If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I'll go with Elbert Dubinion.

Shout out to Marlin Briscoe.

Elbert Dubinion deserves a mention.  For those who aren't old enough to remember, "Golden Wheels" had Jack Kemp throwing to him.  Kemp was a good leader and a good guy but I be hard-pressed to call him a good quarterback.  In Dubenion's best year, Kemp only completed 44% of his passes.  Even by the standards of the day, that was lousy.  Kemp ball placement wasn't very precise though he could usually get it somewhere vaguely near a receiver.  

Yet in 1964, Dubenion came down with 42 receptions and 10 TDs for 1,139 yards in 13 games.  He averaged 87 yards per game and 27 yards per catch.   With Jack Where-the-Ball-Goes-Nobody-Knows Kemp as his quarterback.    

Imagine that talent combined with a QB like Josh.  

• Like (+1) 3

T.O.  No questions asked.  He’s one of the best to ever play the game, a true Alpha, EXACTLY what this team needs.  He’s a bigger, better Diggs.  He would have been disgusting on this team w Allen.

52 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

This may not be fair but the first three things I think about when Beebe is mentioned are speed, drops, and chasing down Leon Lett. 

I like the speed.  I like the effort.  But the 'drops' part keeps him off my list.  

I agree that it would be awesome to pair Lofton with Allen.  

Perhaps my recollection is off, but I can't remember many major drops from the Beebs.

42 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

T.O.  No questions asked.  He’s one of the best to ever play the game, a true Alpha, EXACTLY what this team needs.  He’s a bigger, better Diggs.  He would have been disgusting on this team w Allen.

Not even close to Andre Reed

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Not even close to Andre Reed

The only people in the world that would agree are Bills fans who only watched football in the Kelly era.  Reed, while great in his own right, doesn’t belong in the same breath as Owens.

57 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

No doubt the talent was there.  But although he behaved well in his short time with us, I'd worry about the drama.  

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The only people in the world that would agree are Bills fans who only watched football in the Kelly era.  Reed, while great in his own right, doesn’t belong in the same breath as Owens.

Woookay, call me when TO gets inducted into the HOF, I buy you a beer at his ceremony!

• Eyeroll 2

51 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Perhaps my recollection is off, but I can't remember many major drops from the Beebs.

Maybe I'm the one with poor recall, but I thought he had a couple of big drops in Super Bowls.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

What, no love for Lou Piccone? 

Serious answer? Lofton in his prime. One of the greatest all around athletes to ever play the position. 

After that, it would be Butler, Reed, and Moulds in that order. 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I remember Andre's drops more, but hey, tomayto, tomahto....

I cant even take this post seriously, HOF!!!!! My memory of Andre is fine and while I'm sure, like any great receiver he had some drops, HOF!

35 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

I cant even take this post seriously, HOF!!!!! My memory of Andre is fine and while I'm sure, like any great receiver he had some drops, HOF!

3rd and 1, SB XXV, drive after the safety.  SB XXVI, gets drilled near the Skins goal line, slams helmet down, 15 yard UC penalty.  I love Andre, but these plays were significant reasons that we don't have a Lombardi.  That's all I'll say about this, don't want to hijack the thread.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

23 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously in their prime.

I mean the easy answer would seem to be to just go with Reed or Lofton since they're HOFers.

Never saw any WRs before those 2 so don't know about guys like Jerry Butler.

I would want to consider skillsets and how they fit with what Allen likes in his WRs. I don't really think Moulds would have been the ideal fit. Peerless Price was a flash in the pan but for the very brief stint he was at his peak he might have been that ideal deep threat with size and speed we've been looking for.

I would go with Stevie Johnson. His unique ability to separate and get open is similar to what Beasley was in his prime and I think Stevie would have been even better and more versatile in that role with the ability to go inside or outside.

Andre Reed or Moulds

15 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

3rd and 1, SB XXV, drive after the safety.  SB XXVI, gets drilled near the Skins goal line, slams helmet down, 15 yard UC penalty.  I love Andre, but these plays were significant reasons that we don't have a Lombardi.  That's all I'll say about this, don't want to hijack the thread.

I remember that play but Myron Guyton placed a hell of a hit and made a great defensive play - not the reason we did not win a SB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.