If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

7 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Believe he is still living in Buffalo 

Really.

That is nice

11 hours ago, BontitaBills said:

Chris Burkett

He and Andre were drafted in the same draft.

I thought they would make a great duel threat.

Hated to see him traded to the Jets.

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:16 PM, ChattanoogaBills said:

I can't think of any receiver we have had like Moulds for josh...

But my opinion of Moulds is he was all world and neck and neck with Randy Moss as the best deep threat in both their prime.... that's with flutie throwing to him led the nfl in yards per catch like 20 something yards a catch for the season.

My vote is for 1 Eric Moulds (All World)... 2 Lee Evans(elite speed)... 

3 Peerless Price(speed)... 4 Bill Brooks(clutch plays)... 5 Andre Reed(yac machine)...

I know Andre is HOF.... but I would have loved to see Moulds play with Kelly in his prime, I just wonder what that woulda looked like. 

How about Bruce Smith... put a HOF player on D, let him reek havoc and get Josh the ball back in good field position... wonder if that is not as big of a help as anyone you could put on Offense.... 

On 6/23/2024 at 4:47 PM, Gambit said:

I honestly believe if Moulds had Allen throwing to him, he'd have been our best WR we've ever had. And yes, I'm including Reed. 

I believe this too... or even Kelly.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I know Andre is HOF.... but I would have loved to see Moulds play with Kelly in his prime, I just wonder what that woulda looked like. 

How about Bruce Smith... put a HOF player on D, let him reek havoc and get Josh the ball back in good field position... wonder if that is not as big of a help as anyone you could put on Offense.... 

Moulds missed the Buffalo offense in its prime, Thurmon Thomas and the big, fast, and physical offense line. No telling what Moulds would have done!

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Moulds missed the Buffalo offense in its prime, Thurmon Thomas and the big, fast, and physical offense line. No telling what Moulds would have done!

amen to this

1. IMO “in his prime” can only mean “his prime as a Bill”. The TO we watched was good, but not at HOF level. To a lesser extent, same thing applies to Lofton.
2. I actually think Stevie would be a bad fit for Josh. He and Fitz worked great because it was a timing based offense and Fitz was throwing to a spot. Stevie would put on whatever moves he needed, but ultimately get to that spot at the right time. But Josh prefers to hold on to the ball and try to look for a big play. I’m just not seeing it. 
3. Lofton is very intriguing. Best deep out route runner in the NFL when he was with us. Allen’s arm strength makes him one of the best deep out throwers in the league. 
4. Andre Reed is at his best in the slot, which isn’t where we need help the most right now. But he was absolutely incredible, and he’d IMO be quite a bit more destructive now with the increased focus on player safety. In his day, slot receiver was a much more high-risk job than it is today. 
5. Moulds was the first guy who popped in my head. Big, physical, POWERFUL, and fast enough. Flutie made a living off of hucking it up to Moulds almost every time Moulds was single covered. And it usually worked out. I think Keon Coleman’s best highlight reel reps remind me of Moulds somewhat. 
6. Lee Evans is the other guy in my fan lifetime who needs mentioning. I think he would thrive with Allen, but at the end of the day I think I’d prefer the contested catch guy who’s fast enough (Moulds) over the true burner in Evans. 

Final thought: we’ve talked about playoff performance mattering, and many have pointed out Diggs’ tepid playoff numbers. Look up Moulds’ performance in the Dolphins playoff game in the 1998 season. From memory, I think it was about 240 yards and a couple TDs, and nearly a game-winning catch. (IIRC he was stopped on about the 5, leading to another brutal playoff loss.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, amprov56 said:

Woookay, call me when TO gets inducted into the HOF, I buy you a beer at his ceremony!

You got a Time Machine?  I’ll go back to 2018 and take you up on that.

3 hours ago, Cash said:

1. IMO “in his prime” can only mean “his prime as a Bill”. The TO we watched was good, but not at HOF level. To a lesser extent, same thing applies to Lofton.
2. I actually think Stevie would be a bad fit for Josh. He and Fitz worked great because it was a timing based offense and Fitz was throwing to a spot. Stevie would put on whatever moves he needed, but ultimately get to that spot at the right time. But Josh prefers to hold on to the ball and try to look for a big play. I’m just not seeing it. 
3. Lofton is very intriguing. Best deep out route runner in the NFL when he was with us. Allen’s arm strength makes him one of the best deep out throwers in the league. 
4. Andre Reed is at his best in the slot, which isn’t where we need help the most right now. But he was absolutely incredible, and he’d IMO be quite a bit more destructive now with the increased focus on player safety. In his day, slot receiver was a much more high-risk job than it is today. 
5. Moulds was the first guy who popped in my head. Big, physical, POWERFUL, and fast enough. Flutie made a living off of hucking it up to Moulds almost every time Moulds was single covered. And it usually worked out. I think Keon Coleman’s best highlight reel reps remind me of Moulds somewhat. 
6. Lee Evans is the other guy in my fan lifetime who needs mentioning. I think he would thrive with Allen, but at the end of the day I think I’d prefer the contested catch guy who’s fast enough (Moulds) over the true burner in Evans. 

Final thought: we’ve talked about playoff performance mattering, and many have pointed out Diggs’ tepid playoff numbers. Look up Moulds’ performance in the Dolphins playoff game in the 1998 season. From memory, I think it was about 240 yards and a couple TDs, and nearly a game-winning catch. (IIRC he was stopped on about the 5, leading to another brutal playoff loss.)

The OP said “in his prime”, not “his best year as a Bill”, so I disagree on the semantics.  The fact this team has had 3 HOF WRs and a couple others that had the talent to get there but turd burglars throwing them the ball is amazing when you think about it.  Is pretty amazing.

This team has had, T.O., Reed, Lofton, Boldin, ampules, Stevie, Lee Evans, Diggs, etc it’s pretty wild.

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:59 PM, Monty98 said:

Weirdly I'd love to see Roscoe Parrish with Allen. Give him the deep threat and quick make guys miss underneath and intermediate guy. But the answer for me is Moulds, big physical guy for Allen to use and know he can trust him in the red zone. 

Roscoe couldn’t be covered in practice. It was ridiculous. Idk what happened during games but I’d be curious to see how he was with a good qb. 

Didn’t go through all the posts to see if he was mentioned but to add someone different I’d go Emmanuel Sanders. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You got a Time Machine?  I’ll go back to 2018 and take you up on that.

The OP said “in his prime”, not “his best year as a Bill”, so I disagree on the semantics.  The fact this team has had 3 HOF WRs and a couple others that had the talent to get there but turd burglars throwing them the ball is amazing when you think about it.  Is pretty amazing.

This team has had, T.O., Reed, Lofton, Boldin, ampules, Stevie, Lee Evans, Diggs, etc it’s pretty wild.

I humbly stand corrected and if given the opportunity will buy you two beers and a shot of your choice!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

I humbly stand corrected and if given the opportunity will buy you two beers and a shot of your choice!

Good man!  I’ll be at the Miami game, in Miami this year, outside of that, you’ll have to drink those on my behalf.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

Good man!  I’ll be at the Miami game, in Miami this year, outside of that, you’ll have to drink those on my behalf.  Go Bills!

I will drink them to you and TO!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Terrell Owens

Though if I had to pick a long-term Bill, it'd be Andre Reed.

I was tempted to say Moulds, but Reed was fantastic at getting YAC, and was just tough as nails for a WR. We need that.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Cash said:

Agree with you totally on Stevie. Contrary to the OP I don't think he is a fit for Josh. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.