If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

Probably Lee Evans with his 4.3 speed and decent hands.

Perhaps James Lofton in his prime would have been hard to pass up.

Evans would be that piece that could take the top off a defense and would force more defenses to double him. Plenty of great receivers the Bills have had, but I took the question to mean what past receiver that I think would work best for Allen today as a complimentary piece to the WR room I think they will have this season.

Edited by WideNine

Lofton or Moulds for me. 

Lofton was a top-notch, dependable WR. Everything you want in a WR plus an incredible athlete and seemingly great teammate and person. 

Moulds is also an obvious choice, because he was great for years with no real QB. Imagine if he had Allen... 

On 6/23/2024 at 3:22 PM, Beck Water said:

I would go with Eric Moulds.  He put up numbers with Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, and Drew Bledsoe throwing to him.

I think with Allen he would be on fire.

I think we just drafted Eric Moulds 

• Like (+1) 1

Lofton, hands down. I wonder about some of those old timers, though. I remember Briscoe - Lewis. Dubenion, Bass, Chandler. I wonder how they would have fared with today's reciever-friendly rules. It's like they were playing with one hand tied behind their back. Crackback blocks, clothesline tackles, headslaps, etc. It's such a different game today.

On 6/23/2024 at 3:19 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously in their prime.

I mean the easy answer would seem to be to just go with Reed or Lofton since they're HOFers.

Never saw any WRs before those 2 so don't know about guys like Jerry Butler.

I would want to consider skillsets and how they fit with what Allen likes in his WRs. I don't really think Moulds would have been the ideal fit. Peerless Price was a flash in the pan but for the very brief stint he was at his peak he might have been that ideal deep threat with size and speed we've been looking for.

I would go with Stevie Johnson. His unique ability to separate and get open is similar to what Beasley was in his prime and I think Stevie would have been even better and more versatile in that role with the ability to go inside or outside.

Reed and Moulds.

On 6/29/2024 at 2:37 PM, Billzgobowlin said:

Part of me wonders what Don Beebe in current NFL would have looked like.  Speed and smarts

Outside of the 91' Steelers gave, they greatly under/ misused him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.