If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Terrell Owens

Though if I had to pick a long-term Bill, it'd be Andre Reed.

I was tempted to say Moulds, but Reed was fantastic at getting YAC, and was just tough as nails for a WR. We need that.

Reed was great in the clutch, going over the middle, yards after catch, and was not a diva! Not bad for a 6th round pick from Kutztown, Pennsylvania; his HOF speech says it all!

47 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Reed was great in the clutch, going over the middle, yards after catch, and was not a diva! Not bad for a 6th round pick from Kutztown, Pennsylvania; his HOF speech says it all!

I thought he was 4th round.

I wish all of us here were old farts like me and had seen all the players that wore the Bills uniform.   We had a lot of excellent WRs over the years.  Earlier I said Jerry Butler would be top of my list.  But back in the AFL days you had Duby and Glenn Bass; Bass was a really solid player.  In the 70’s JD Hill was solid, great blocker as well.  Ahmad Rashad did really well for us.  Bobby Chandler was great on sideline routes.  Frank Lewis was another really solid WR for us.

Then in the Super Bowl era you of course had Reed and Lofton, but I think Beene matched up with Josh would be very interesting.  After that era Moulds was terrific; I’d put him and Reed right behind Butler as guys to put with Josh.  Stevie Johnson would be fun to see on the field with Josh.  Some mention TO but he had a very short stay so I haven’t listed him.   

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Roscoe couldn’t be covered in practice. It was ridiculous. Idk what happened during games but I’d be curious to see how he was with a good qb. 

Didn’t go through all the posts to see if he was mentioned but to add someone different I’d go Emmanuel Sanders. 

Absolutely, Parrish was an enigma. Had all the talent and ability to be a game breaker like he was at Miami but just couldn't get it to click in meaningful games.

Sanders would have been great to watch with Allen during his prime. Just having that deep threat

Easy - Moulds ! Put his production on this team with what Josh could do for it he may have been the best all time Bills receiver with Josh throwing to him & possibly another Bills HOF player - OMG !

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I'm going with Don Beebe. 

Deep threat and good possession receiver, overshadowed by Andre Reed and James Lofton!

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I wish all of us here were old farts like me and had seen all the players that wore the Bills uniform.   We had a lot of excellent WRs over the years.  Earlier I said Jerry Butler would be top of my list.  But back in the AFL days you had Duby and Glenn Bass; Bass was a really solid player.  In the 70’s JD Hill was solid, great blocker as well.  Ahmad Rashad did really well for us.  Bobby Chandler was great on sideline routes.  Frank Lewis was another really solid WR for us.

Then in the Super Bowl era you of course had Reed and Lofton, but I think Beene matched up with Josh would be very interesting.  After that era Moulds was terrific; I’d put him and Reed right behind Butler as guys to put with Josh.  Stevie Johnson would be fun to see on the field with Josh.  Some mention TO but he had a very short stay so I haven’t listed him.   

Jerry Butler, injuries hurt him over the years or he would have been a HOF; JD Hill overshadowed by OJ and the ground game, in 1964 Glen Bass and Duby unstoppable! Great post! All great wide receivers!!!

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Frank Lewis, unsung hero and vastly underrated!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2024 at 6:31 PM, Gregg said:

Lots of great choices in this thread. I will add Stevie Johnson. He was the one receiver who gave Revis Island the most trouble.

and then bailed him out with his drops.

10 hours ago, Monty98 said:

Absolutely, Parrish was an enigma. Had all the talent and ability to be a game breaker like he was at Miami but just couldn't get it to click in meaningful games.

Sanders would have been great to watch with Allen during his prime. Just having that deep threat

Parrish didn't have a good QB to throw to (just like Evans)

15 hours ago, ganesh said:

and then bailed him out with his drops.

Parrish didn't have a good QB to throw to (just like Evans)

That's what we mean...would have been nice to see Parrish with Allen and vice versa...

On 6/25/2024 at 2:41 PM, DCofNC said:

You got a Time Machine?  I’ll go back to 2018 and take you up on that.

The OP said “in his prime”, not “his best year as a Bill”, so I disagree on the semantics.  The fact this team has had 3 HOF WRs and a couple others that had the talent to get there but turd burglars throwing them the ball is amazing when you think about it.  Is pretty amazing.

This team has had, T.O., Reed, Lofton, Boldin, ampules, Stevie, Lee Evans, Diggs, etc it’s pretty wild.

You do you, but that interpretation trivializes the question for me. TO is arguably a top 5-10 WR of all time. Him in his SF prime is a no-brainer. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:21 AM, amprov56 said:

Deep threat and good possession receiver, overshadowed by Andre Reed and James Lofton!

Jerry Butler, injuries hurt him over the years or he would have been a HOF; JD Hill overshadowed by OJ and the ground game, in 1964 Glen Bass and Duby unstoppable! Great post! All great wide receivers!!!

100% agree !! Jerry Butler was a bad man & his career was basically robbed from him due to injury ! He was definitely a favorite of mine for sure !! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2024 at 4:03 PM, transient said:

In his prime... Terrell Owens.

Or Moulds... or Lofton... or Reed in no particular order.

Honorable mention to Lee Evans. Always curious what he could have done with a NFL caliber QB throwing to him.

Stevie was fine, but I'm tired of watching receivers drop passes (before anyone tries to call me out on TO, he made enough wow plays in his prime to more than make up for his oopsies). 

we already know what Evans was with a NFL caliber QB. Losman was it for long ball only, as good as any in that part, and that's all Evans could do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.