Bills salary cap space update

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brown and Rousseau should be extended this summer.

They are picking up the 5th year option for Rousseau for 2025...that would likely push an extension for him into next offseason. Brown has no 5th year option as he wasn't a 1st round pick.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They are picking up the 5th year option for Rousseau for 2025...that would likely push an extension for him into next offseason. Brown has no 5th year option as he wasn't a 1st round pick.

No reason to wait. Rousseau’s price will only go up.

55 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Best place kickers available?

No one better than bass.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I mean.... we gotta sign Connor McGovern, right?

Gotta corner the market on Connor McGovern's...

On a more serious note I wouldn't hate the Bills actually signing him on a minimum deal. McGovern was a pretty solid center in Denver and for a few years with the Jets. He had a bad season with the Jets in 2023 but he's only 31 and has a ton of experience. The Bills could do worse than "kicking" the tires on him to compete for a 9th/10th offensive line spot. 

7 hours ago, psuscott16 said:

At some point they have to stop signing old guys and let the rookies and younger guys play. Every old guy you sign is a most likely a young guy that doesn't make the team and you risk losing.

Or…gets worn out as the season progresses and we see the results in injuries and what not.  Youth needs early season action to learn then hopefully won’t be a triage unit going into the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, psuscott16 said:

At some point they have to stop signing old guys and let the rookies and younger guys play. Every old guy you sign is a most likely a young guy that doesn't make the team and you risk losing.

That point is now. I actually don’t think they make a significant signing this summer outside the organization. I think they’ll sign 1-2 of their own guys and carry over the rest of the cap.

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

What concerns do you have at WR?

Still worried a bit about boundary WR.  I understand the plan but there is a high enough chance that Coleman needs a season to get it sorted; Claypool is what hes shown the last two years; Hollins is super efficient with his opportunities that I think we could use an outside WR. 

We are pretty well stocked at all positions (pretty surprising considering our cap position heading into the offseason) but at the premium positions of Edge (my primary focus cause the plan doesnt feel as good) and WR they are missing elite top end talent so I think adding more makes sense.

Pay the practice squad, keep some for injuries,carry the rest over.

Stop looking to FA'S for the answer and go into the season with what we have.  We are at that point where we need to see what we have amd just how good the coaching is.

This season will show us truly, where our weak spots are and we can address them next year.

Personally, I think this roster is damn good as is and will surprise people

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Pay the practice squad, keep some for injuries,carry the rest over.

Stop looking to FA'S for the answer and go into the season with what we have.  We are at that point where we need to see what we have amd just how good the coaching is.

This season will show us truly, where our weak spots are and we can address them next year.

Personally, I think this roster is damn good as is and will surprise people

Im very inclined to agree with this.  I also see a plan at many spots, but we wont know if its working out until a bit of the season is played.  I think more likely we dont do anything now and then make a trade during the season to shore up one of the weak spots for a playoff run (trade for sutton if broncos are struggling this year for example, josh uche if the patriots starting making big mistakes with new leadership)

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Agree 1

I am hanging on to this for part of the year and maybe make a signing/trade down the road if we are in contention and injuries don't bite us. 

Edited by JP51

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The NFLPA Cap numbers are always higher for every team compared to Spotrac and OTC.

Not sure what they leave out compared to the others.

Spotrac has the Bills at $8.09M and OTC has them at $10.1M.  The big difference between Spotrac and OTC is that Spotrac

counts all of this year's prorated signing bonus against the cap for all players over the Top 51 and OTC does not.

Spotrac also counts all of Travis Claytons "Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission List Cap" against the cap and OTC does not.

FWIW.

Somebody posted that once the season is over that the Bills are projected to be $53M under the cap. Is that accurate?