Any insight with Paramount+ and/or SiriusXM for games?

I cut the cord on YouTube NFL Sunday ticket because I was really only able to use it on maybe 3-4 games last year. 

This year, it actually might be more useful but it's still paying $450 when I know walking in that a third of them are blacked out due to Primetime and the almost-sure-to-be-national Chiefs game.

Now, there are certain solutions available 

*Grabs bottle of rum, and eye patch*

But I do want to look for legitimate ways to support.

Sirius claims to broadcast all games and often I enjoy the radio calls better than, say, Collingsworth.

I can more seriously see using SiriusXM, as I got a free trial when I got my car a few years ago and I definitely used it.

Alternately, for about the same cost I could subscribe to Paramount and get a VPN. While I am loath to pay for YET ANOTHER streaming service Paramount and showtime actually have stuff I would watch and a VPN has value all its own.

Each for a year gives more benefit and costs less in a year than I'd get from doing Sunday ticket for 4 months. If people have insight as to how they work together I'd appreciate hearing.

• Like (+1) 1

I had Paramount + & dropped it because I have Showtime.  I have no idea what a VPN is. As far as I know, Paramount + only lets you stream the games that are locally broadcast.  So unless you're frequently out & want to watch your local games on a device, I don't see any value with P+.  Peacock is the one that shows exclusive games.  

As far as SiriusXM. I'm not sure all the games are on the car radio.  They are on if you have a home subscription.  The problem is the broadcasts are behind the actual action, so if you really wanted to watch on TV & listen on the radio, you'd have to rewind the game on your TV to the point it is on SitiusXM. 

Paramount+ for the win.

just simply open your chrome web browser on PC change your computers gps location to wherever the Bills game is locally playing that day and stream the game to your TV.

someone posted a few years back a detailed way to change your computers location. Developer tools < sensors etc. 

$6 per month gets you nearly every Bills game for the season since the vast majority of CBS games or national TV games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins&#x27; Rib said:

Paramount+ for the win.

just simply open your chrome web browser on PC change your computers gps location to wherever the Bills game is locally playing that day and stream the game to your TV.

someone posted a few years back a detailed way to change your computers location. Developer tools < sensors etc. 

$6 per month gets you nearly every Bills game for the season since the vast majority of CBS games or national TV games.

Ok. This makes sense to me. It's slightly more expensive now, but yeah if developer tools can do it then that's the best pick.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I had Paramount + & dropped it because I have Showtime.  I have no idea what a VPN is. As far as I know, Paramount + only lets you stream the games that are locally broadcast.  So unless you're frequently out & want to watch your local games on a device, I don't see any value with P+.  Peacock is the one that shows exclusive games.  

As far as SiriusXM. I'm not sure all the games are on the car radio.  They are on if you have a home subscription.  The problem is the broadcasts are behind the actual action, so if you really wanted to watch on TV & listen on the radio, you'd have to rewind the game on your TV to the point it is on SitiusXM. 

The issue is me *not having* TV because I live out of market and having a realistic chance each tank bowl chosen because of network exec having a hot nut for his fantasy team.

VPN is basically a service where you are routed through a server to affect you geocache for area blocked streaming

11 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ok. This makes sense to me. It's slightly more expensive now, but yeah if developer tools can do it then that's the best pick.

The issue is me *not having* TV because I live out of market and having a realistic chance each tank bowl chosen because of network exec having a hot nut for his fantasy team.

VPN is basically a service where you are routed through a server to affect you geocache for area blocked streaming

I don't know one single person that's had a VPN and was happy with it and I know quite a few folks that have had various different ones. The biggest complaint by far is there are a LOT of sites you won't be able to access without a bunch of messing around with settings and running a close second in the complaint department is they slow down your connections... sometimes drastically!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I am a lifetime subscription holder for Sirius. In fact I have two. First I paid $199 in 2006. The second I paid $299 in 2008. Both allow digital access through the app. Some of the best money I ever spent.

That being said as bias, I absolutely love the NFL on Sirius. I can stream it anywhere now and still have two working Stilleto 100's. For a service fee I can update my account up to 3 times to a new unit (I have only done this 1 time to the two subs I have) but I do not need to do this since the app works fairly well.

For viewing the game I use many sources of piracy. I will not list them here but I have watched 90% of the games over the last 10-15 years that were not nationally televised using pirate sites. I have never missed a game or had an issue.

Just get a Superbox S4 or 5 pro and watch all nfl, nba,nhl, and mlb games for free as well as hundreds of other channels from all local netoks across the us and canada.  I have had it 2 years now and get everything for free

6 minutes ago, US Egg said:

The NFL is a luxury, the ruse of self entitlement is over. 

The new normal has arrived.

Pucker up.

That's why I enjoy Sirius and listening to the games. In the drought era and when i have other things going on then I can easily turn the radio on and catch the game anywhere without being encumbered to a room, couch, and misery of missing a beautiful Fall day. 

I just moved out of the market to FL, I am going to go to TV school apparently lol... not sure what I am gonna do to get games. I have youtube tv to stream, but debating NFL ticket, Parmount plus etc... I feel like I am gonna learn a lot this year being technology deficient as I am. 

2 hours ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

I don't know one single person that's had a VPN and was happy with it and I know quite a few folks that have had various different ones. The biggest complaint by far is there are a LOT of sites you won't be able to access without a bunch of messing around with settings and running a close second in the complaint department is they slow down your connections... sometimes drastically!

⬇️Call this guy, makes it sound like a plug and play⬇️

45 minutes ago, Petrolpig said:

Just get a Superbox S4 or 5 pro and watch all nfl, nba,nhl, and mlb games for free as well as hundreds of other channels from all local netoks across the us and canada.  I have had it 2 years now and get everything for free

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Yeah, VPNs suck. I only got it for connecting to strange WiFi when traveling. For everything else over the internet, it is an impediment.

6 hours ago, boyst said:

I am a lifetime subscription holder for Sirius. In fact I have two. First I paid $199 in 2006. The second I paid $299 in 2008. Both allow digital access through the app. Some of the best money I ever spent.

That being said as bias, I absolutely love the NFL on Sirius. I can stream it anywhere now and still have two working Stilleto 100's. For a service fee I can update my account up to 3 times to a new unit (I have only done this 1 time to the two subs I have) but I do not need to do this since the app works fairly well.

For viewing the game I use many sources of piracy. I will not list them here but I have watched 90% of the games over the last 10-15 years that were not nationally televised using pirate sites. I have never missed a game or had an issue.

I've been known to raise the black flag once or twice. But the websites that I know of are skeevy and unreliable. If tossing in a few bucks to do it safe and legally I'd do it. Hell, I threw money at YouTube last year. It just ground my gears to pay that money and get hit with restrictions.

Last year our TV broke literally the week before the season started and I didn't want to throw money before Black Friday (was worth the wait, got an OLED worth every penny) cuz, ya know, I'd thrown close to $500 on Sunday Ticket so imagine my horror at "Whoop, you can't stream it because it's in market" and "whoop that's a Primetime game" and "whoop we sold that game to Amazon/Peacock".

20 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Just now, Utah John said:

20 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

"VPN is basically a service where you are routed through a server to affect you geocache for area blocked streaming"

OK, so most of those words are in English dictionaries, but strung together like that they make a somewhat foreign language. Is there a link to a page with instructions for us CSL people (Computers as a Second Language)?

So what I’m reading here is people don’t want to use sites to get the games for free because it’s “illegal” (it’s not illegal to use them btw), so they pay a subscription service fee and then get a VPN to run an end around the service limitations on viewing?  Oy vey!

I had Paramount+ and a VPN, but it didn't always work.

Just like with YouTube TV, it'd detect I was using a VPN & not work until I turned it off. Sometimes it did work though, so I dunno what I did differently.

29 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I had Paramount+ and a VPN, but it didn't always work.

Just like with YouTube TV, it'd detect I was using a VPN & not work until I turned it off. Sometimes it did work though, so I dunno what I did differently.

Always Sunny Mac GIF by hero0fwar

15 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I've been known to raise the black flag once or twice. But the websites that I know of are skeevy and unreliable. If tossing in a few bucks to do it safe and legally I'd do it. Hell, I threw money at YouTube last year. It just ground my gears to pay that money and get hit with restrictions.

Last year our TV broke literally the week before the season started and I didn't want to throw money before Black Friday (was worth the wait, got an OLED worth every penny) cuz, ya know, I'd thrown close to $500 on Sunday Ticket so imagine my horror at "Whoop, you can't stream it because it's in market" and "whoop that's a Primetime game" and "whoop we sold that game to Amazon/Peacock".

using a VPN is illegal and against the terms of fair use for NFL broadcasts/networks.

it's amazing how people don't even acknowledge that this message board could be against the rights of the NFL. Listen closely to the whole message near the end of the game: "any reproduction or rights or discussion of this game are licensed to the nfl/broadcaster" to paraphrase.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.