If you could take ANY former Bills WR (not Diggs) and give him to Allen, who would it be?

Obviously in their prime.

I mean the easy answer would seem to be to just go with Reed or Lofton since they're HOFers.

Never saw any WRs before those 2 so don't know about guys like Jerry Butler.

I would want to consider skillsets and how they fit with what Allen likes in his WRs. I don't really think Moulds would have been the ideal fit. Peerless Price was a flash in the pan but for the very brief stint he was at his peak he might have been that ideal deep threat with size and speed we've been looking for.

I would go with Stevie Johnson. His unique ability to separate and get open is similar to what Beasley was in his prime and I think Stevie would have been even better and more versatile in that role with the ability to go inside or outside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I mean the easy answer would seem to be to just go with Reed or Lofton since they're HOFers.

I would want to consider skillsets and how they fit with what Allen likes in his WRs. I don't really think Moulds would have been the ideal fit. Peerless Price was a flash in the pan but for the very brief stint he was at his peak he might have been that ideal deep threat with size and speed we've been looking for.

I would go with Stevie Johnson. His unique ability to separate and get open is similar to what Beasley was in his prime and I think Stevie would have been even better and more versatile in that role with the ability to go inside or outside.

I would go with Eric Moulds.  He put up numbers with Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, and Drew Bledsoe throwing to him.

I think with Allen he would be on fire.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I would go with Eric Moulds.  He put up numbers with Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, and Drew Bledsoe throwing to him.

I think with Allen he would be on fire.

I just don't think Moulds is the type of WR Allen loves throwing to. 

Love Moulds though.

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Stevie is who I thought of before even opening your thread.

He did have his share of drops and fumbles that aggravated me to no end at the time but yeah that would be like the most fun combo I can think of to watch rock and roll 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Love Moulds though.

Why?  Big, strong, great hands, decent route runner.  Could go deep.  Moulds was really good. He’d be my pick. 

But I’d also consider Thurman for his pass catching abilities too. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

In his prime... Terrell Owens.

Or Moulds... or Lofton... or Reed in no particular order.

Honorable mention to Lee Evans. Always curious what he could have done with a NFL caliber QB throwing to him.

Stevie was fine, but I'm tired of watching receivers drop passes (before anyone tries to call me out on TO, he made enough wow plays in his prime to more than make up for his oopsies). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s funny, I obviously remember Moulds but he played in my media blind spot. He played during that time where I was gone from WNY and we were just starting to have the ability to follow a team from out of market. I wish I had seen more. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

In his prime... Terrell Owens.

Or Moulds... or Lofton... or Reed in no particular order.

Honorable mention to Lee Evans. Always curious what he could have done with a NFL caliber QB throwing to him.

Stevie was fine, but I'm tired of watching receivers drop passes (before anyone tries to call me out on TO, he made enough wow plays in his prime to more than make up for his oopsies). 

Gonna be honest... totally forgot about TO.

I think I'd probably go TO in his prime over Stevie if I'm strictly thinking about skillset.

Really hard for me to look past his diva attitude and the relationships he had with his QBs in SF and PHI though.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Love Moulds though.

I can't think of any receiver we have had like Moulds for josh...

But my opinion of Moulds is he was all world and neck and neck with Randy Moss as the best deep threat in both their prime.... that's with flutie throwing to him led the nfl in yards per catch like 20 something yards a catch for the season.

My vote is for 1 Eric Moulds (All World)... 2 Lee Evans(elite speed)... 

3 Peerless Price(speed)... 4 Bill Brooks(clutch plays)... 5 Andre Reed(yac machine)...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gonna be honest... totally forgot about TO.

I think I'd probably go TO in his prime over Stevie if I'm strictly thinking about skillset.

Really hard for me to look past his diva attitude and the relationships he had with his QBs in SF and PHI though.

Yeah I gotta second this- TO is loyal as hell too

image.png.f2780933e9ac6ab9315a438fa54dfb6e.png

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.