If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Watching old Bills games from the 90s (too young to experience those years) Lofton was a beast. I never realized he was number 1 all time in reception yards at one point. Shoutout to Beebe to who made some tough deep catches down the side line and I think could take advantage of Allen’s arm strength. 

When I was a kid in the 90s just starting to get into football, I loved Lofton. I knew who he was before I knew who Andre Reed was because I collected cards and was more focused on the stats.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's really only 2 choices.  I'd pick Moulds over Reed simply because of Eric's size and style would mesh perfectly with 17.

In the prime of their careers Owens was better than both and it wasn't particularly close.

• Agree 1

Neck n neck.. Eric Moulds, Andre Reed, Jerry Butler and Lee Evans in no particular order. All were amazing but Moulds combined power, speed and finesse at a slightly higher level than the others. ... They were all a gas to watch!!

Edited by Kornfed

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Never watched him.

What were his strengths?

Butler combined speed and body control at an amazing level. .. In his rookie year (1979) he had a 250 yd game against the Jets. I was luckily there. (cool) .. Unfortunately, he destroyed his knee catching a TD against the Phins in 83 and was never the same. .... 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

In the prime of their careers Owens was better than both and it wasn't particularly close.

Like others have said, TO was a 1 year rental.  I don't even consider him an ex-Bill.  He doesn't have enough at bats to qualify in my book.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Like others have said, TO was a 1 year rental.  I don't even consider him an ex-Bill.  He doesn't have enough at bats to qualify in my book.

I was just going with the parameters of the question.  He played a season for the Bills so he is an ex-Bill's WR.  If I had to choose an ex WR who played for the Bills in his prime then it would be a more interesting debate between Reed and Moulds.  I'd go with Moulds because we already have two WR's with good RAC ability (Samuel, Shakir) and he'd be the perfect outside WR who can stretch the field. Opens up the middle for Kincaid, Knox, Shakir, Samuel, etc... I'm pry a homer with this take but Coleman has a similar body type and skill set to Moulds.  If he could come anywhere close to developing into the player Moulds was it would be a homerun pick.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I was just going with the parameters of the question.  He played a season for the Bills so he is an ex-Bill's WR.  If I had to choose an ex WR who played for the Bills in his prime then it would be a more interesting debate between Reed and Moulds.  I'd go with Moulds because we already have two WR's with good RAC ability (Samuel, Shakir) and he'd be the perfect outside WR who can stretch the field. Opens up the middle for Kincaid, Knox, Shakir, Samuel, etc... I'm pry a homer with this take but Coleman has a similar body type and skill set to Moulds.  If he could come anywhere close to developing into the player Moulds was it would be a homerun pick.

As I said on page 2 in this thread, I completely agree with you on your Coleman take.

My only issue is that Moulds and Coleman aren't the WR types Allen has thrived with so far in his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.