FantasyFootball.com Rates The Sites

R. Rich

It seems they did a revierw of the different Bills fan sites, and here's how they came out:

1. BillsDaily.com

2. BillsZone.com

3. !@#$.com

4. BillsFanCentral.com

5. TwoBillsDrive.com

6. BillsAddiction.com

They were a bit harsh in reviewing TBD. Here's the link.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems he's looking for sites with more actual information, stats and columns directly linked to the Bills, not just the front page articles from the papers.

Or maybe he wasn't impressed with the 40 threads about girl problems and reality TV. :unsure:

It seems they did a revierw of the different Bills fan sites, and here's how they came out:

1. BillsDaily.com

2. BillsZone.com

3. !@#$.com

4. BillsFanCentral.com

5. TwoBillsDrive.com

6. BillsAddiction.com

They were a bit harsh in reviewing TBD.  Here's the link.

360838[/snapback]

Some of his criticisms are the reason I enjoy this place. Different boards for different strokes. If I want to find out the latest about the NO game and who's going I know where to go. If I want to keep my skin intact I aviod PPP. :angry: My guess is the guy spent a little time here during this offseason when the talk is obviously about much more than football.

I do miss the homegrown articles, Kultar's Pouch, Bob Lamb etc., but other than that...this is the place for me and I aint going anywhere (sorry R.Rich :unsure: ).

Well in my opinion in a way he's right, in a way he's wrong. TBD is not a fan site. If I'm a Bills fan looking for news on the Bills, good articles, ect., TBD is not the place to look for it. I get most of my information from BZ.

But what TBD is, is a great community made up of Bills fans. Basically a great site filled with users of common interests. The people here are great for the most part. That's where I think TBD has an edge over the others, and slightly over BZ.

I'd rank them as....

1) BZ

2) TBD

3) BillsDaily

4) BBI

5) BillsFanCentral

The writer didn't appear to have a problem w/ The Stadium Wall, but he does seem to fell TBD, as a news site, is lacking because there's no input from the staff. There may be something to that. I don't think he was slamming the message board @ all.

Well in my opinion in a way he's right, in a way he's wrong. TBD is not a fan site. If I'm a Bills fan looking for news on the Bills, good articles, ect., TBD is not the place to look for it. I get most of my information from BZ.

But what TBD is, is a great community made up of Bills fans. Basically a great site filled with users of common interests. The people here are great for the most part. That's where I think TBD has an edge over the others, and slightly over BZ.

I'd rank them as....

1) BZ

2) TBD

3) BillsDaily

4) BBI

5) BillsFanCentral

360846[/snapback]

Good ranking. I agree and I still don't see what he finds soo great about BillsDaily. It's nice to get the latest news, but it's not that in depth and also don't give any sources or links. That's why I like the front page of BZ and TBD better. I'm just glad that Rick is after all of us on the list. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :unsure:

The writer didn't appear to have a problem w/ The Stadium Wall, but he does seem to fell TBD, as a news site, is lacking because there's no input from the staff.  There may be something to that.  I don't think he was slamming the message board @ all.

360848[/snapback]

That's what I got out of it. He said that messageboards werent really his thing anyways and I think he has BillsDaily and BZ ahead because of the original fan content. That's what keeps BZ and BillsDaily on top during the season and preseason is the original fan content and the imput from the staff.

I'm just glad that Rick is after all of us on the list.  That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  :unsure:

360851[/snapback]

They're 3rd on the list of the author of the article. I agree w/ you on Bills Daily though. I don't see how it's the class of the fan sites. It's good, but to say it's better than the others listed? I dunno.

They're 3rd on the list of the author of the article.  I agree w/ you on Bills Daily though.  I don't see how it's the class of the fan sites.  It's good, but to say it's better than the others listed?  I dunno.

360853[/snapback]

I guess I thought it was lower than that because he didnt even give a review of BBI.

Yeah, whatever...

We do two things and we do them better than anyone else. We have the finest message board community anywhere and we have the best article researcher walking the planet.

So, you can get your news and then talk about it with your fellow fans. That is 99% of what 99% of fans want to do.

If you want fan analysis then read the boards. If someone wants to spell check their work - I'll happily submit it as an article. But, I'm not losing any sleep over the lack of original content. Anyone who would write for us is on our message boards expressing their opinions every day, so it is there to read.

Gary the article poster is the best there is. For years, we watched other sites take our articles every day for their own sites (we have documented this internally) because Gary is just that good.

As for stats, etc... fine - I could put more up there, but then again with dozens of professional sites providing that info (which I would have to cut and paste from anyway) - I guess I no longer see the point in 2005. 1999 is in the rear view mirror and not every aspect of every site needs full duplication across every site.

So, whatever. He is a guy who has a laundry list of things that he expects to see, but I doubt he has given it much thought to what it means to provide those "missing" pieces, the value of those pieces, and the demand for those pieces across a broad range of fans.

If i wants stats and scores, thats what the bills site and espn is for...if i want a great message board, i'm coming here to TSW...

to me it seems as if our little message board rater was impressed by pictures and pretty colors...apparently reading the content isnt his strong suit...

Exactly Ramius. Exactly. I'm not five years old and don't need huge pictures on everyone's posts to draw me in to a message board. It's all about the content and if he took the time to look at what makes football games successful, THE PEOPLE, he'd see we have one of the greatest internet communities going.

For stats, I go elsewhere. I never once expected it from TBD especially when there are internet sites that specialize in that.

I first came to TBD because you could find all the articles about the Bills right there in one place, without searching all day for them. Only later did I discover the message board and was pleasantly surprised at how everyone seemed to get along (yes there are always a few that don't but thats what a community is) and were pretty friendly with each other. The people welcomed in strangers and you can talk about almost anything. I looked at a couple of the other sites and it just didn't do it for me.

I don't know what this guy's criteria was, but to me, the articles on TBD and the community on TSW is what makes me come here day in and day out.

The guy should have broken down his ratings

Best Original Content

Best Messageboard

Best News

Best Historical data

Best site design

That way people could go access their own priorities and find what they need.

The writer didn't appear to have a problem w/ The Stadium Wall, but he does seem to fell TBD, as a news site, is lacking because there's no input from the staff.  There may be something to that.  I don't think he was slamming the message board @ all.

360848[/snapback]

"Best" is such a subjective term. TBD/TSW is tops in my book because of the people, as well as the listing of articles on the frontpage. No offense, but most "fans" can't write good articles. I'd rather read people's insights here, and not as "artilces."

Using the reviewer's criteria, he'd say that http://www.slashdot.com is a stupid site; all it does is link to other articles and has forums for people to discuss the articles. Then again, /. is one of the top tech sites on the planet... So agian, it's all subjective.

CW

"Best" is such a subjective term.  TBD/TSW is tops in my book because of the people, as well as the listing of articles on the frontpage.  No offense, but most "fans" can't write good articles.  I'd rather read people's insights here, and not as "artilces."

Using the reviewer's criteria, he'd say that http://www.slashdot.com is a stupid site; all it does is link to other articles and has forums for people to discuss the articles.  Then again, /. is one of the top tech sites on the planet...  So agian, it's all subjective.

CW

360959[/snapback]

Well said.

I love this community and wouldn't want to leave, nor would I want the people who are here regularly to leave either. There's so much to like about this board and the people who make it special.

As for the news board, if it's decided that we will start to add more insight in the way of articles, editorials, and such, I'm all for that too.

Well said. 

I love this community and wouldn't want to leave, nor would I want the people who are here regularly to leave either.  There's so much to like about this board and the people who make it special. 

As for the news board, if it's decided that we will start to add more insight in the way of articles, editorials, and such, I'm all for that too.

360983[/snapback]

If posters here decided to starting to write some opinions in article format, i'd love to read them...hell i'll even start writing...it'd be nice to have a place to put them, because sometimes when someone starts a decent thread, it falls too far too fast and doesnt get read by a lot of people...

and if we let FFS write an aticle, maybe it will keep his posts down to a more manageable length...:unsure:

It's really kind of ridiculous to fault TBD for not having stats and game results and other kinds of things he thinks are lacking. In all of those sites, you have to click on links anyway to get to what you want to see and right at the top of TBD is the link to BillsDaily for stats and stuff.

The key to the best fan site question is the desert island quiz. If you could only have one site, which would it be, and it's TBD hands down, and I visit all of the other sites. I mean, seriously, could BillsDaily or BillsZone come close to answering your question of "I'm stuck on a desert island and don't know what to do! Where to eat! Where to find aboriginees that won't dump me! Please help! Wooooooooo-hoooooo!"

It's really kind of ridiculous to fault TBD for not having stats and game results and other kinds of things he thinks are lacking. In all of those sites, you have to click on links anyway to get to what you want to see and right at the top of TBD is the link to BillsDaily for stats and stuff.

The key to the best fan site question is the desert island quiz. If you could only have one site, which would it be, and it's TBD hands down, and I visit all of the other sites. I mean, seriously, could BillsDaily or BillsZone come close to answering your question of "I'm stuck on a desert island and don't know what to do! Where to eat! Where to find aboriginees that won't dump me! Please help! Wooooooooo-hoooooo!"

361023[/snapback]

Where else but here will you find answers to those questions and more pinned to the top of the forum?

Seriously, when things get rolling here I see game analysis in the forum that rivals anything that can be found in "non-message board content" anywhere else. If I want to know how many times the QB got sacked, I go to NFL.com. If I want to know the why and how, I come here...skim through the half dozen "because he's a bum"s and get some thorough analysis of which lineman pulled the ole move, or which receiver couldn't get open, etc...