FantasyFootball.com Rates The Sites

R. Rich

Where else but here will you find answers to those questions and more pinned to the top of the forum?

Seriously, when things get rolling here I see game analysis in the forum that rivals anything that can be found in "non-message board content" anywhere else.  If I want to know how many times the QB got sacked, I go to NFL.com.  If I want to know the why and how, I come here...skim through the half dozen "because he's a bum"s and get some thorough analysis of which lineman pulled the ole move, or which receiver couldn't get open, etc...

361034[/snapback]

Exactly. Actually this all could be solved by SDS simply including one link to the nfl.com "Gamebook" after each game. That virtually gives you everything you could want to know in one-stop surfing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Actually this all could be solved by SDS simply including one link to the nfl.com "Gamebook" after each game. That virtually gives you everything you could want to know in one-stop surfing.

361040[/snapback]

But does it come w/ tequilla shots?

Yeah, whatever...

We do two things and we do them better than anyone else.  We have the finest message board community anywhere and we have the best article researcher walking the planet.

So, you can get your news and then talk about it with your fellow fans.  That is 99% of what 99% of fans want to do.

If you want fan analysis then read the boards.  If someone wants to spell check their work - I'll happily submit it as an article.  But, I'm not losing any sleep over the lack of original content.  Anyone who would write for us is on our message boards expressing their opinions every day, so it is there to read.

Gary the article poster is the best there is.  For years, we watched other sites take our articles every day for their own sites (we have documented this internally) because Gary is just that good.

As for stats, etc... fine - I could put more up there, but then again with dozens of professional sites providing that info (which I would have to cut and paste from anyway) - I guess I no longer see the point in 2005.  1999 is in the rear view mirror and not every aspect of every site needs full duplication across every site.

So, whatever.  He is a guy who has a laundry list of things that he expects to see, but I doubt he has given it much thought to what it means to provide those "missing" pieces, the value of those pieces, and the demand for those pieces across a broad range of fans.

360905[/snapback]

I think TBD is great! Other than Buffalo Bills.com, it was the first Bills sight I ever checked out. Since, I have checked out the others, but rarely go back to them. Personally, if I want stats, I go to NFL.COM, and Bills stuff specific, it is BB.COM (about once a week to check out press conferences, and video stuff, as the "demands" of my job allow), and TBD, about 20 times a day. This sight is terrific, even if 90% of the members are a-holes! :unsure: I think that there are a number of regular posters who have better insight into the Bills than national writers do.

I wish he would have waited till preseason started, the very best reviews of the daily practices come from this board. '

Between the various reports from the same day I feel like I was there. I love hearing different views of the same practice, one writer will focus on the defensive call and another may have been focusing on the tight ends and receivers. Then Cindy sprinkles in a few gems about what the players have to say off the record and we at TBD end up very well informed.

I wish he would have waited till preseason started, the very best reviews of the daily practices come from this board. '

Between the various reports from the same day I feel like I was there. I love hearing different views of the same practice, one writer will focus on the defensive call and another may have been focusing on the tight ends and receivers. Then Cindy sprinkles in a few gems about what the players have to say off the record and we at TBD end up very well informed.

361080[/snapback]

Yeah, but his evaluation is on everything but the message board. So, unless those reports make it to TBD's main page, he'd just say "Unlike the other fan sites, TBD is completely lacking in butt reports. I want to know who shows up to training camp with a nice @ss, I guess I have to go to Mark Weiler's Bills Report site. I just need a translation key so I can identify the player by the grade-school nickname they are assigned by the site."

Yeah, but his evaluation is on everything but the message board.  So, unless those reports make it to TBD's main page, he'd just say "Unlike the other fan sites, TBD is completely lacking in butt reports.  I want to know who shows up to training camp with a nice @ss, I guess I have to go to Mark Weiler's Bills Report site.  I just need a translation key so I can identify the player by the grade-school nickname they are assigned by the site."

361087[/snapback]

Good thing nobody here gives players stupid nicknames.

-- Signed, Big Cat :unsure:

Why reinvent the wheel? Focus on what you do so that you do it better than anyone. SDS has done that.

BillsDaily and TBD have a working arrangement. Billsdaily is linked at the top of TBD. Click the Message Board link on Billsdaily and guess where you end up... HERE! Steve Saslow has no reason to try to build a messageboard community just like Scott has no reason to maintain a salary cap or statistics page.

361080[/snapback]

Only 1 month and a half to go. i can't wait. :angry:

I'll be there almost everyday and might even have a new camera with me if I can convince my dad to get it from Kodak. :unsure:

I love this community and wouldn't want to leave, nor would I want the people who are here regularly to leave either.  There's so much to like about this board and the people who make it special. 

360983[/snapback]

I love you too, man!

Why reinvent the wheel?  Focus on what you do so that you do it better than anyone.  SDS has done that.

BillsDaily and TBD have a working arrangement.  Billsdaily is linked at the top of TBD.  Click the Message Board link on Billsdaily and guess where you end up... HERE!  Steve Saslow has no reason to try to build a messageboard community just like Scott has no reason to maintain a salary cap or statistics page.

361093[/snapback]

Steve works hard and puts out a good site. :unsure:

Why reinvent the wheel?  Focus on what you do so that you do it better than anyone.  SDS has done that.

BillsDaily and TBD have a working arrangement.  Billsdaily is linked at the top of TBD.  Click the Message Board link on Billsdaily and guess where you end up... HERE!  Steve Saslow has no reason to try to build a messageboard community just like Scott has no reason to maintain a salary cap or statistics page.

361093[/snapback]

EXACTLY - each site is different and they work well in partnership. Not all sites could have all things, so each has found its own areas of expertise.