Climate Change

31 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Let them keep their head shoved up their ass about it. That is where they keep it for everything else. ***** them!

Oh, like you do every time you wake up in the morning.

• Like (+1) 1

Let’s say that, hypothetically, humans DON’T have any effect on the climate. 

The effects are still very real. Should we not be investing in infrastructure to mitigate the dangerous effects of extreme weather on people?

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The effects are still very real. Should we not be investing in infrastructure to mitigate the dangerous effects of extreme weather on people?

Yes

How?

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How?

- Green infrastructure such as permeable pavement, green roofs, and insulated windows 

- parks and open space designed for flooding 

- cooling centers for extreme heat events 

- trees and native species in pollinator gardens and bioswales 

- shaded walkways and parking lots 

- bike/multi modal infrastructure 

• Haha (+1) 2

Holy moly.

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

- Green infrastructure such as permeable pavement, green roofs, and insulated windows 

- parks and open space designed for flooding 

- cooling centers for extreme heat events 

- trees and native species in pollinator gardens and bioswales 

- shaded walkways and parking lots 

- bike/multi modal infrastructure 

Go look up the Younger Dryas.  Educate yourself on the planet and climate.  Do your part, stop breathing!!

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Go look up the Younger Dryas.  Educate yourself on the planet and climate.  Do your part, stop breathing!!

This dope thinks that there will be technology in place to stop a hurricane in its tracks. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

So let me get this straight. If I give this waitress more of my tax money she's going to change the climate on planet Earth?

Laugh Lol GIF by GIPHY News

She should stick to wet t-shirt contests.  I'd date her...for a night..

• Haha (+1) 2

Not really surprised that I can’t get any mentally coherent responses to what I posted l, but that’s what happens when you have people that believe in conservatism I guess.

Hopefully the next mega hurricane washes Desantis away.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This dope thinks that there will be technology in place to stop a hurricane in its tracks. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s not what I said but alright.

Edited by Roundybout

Just now, Roundybout said:

Not really surprised that I can’t get any mentally coherent responses to what I posted l, but that’s what happens when you have people that believe in conservatism I guess.

No, that's what happens when you say something that is completely wrong and borders on insanity without using any logic at all.  People laugh at you for being so completely wrong and out of touch with reality.

Just now, phypon said:

No, that's what happens when you say something that is completely wrong and borders on insanity without using any logic at all.  People laugh at you for being so completely wrong and out of touch with reality.

What, specifically, was wrong about what I posted? They are all mitigation factors to dealing with hotter, wetter weather. 

I’ll wait.

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Hopefully the next mega hurricane washes Desantis away.

Every doomsday prediction over the last 50 years has been an absolute joke, you believe Miami will be sinking into the ocean (but that’s just you), and it’s everyone else that’s incoherent? 

Just now, Roundybout said:

What, specifically, was wrong about what I posted? They are all mitigation factors to dealing with hotter, wetter weather. 

I’ll wait.

See two posts above.  First it's cooling (in the 80's it was the next ice age), then it's warming (see 90's), now it's what??  Look up scientific studies with the effect of carbon dioxide levels that are actually fine right now and if they go too low it will kill us.  You want to lower them, do some research.  Also, if you want to be on the climate change plane, tell your advocates to stop flying non-commercial and to talk to Chyna!  Put your money where your mouth is, I'll wait....

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’ll wait.

To your credit, there is nothing wrong with what you posted. You make it sound like none of that is happening though. It’s happening in every metropolitan area in America. The hilariously named “Inflation Reduction Act” is believed to be the greatest climate change panacea ever delivered to the people. What more are you looking for at this point?