Yardage Predictions for Bills Receivers in 2024

On 6/25/2024 at 2:33 PM, bigK14094 said:

I think Coleman and Kincaid will hold each other back, unless Coleman has moves we haven't seen.  I don't see the big deep threat on the roster.  Hence, no true Diggs replacement this year.

We'll see.  I feel like if Coleman is 1 v 1, hopefully he could make the contested catch

MVS is a known deep threat, Samuel got wheels.Shakir got wheels, Hamler or Claypool got wheels. There's no 1 replacement for Diggs, unless Coleman is the stud he could be,  but as a collective they'll fill the void,  i like this group better honestly 

4 hours ago, eball said:

More belittling, condescending nonsense instead of just having a discussion.  There are a couple of good examples of WRs who “rise above” but those guys are few and far between.  I’ll just stop asking any questions because guys like you and @FireChans are incapable of understanding any perspective but your own.

Good day.

I gave you specifically what you asked for..........then @HappyDays and @FireChans gave you a lot more than "a couple of good examples".

It's very disrespectful to ask for examples........be given them........then dismiss them as irrelevant.

b3052a4e4ee763c83b7d14354c304cb10e2bc7bb

As such........you will get clowned.   Goes for everyone who bickers without any regard whatsoever for the truth.   See @Thurman#1 etc..

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/25/2024 at 6:58 PM, ryguy101 said:

agree with the number's figures with you as well. I think Allen will be closer to last season.

My order is...

Kincaid

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman

Cook 

Knox

I can see that as well.  

Here's what AI (Perplexity) projects:

Based on the latest information and roster changes, the Buffalo Bills' top receivers for the 2024 season are likely to be:

Curtis Samuel (WR): As the most experienced receiver on the roster, Samuel is expected to be a primary target. Given his previous success with offensive coordinator Joe Brady in Carolina, he could potentially reach 800-900 yards.

Khalil Shakir (WR): After a strong performance in the latter part of the 2023 season, Shakir is poised for a larger role. He could accumulate 700-800 yards.

Keon Coleman (WR): As the Bills' top draft pick, Coleman brings size and exceptional contested catch ability. As a rookie starter, he might record 600-700 yards.

Dalton Kincaid (TE): While not a wide receiver, Kincaid is likely to be a key target in the passing game. As a "big slot" who creates mismatches, he could potentially reach 600-700 yards.

Dawson Knox (TE): With his good rapport with Josh Allen, Knox could contribute 500-600 yards in the passing game.

James Cook (RB): As a receiving threat out of the backfield, Cook might accumulate 400-500 yards through the air.

Mack Hollins (WR): As a secondary option and special teams contributor, Hollins could add 300-400 yards.

It's important to note that these projections are speculative. The Bills seem to be moving towards a more distributed passing attack rather than relying on a single dominant receiver. This approach could lead to a more balanced distribution of targets and yards among these players, as well as others like Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

The exact yardage for each player is difficult to predict and could vary based on factors such as player performance, injuries, and offensive game plans throughout the season. The Bills' new-look receiving corps will likely feature a variety of skill sets to exploit mismatches across the field.

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I gave you specifically what you asked for..........then @HappyDays and @FireChans gave you a lot more than "a couple of good examples".

It's very disrespectful to ask for examples........be given them........then dismiss them as irrelevant.

As such........you will get clowned.   Goes for everyone who bickers without any regard whatsoever for the truth.   See @Thurman#1 etc..

Meanwhile-  you don’t know who’s better-

2017 Matthews-Zay-Holmes-Tate-clay-Webb

or

2024 Samuel- Shakir- Coleman- MVS- Hollins- Claypool

because it has to be measured relatively….

As such- you will get clowned

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/24/2024 at 11:28 PM, LeGOATski said:

I wanna say Kincaid had a similar statistical trend. I expect one of these guys to go over 1000, which isn't that hard to do in today's NFL.

I also fully believe Kincaid will eclipse 1k. With all the newbies on the roster JA will be relying on "his guys" and Kincaid is gonna be that safety valve. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile-  you don’t know who’s better-

2017 Matthews-Zay-Holmes-Tate-clay-Webb

or

2024 Samuel- Shakir- Coleman- MVS- Hollins- Claypool

because it has to be measured relatively….

As such- you will get clowned

I know this much..........today's NFL QB and WR corps' are much more talented than they were in 2017.

But that's irrelevant.  

Josh Allen and the 2024 Buffalo Bills aren't playing in 2017 or against 2017 defense's.  :doh:

It's a different era for WR's and QB's. (As well as how teams defense them)

Jacksonville's Blake Bortles threw for the 5th most yards of any AFC QB in 2017.

Jacksonville's Trevor Lawrence threw for the 5th most yards of any AFC QB in 2023.

Which one is more talented?   The answer is obvious but where the team ranks in AFC QB pecking order is pretty much the same. 

The bar has been significantly raised for what constitutes a good WR room or a QB1.

Wake up and smell it for fuxake.

Even so..........the numbers on this current Bills WR corps are ghastly.

Jordan Matthews was a career 58 yard per game receiver entering 2017.

Curtis Samuel?  Career 37.2 yards per game.  Including 38 ypg each of the last two seasons.

Khalil Shakir?  24.9 career and just 35.9 in 2023.  

MVS?  34.3 career.  A feeble 19.7 last in 2023.

Claypool?  39 career.   Even at his best in 2020-2021 he didn't outproduce Matthews and Claypool barely registered a pulse last season and may be toast.

Do some research work yourself for a change, clown.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I know this much..........today's NFL QB and WR corps' are much more talented than they were in 2017.

But that's irrelevant.  

Josh Allen and the 2024 Buffalo Bills aren't playing in 2017 or against 2017 defense's.  :doh:

It's a different era for WR's and QB's. (As well as how teams defense them)

Jacksonville's Blake Bortles threw for the 5th most yards of any AFC QB in 2017.

Jacksonville's Trevor Lawrence threw for the 5th most yards of any AFC QB in 2023.

Which one is more talented?   The answer is obvious but where the team ranks in AFC QB pecking order is pretty much the same. 

The bar has been significantly raised for what constitutes a good WR room or a QB1.

Wake up and smell it for fuxake.

Even so..........the numbers on this current Bills WR corps are ghastly.

Jordan Matthews was a career 58 yard per game receiver entering 2017.

Curtis Samuel?  Career 37.2 yards per game.  Including 38 ypg each of the last two seasons.

Khalil Shakir?  24.9 career and just 35.9 in 2023.  

MVS?  34.3 career.  A feeble 19.7 last in 2023.

Claypool?  39 career.   Even at his best in 2020-2021 he didn't outproduce Matthews and Claypool barely registered a pulse last season and may be toast.

Do some research work yourself for a change, clown.

lol-  just hilarious-   

Cherry pick all you like-  Tate- Clay- Webb were all out of the league minutes later.  None of which were nfl caliber players.  

Jordan Matthew’s was a big slow possession WR that the nfl knew was a bum-  his big payday was 1- year 1.8M with SF with 300k gtd. He was cut prior the season.    Yes- he had a better career than Samuel did to this point.  Absolutely- you are correct-  

now compare the rest- as I’ve discussed with you before 1 WR doesn’t make a unit.  Especially when that WR wasn’t considered to good by anyone but statistics.   

Why don’t you add up the career YpG of the other 5 WR?  Because that would ruin your case.  

Now cherry pick on sentence and move the goal posts.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:45 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I am living rent-free in your head, aren't I?

This is the second time in the last two weeks you've mentioned me in a post when I hadn't addressed you or even thought about you.

I feel sorry for you, man, I really do. It must be wearing away at you to be so wrong so very very often. The sad thing is that apparently when it happens you think of me regardless of whether I'm involved or not.

Dude, yeah, I do often show you where you're wrong. And you do generally then move the goal posts rather than admit the obvious. Still, so many other better uses of your time than fixating over it. Not least of which would be to better prepare your argument before writing. Even better would be doing things like exercising, spending time with friends and family, maybe reading a book.

Seriously, you clearly need stop obsessing about me. Hope that works out for you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Curtis Samuel is a big question mark for me. He fits that productive veteran free agent role. Question is, will he be John Brown / Beasley or Sanders / Crowder? 

He's younger than all of them by at least two years and much younger than Sanders when he came to Buffalo. I think many are writing Samuel off because our most recent vet free agent WR signings have been flops. But I think and hope Curtis produces much more like Brown and Beasley when they first arrived. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2024 at 8:09 PM, kkim0904 said:

Top 5

Samuel 70 rec. 1,000 yard

Kinkaid 75 Rec. 900 yard

Coleman 70 rec 850 yard 

Shakir 50 Rec. 600 yard

MVS 45 Rec 550 yard

I'll be pretty bummed if Shakir only goes for 50 and 600. He has his naysayers because he looks like a Corgi out there on the field but the dude has shown the ability to just make it happen when he gets the ball in his hands. Really hoping for more like 80 and 1,000 out of him. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

• 1 month later...

I might have already put one post up but based on Training Camp I have different expectations

Samuels 850 receiving and 250 rushing

Shakir 800 receiving and 150 rushing

Coleman 700 receiving and -5 rushing JK

Kincaid 800 receiving 

Knox 500 receiving

Hollis 400 receiving

Cook 400 receiving

Everyone combined for 300

Josh a total of 4700 yard in air and 500 on ground, a total of 52 TDs for Josh and 3 skill position player pro bowlers

Kincaid will lead the team receiving and Samuel will lead the team in scrimmage yards.  Kincaid should break 1k and I think Samuel will combine for around 1200 yards between runs and catches.   Everyone else is along for the ride.

Based on camp reports thus far, I'll guess (for now): 1000 to 1,200 Kincaid; 900 to 1,000 Shakir; Samuel around 800; and Coleman maybe 450. The others should combine to push Josh a little over 4,000 total.

Shakir and Kincaid barring injuries are going to flirt with or exceed 1000 yards each and won't surprise me at all if they both go over 1000 yards this season.  Keon has 1000 yard potential, but I think with Shakir and Kincaid already having that rapport with Allen, they will see higher yardage totals early where Keon's will likely grow as he and Allen build more chemistry making it harder to reach the 1000 yard mark as a rookie.  But I do think he leads the team in receiving TD's with 8+.  

Assuming no injuries:

Shakir 1150 yards

Kincaid 950 yards

Keon 850 yards

Samuel 650 yards