kincaid and Shakir and Josh is going to dive in the end zone.  I wish Harris didn't get hurt last year I thought he might be the guy to get those tough yards but until I see someone moving piles and running over guys who isn't named Josh Allen I'm going to think our short yardage back is still our QB.

Sad emoji because I’m in complete agreement 

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

I think because BBFS is still in a lot of Bills fans. All it takes is one time & we could lose the Golden goose for a season or more. Double edge sword  🤞

Cam Newton just called. He said 👆🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Under.  We drafted Davis to take away some of the short yard punishment from Josh.  

They drafted Davis because they needed a second RB to rotate with and compete with Cook.   They went into last season with Damien Harris.   They didn't run Allen hard in the second half because they didn't have enough RB's.........they did it because it's a huge advantage to run your QB.   

You don't want to neuter him and take away one of his ridiculous athletic abilities...but for the sake of sanity and Josh's health I'm hoping the under. Ray will assume alot of runs inside the 5 like Harris was supposed to last year. I'm guessing 9 by JA17 this season. Sean doesn't trust Cook on goal-line carries.

He's never ran for more than nine before last season but they leaned on the tush push a lot more last season.  Five times I believe.  I'll go under but barely.  I think he gets ten.

They started using the tush push at a high rate in the second half of the season. Because of that I could see the over hitting. 

Don't recall what game it was or if it was still with Dorsey as OC. But it was like 3rd and goal from inside the one yard line and I think we ran the ball with a RB instead of doing the tush push. Failed to score and then had to throw on 4th and goal and failed again. Everyone was screaming for the sneak or tush push on 3rd down over the handoff.

I still expect Allen to be featured as a runner on those goal to go situations from a yard in.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/25/2024 at 11:03 PM, Special K said:

I am sure the coaching staff is hoping the addition of Ray Davis will take the load off of Josh in goal-line situations, thus lowering that high bar of 15 TD's in the coming season.

My prediction:

If anyone can replicate a 15 rushing TD season by a QB, it would be Josh, but in the end I think Davis will take away some of those goal line TD's.

Josh will still have some of his highlight reel rushing TD's this season, but his overall total will be lower this year...maybe in the 8 to 10 TD range.

I'm taking the under on this one, but would not be surprised in the least if he hits the over.

What say you??

Yes, the answer will depend on how Ray Davis and Gore play as short yardage and goal line RBs. 

But I took the under due to optimism. 

I'm saying under......i know JA loves to compete for yards and make a game of it every sunday, but i think the FO is going to let Davis take some of the load and take some pressure off of Josh, however, JA will get his rushing yards, you can bank on that, but just not as much as previously.

I'm really looking forward to what Davis will do for us.......the kid was a beast in college.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.