Interesting Bills storylines to watch during training camp

ryguy101

Will any of the WRs emerge as a true #1 

Will Bass be kicking for his job 

Will Milano come back from injury to his all-pro level 

Who will be our CB2 

Will someone show pass rushing skills that will be meaningful in the playoffs

Who will be our starting safeties, a question asked after 7 years of Hyde and Poyer

So many exciting battles to be won.  Can't wait for TC to kick off

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I say keep Milano and Von Miller wrapped in as much bubble tape as possible. Obviously, they'll need to get ready for football and get in football shape, but don't risk them unnecessarily. I wouldn't play either of them in preseason games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

Other than a potential injury - i don't worry much about milano.  Guy works out a lot and will have likely taken his rehab very seriously.  And his instincts are off the chart, and thats what makes a LB great.  

Miller i think needs a camp, and a bit of competition.  He was limited all summer, started on PUP, and it was just a huge team distraction.  Then after his return it felt like he still wasn't ready, and just couldn't trust the knee.  I have a bit of faith in his return barring an injury - he looked a lot more dynamic towards the final couple of games (more than Floyd anyway), and I don't think he wants his career to end so abruptly.  

• Like (+1) 3

So many IFs this year.... 

Does the secondary gel with two new safeties and where does Bishop fit in

Does McGovern run the O Line as an anchor and who takes his Guard position 

Who emerges at WR to be the true #1 and do we see Kincaid become who we hope he becomes

Does Milano return to game wrecking status and stay healthy, does Bernard take the leap to a Pro Bowl caliber LB

Does Groot have it finally click and become a consistent threat, does Epinesa continue to grow and push him

Does Von have a comeback year and dominate again

Does Bass return to form or do we need a new kicker

Does Elam justify his 1st rd pick, does Benford continue to nail down CB2 or move to safety. 
 Lastly do we make room for another high end player (trade or FA signing) prior to the start of the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, ryguy101 said:

I have a couple storylines I am going to be focusing on more during training camp...

1. How is Connor McGovern transition to center going?

2. Will Von Miller look like Von Miller?

I doubt training camp will sort either of your issues out. There’s virtually no contact in camp anymore and it’s contact that’ll be the defining factor for each. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MJS said:

I say keep Milano and Von Miller wrapped in as much bubble tape as possible. Obviously, they'll need to get ready for football and get in football shape, but don't risk them unnecessarily. I wouldn't play either of them in preseason games.

Milano has to watch out he doesn't get mobbed by single women at training camp while interacting with the fans...if I had a dollar for every woman I've heard who says Matt Milano is "hot", I'd be very wealthy.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MJS said:

I understand your trepidation with those two, but in all reality, like Aaron Rodger’s either of them could get injured in the first game of the season, so sprinkling them in during preseason really doesn’t create any more risk than the first game of the season, likely less chance as no one is playing all that hard in preseason, jmo. 

16 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If Von Miller doesn't look like Von Miller than how can we watch him?

I can hear the discussion now:

"Hey, who is that guy wearing #40?"

"Isn't that Von Miller?"

"It doesn't look like Von Miller."

"Beats me then."

• Haha (+1) 1

Which rookies will challenge veterans in training camp:

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger played 3 full college seasons at center and could beat out McGovern and send him back to left guard

Ray Davis is a better pass-blocker and has better hands than James Cook and could take a significant number of snaps from him 

Daequan Hardy is a nickel corner and great special teamer who could beat out Cam Lewis and Ja'Marcus Ingram for backup corner duties

Edefuan Ulofoshio has a chance to challenge Dorian Williams and Baylon Spector as the 3rd linebacker

DeWayne Carter could beat veterans Austin Johnson and Deshawn Williams for snaps in the DT rotation

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, ganesh said:

Will any of the WRs emerge as a true #1 

Will Bass be kicking for his job 

Will Milano come back from injury to his all-pro level 

Who will be our CB2 

Will someone show pass rushing skills that will be meaningful in the playoffs

Who will be our starting safeties, a question asked after 7 years of Hyde and Poyer

So many exciting battles to be won.  Can't wait for TC to kick off

This is a good list.  

Though I'm actually less curious if a WR emerges as a True #1 and more curious if our Top Three WRs will be a credible group who can make this offense hum.  

And I'll be looking for hints on how Brady modified the offense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JP51 said:

So many IFs this year.... 

Does Milano return to game wrecking status and stay healthy, does Bernard take the leap to a Pro Bowl caliber LB

I think Bernard already played at a pro bowl level. 

More picks, recoveries, sacks, tackles, and better coverage rating than JOK (JOK beats him in FF 1v0, TFL 20v10, PBU 6v5).  Similar story with Demario Davis, more recoveries, tackles, picks, PBUs, and better coverage grade (rating of 80 is really incredible) with Demario having more FF (1v0 again), TFL (12v10) and same sacks (6.5).  Bernard also covers further down field than either player.  Don't get me started on Bobby Wagner who only had more tackles and TFL (11v10) that were better.  Would argue he played similar to Patrick Queen too.  

Basically I'm saying you story line should be does Bernard take the leap to ALL-PRO LB cause he pretty clearly has the stats to be in the PB but not the name recognition. 

• Like (+1) 2