Aliens - Do they exist among us? What say you?

I'm not sure on the alien thing.  I won't post my opinion yet, but would like to hear what the board thinks.  So, have at it.  UFO/UAP.  Have you seen one?

Haven't seen one.

Incredibly likely they exist somewhere, probably in large numbers.

Incredibly unlikely they've visited us due to the vastness of space and what we currently know to be limits on the possibility of FTL travel.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They 100% exist and it’s also a minuscule chance they have ever visited our little blue orb 

That's the dichotomy of it.  If you look at the Emerald and Sumerian tablets, the story says they were here.  But, if they were here once, where are they now?  Also, I can't see traveling across the universe only to crash here.  That part throws me.    

Edited by phypon

They are definitely not here.

As to elsewhere, that's the crux of Fermi's paradox. Given the complexity and difficulty of interstellar travel, it's possible (likely? probable?) that civilizations tend to destroy themselves before they develop the means to travel the stars.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They are definitely not here.

As to elsewhere, that's the crux of Fermi's paradox. Given the complexity and difficulty of interstellar travel, it's possible (likely? probable?) that civilizations tend to destroy themselves before they develop the means to travel the stars.

That's a really interesting take.  Def food for thought.  Thanks for bringing up that point of view.

• Like (+1) 2

No. Any hint, story, "declassified" document, etc. is a psyop to distract you from the fact that the US, like other superpowers in history, has communed with demons in order to obtain technological advances that defy a credible explanation.

Extraterrestrials/reptilians running the government is, like the fake moon landing, a cover conspiracy planted by the USG in order to cover up more horrible truths.

Poor Bill Cooper went to his grave so close, yet so far from the truth.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are many different hypothesis attempting to explain the Fermi paradox. The civilizations always destroy themselves before discovering interstellar travel is just one of them.

I personally lean towards the idea that space is just too large for life to easily find other life, and that is assuming that an alien life form even exists in a form that is perceptible to a human being's senses.

I think of it like traversing a long highway through an extremely large forest, in that scenario how likely would it be for you to be able find a small anthill by stopping at any random point and wandering out into the woods?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

There are many different hypothesis attempting to explain the Fermi paradox. The civilizations always destroy themselves before discovering interstellar travel is just one of them.

I personally lean towards the idea that space is just too large for life to easily find other life, and that is assuming that an alien life form even exists in a form that is perceptible to a human being's senses.

I think of it like traversing a long highway through an extremely large forest, in that scenario how likely would it be for you to be able find a small anthill by stopping at any random point and wandering out into the woods?

I think this is also a good explanation of why we haven't met alien life.

I don't think there's one solid reason, but more a combination of things.

Looking for that anthill in the forest is already difficult, but even harder if a percentage of the ant colonies kill themselves. Or the ants or their anthills don't look like anything we're expecting so we walk right by them.

• Like (+1) 1

If they are here, they are not our friends.  At least not friends of "we the people".  With all of their tech, they could do very beneficial things for us in terms of medicinal purposes.  If they are here, they are behind the scenes, which is not a good thing...

26 minutes ago, phypon said:

If they are here, they are not our friends.  At least not friends of "we the people".  With all of their tech, they could do very beneficial things for us in terms of medicinal purposes.  If they are here, they are behind the scenes, which is not a good thing...

If they were not our friends they could have destroyed us at any point like the ants we are to them. We are the reality tv of the universe. All of the extraterrestrials are laughing at how dumb the chimp hybrids are on Earth. They watch us, study us, laugh at us. I wonder if they will watch the debate on Thurs like holy crap this is the best they've got down there??

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

If they were not our friends they could have destroyed us at any point like the ants we are to them. We are the reality tv of the universe. All of the extraterrestrials are laughing at how dumb the chimp hybrids are on Earth. They watch us, study us, laugh at us. I wonder if they will watch the debate on Thurs like holy crap this is the best they've got down there??

I like this because it is so true. You would think a group odd people would want its best And brightest or strongest like animal to lead them. Humans, in the US anyway, are not as smart as the animals. I can see A I taking over at some point.

I don’t believe aliens exist. We would have seen them by now. 

If aliens existed and landed on our planet....

you can rest assure that once they explored this planet, they got back on their ships and exited dodge IMMEDIATELY. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I watched some of these things. I still don’t believe it. 9 times out of 10 it’s over a military base or warship. Why is that why is the govt the only one involved? Only those clowns see this? No.

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

I watched some of these things. I still don’t believe it. 9 times out of 10 it’s over a military base or warship. Why is that why is the govt the only one involved? Only those clowns see this? No.

Those areas are the most monitored areas on the planet. They have infrared cameras, radar lock, and the best tech there is. And if you were an alien, aren't those the areas that you would check out? Like what are these monkeys up to now? Hopefully not blowing everything up with their nukes. That's exactly where they would be found