Bills salary cap space update

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I never thought that. In fact the 2/$12M we are paying him is a substantial overpay IMO. 

I don’t disagree; i was hoping another team so we didnt have to

5 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

We only have 3 outside CBs! That’s nuts!

We only have 3 safeties! That is equally nuts!

it is almost a given we are going to run into very serious problems along the way in the secondary. At least the 3 CBs have some hope of being starters. The three safeties are all unknowns! We have no idea if our safeties are going to be any good or not.

Fans become so delusional every offseason….

As @Doc Brown mentioned we have plenty more numbers than you indicate.  I would also say having Elam and Bishop as your back up in case of injury or if the new Mike Edmunds (only starter that hasnt been a starter with us before).  The original question was about what would you spend the cap on.  You would try to get an impact player at CB or Safety is what youre saying or do you just want another body (again I agree with Doc we have those bodies and they are familiar with the system)

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I'd give it to him as they'll have the space next year to give out at least one big free agent contract especially with the cap going up as quickly as it is.  I'd love to have Aiyuk, Coleman, and Kincaid as Josh's three main targets for the next four plus years while he's in his prime.

If they give Aiyuk that amount of money, they’re going to have to give Josh double that soon after. I’m not sure those two salaries can coexist on the team.

10 hours ago, warrior9 said:

This plus no Diggs, 

Didn't you prove yourself wrong in your own post? LOL 

12 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

IDK. But this year Diggs counts for 31M, and zero next year. So maybe it's not that far off.

Bills are already over the cap by $17M (as of now) for 2025.  Diggs dead money this year has no bearing whatsoever on what

money is on the books for next season.

I responded to a question about where the Bills will be at the end of this season, and it won't be anywhere near the claim.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/_/year/2025/sort/cap_total

3 hours ago, Doc said:

If they give Aiyuk that amount of money, they’re going to have to give Josh double that soon after. I’m not sure those two salaries can coexist on the team.

I agree, they just worked out of cap trouble for next year. I don't see him over committing in a re tool year like this. I think Beane has it in his head to see what he has and adjust from a better cap position going forward. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

If you project it out you could pry give out one big contract other than Josh.  I'd like that position to be a #1WR in his prime.  Take advantage of having a defensive minded head coach who can get the most out of players on rookie deals and low cost free agents.