Josh Allen.......over/under 10.5 Rushing TD's???

Josh Allen.......over/under 10.5 Rushing TD's??  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under?

• Over
    • Under

Josh Allen scored 15 rushing TD's last year......15!!!!

That would be an amazing total for a RB, and an almost unbelievable total for a QB.

Of course, "amazing" and "unbelievable" is just another day at the office for JA.

I am sure the coaching staff is hoping the addition of Ray Davis will take the load off of Josh in goal-line situations, thus lowering that high bar of 15 TD's in the coming season.

My prediction:

If anyone can replicate a 15 rushing TD season by a QB, it would be Josh, but in the end I think Davis will take away some of those goal line TD's.

Josh will still have some of his highlight reel rushing TD's this season, but his overall total will be lower this year...maybe in the 8 to 10 TD range.

I'm taking the under on this one, but would not be surprised in the least if he hits the over.

What say you??

• Thank you (+1) 1

Let Josh be Josh.  Dude is a weapon.  Telling him not to run is like driving a Lambo below the speed limit.  All Josh's injuries have occurred in the pocket, but the hand-wringing over him running continues.  I'll never understand it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Ray Davis could cut into it but anytime they get to the one yard line, I expect the sneak at this point.  Josh Allen is an exceptional athlete and defending the Bills down near the goal line is very difficult because of that.  He can easily eclipse 10.5, its more a matter of how do the Bills decide to play it.   In past years they threw 1 yard TD passes, last year there were some sneaks.   Not caring about stats, the most efficient thing to do is sneak it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He's getting older so I hope the Bills RB's can carry the load more when it comes to running and rushing TD's. Now if Josh can throw for more than 40 TD's that would be great.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

this is a close one, but i think the need to run JA in the redzone is lessened by the following: (1) Kincaid in year 2; (2) Knox is a threat there; (3) Coleman as a RZ target; (4) RB Davis as a RZ threat to run or catch.  Also, (5) Curtis Samuel scoring on long passes.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this is a close one, but i think the need to run JA in the redzone is lessened by the following: (1) Kincaid in year 2; (2) Knox is a threat there; (3) Coleman as a RZ target; (4) RB Davis as a RZ threat to run or catch.  Also, (5) Curtis Samuel scoring on long passes.  

I agree here. Hopefully our RBs break off a few 20+ yard TDs this year so we avoid these red zone grind it out drives. I'm in a agreement on long yardage TDs to receivers as well-either air yards or YAC. It felt like those were missing last year with Diggs and Gabe out of sync.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Let Josh be Josh.  Dude is a weapon.  Telling him not to run is like driving a Lambo below the speed limit.  All Josh's injuries have occurred in the pocket, but the hand-wringing over him running continues.  I'll never understand it.

This

• Thank you (+1) 1

Teams with good running QB's create a numbers advantage at the point of attack on power running plays inside the 10 yard line.  RPO's also  create an advantage in the red zone. Allen, Lamar, and Hurts are used this way to great advantage for their teams.  I don't see it changing much for the Bills this season unless Davis proves to be an overpowering inside runner.

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'll take the under. He's only topped 9 in a season once.  

Josh has put up 8, 9, 8, 6, 7, and 15 rushing TDs by season. 

This 👆...I was pretty much going to respond the same.

But, how crazy is it that over the last 6 years Josh Allen is #2 in the league in rushing TDs (that includes all RBs). King Henry far outshines everyone with 80 rushing TDs over the last 6 years, but Josh is actually 2nd with 53 rushing TDs. After Allen comes: James Conner (51), Zeke (49), Chubb (48), Josh Jacobs (46), Kamara (46), and D. Cook (45). I mean, wow.

P.S. He is already 2nd all-time for rushing TDs in a career by a QB, behind only Cam Newton. Josh needs 22 more rushing TDs to tie Cam for most ever by a QB. The over/under on that is what, three more seasons?

Edited by folz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.