If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously in their prime.

I mean the easy answer would seem to be to just go with Reed or Lofton since they're HOFers.

Never saw any WRs before those 2 so don't know about guys like Jerry Butler.

I would want to consider skillsets and how they fit with what Allen likes in his WRs. I don't really think Moulds would have been the ideal fit. Peerless Price was a flash in the pan but for the very brief stint he was at his peak he might have been that ideal deep threat with size and speed we've been looking for.

I would go with Stevie Johnson. His unique ability to separate and get open is similar to what Beasley was in his prime and I think Stevie would have been even better and more versatile in that role with the ability to go inside or outside.

Andre Reed without exception. There wouldn't have been stretches of him not getting targeted like there was with Kelly (mostly due to a guy named Thomas).

13 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Another vote for Moulds here, and I like Andre better

Andre Reed the GOAT for the Bills and I would take Moulds too; both over any current or previous including Diigs!

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If you go by their all time prime regardless of when they played with the Bills, then...

Owens

Lofton

Moulds

Reed

Butler

Evans

None compare to Reed, BTW, a HOFer!

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

Bob Chandler 

Had to do it.  😉

Very true, put him right up there with Reed and Moulds.

16 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Frank Lewis

Forgot about him, take him in a second!

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

In order:

Jerry Butler

Andre Reed

Eric Moulds

Ahmad Rashad

Bobby Chandler

Elbert Dubenion

Would put Reed on the top, and while I love Duby would replace with Frank Lewis! My deceased family members are screaming heresy over my removal of Duby!

Andre Reed or Eric Moulds

and for fun Brad Lamb so we could see if he could turn a super fast white dude into anything more than a footnote.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

With Josh it would be in order Moulds, Thurman, and then Reed. I think that those 3 would allow him to have the greatest year any QB has ever had. 

If Allen had Thurman, then the Bills offense would be unstoppable. Kelly said many times that Thurman was the heart and soul of their offense. When Thurman was having a good game which was most of the time then that opened everything else up for the Bills offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If Allen had Thurman, then the Bills offense would be unstoppable. Kelly said many times that Thurman was the heart and soul of their offense. When Thurman was having a good game which was most of the time then that opened everything else up for the Bills offense.

My comment is based on the fact that the league is not the same as 1990s, but I do see him being our McCaffery and just as effective

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Beat me to it again bro'.  Lofton would be amazing with Josh.  Honorable mention to the Beebs.

This may not be fair but the first three things I think about when Beebe is mentioned are speed, drops, and chasing down Leon Lett. 

I like the speed.  I like the effort.  But the 'drops' part keeps him off my list.  

I agree that it would be awesome to pair Lofton with Allen.  

16 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I can't think of any receiver we have had like Moulds for josh...

But my opinion of Moulds is he was all world and neck and neck with Randy Moss as the best deep threat in both their prime.... that's with flutie throwing to him led the nfl in yards per catch like 20 something yards a catch for the season.

My vote is for 1 Eric Moulds (All World)... 2 Lee Evans(elite speed)... 

3 Peerless Price(speed)... 4 Bill Brooks(clutch plays)... 5 Andre Reed(yac machine)...

I know Andre is HOF.... but I would have loved to see Moulds play with Kelly in his prime, I just wonder what that woulda looked like. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.