Jessica Pegula Wins Berlin Open

I'm guessing this is why she doesn't seem to be involved much with the Bills, despite some previous stories.  She's got something else going on.  Won the Berlin Open today.  Top Ten in the world for 100 weeks.  Currently ranked #5.  Representing the USA in the upcoming Olympics.

• Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

Good for her. She has worked really hard to get where she's at now. I don't think she will ever really have much of a hand in the Bills, which is why Mr. Pegula transferred a stake to the other daughter. 

• Agree 1

Awesome news! I hated that she had to miss the French Open, but I’m glad she’s well again! 

If she wants to become more involved with the Bills, that opportunity will come soon enough. She’s on the back nine of her tennis career, unfortunately, but it’s been a great one! So much for all the people who think it’s just a little rich girl’s hobby. She is a world class athlete, period. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Looking forward to her owning the Bills when she retires from competitive tennis. Hoping she wants to take an ownership role. 

Why? that’s not a dig at her, I just don’t know anything about her other than she’s good at tennis. 

44 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Why? that’s not a dig at her, I just don’t know anything about her other than she’s good at tennis. 

She's driven, competitive, and bright. Those are all excellent qualities that should transfer.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

She's driven, competitive, and bright. Those are all excellent qualities that should transfer.

Then I’m a candidate too beeotch. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

I don't know if she'd be a good owner or not.  But after reading the article she wrote about her mom, as well as some of her interviews, she comes across as a bright woman whose ego is in check and whose heart is in the right place.  

I don't know anything about her sister (half-sister?) who may possibly be better for the role.  

What I don't want is a John Y. Brown type owning the Bills and Jessica seems opposite of that.  For those who may not know, Brown was the traitorous final owner of the Buffalo Braves and the reason Buffalo doesn't have an NBA team anymore.  

Good on her !!

I watched that match this morning. She had to finish off yesterday’s match and beat her friend and doubles partner, Coco Gauff  (ranked #2 in the world). She had 20 minutes to get ready for the final. She fought off 5 match points to win in the final set tie-breaker. Gritty performance! She could make a run at Wimbledon next but she’s a long shot at 30-1.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BisonMan said:

I watched that match this morning. She had to finish off yesterday’s match and beat her friend and doubles partner, Coco Gauff  (ranked #2 in the world). She had 20 minutes to get ready for the final. She fought off 5 match points to win in the final set tie-breaker. Gritty performance! She could make a run at Wimbledon next but she’s a long shot at 30-1.

I’m sorry I missed that. They might be the most likable doubles team ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know that Jessica was the teenage prodigy that some tennis players are.  She's top five because she has put in the work and has the determination to make herself better.   There is much to admire about her.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Looking forward to her owning the Bills when she retires from competitive tennis. Hoping she wants to take an ownership role. 

I think that Laura has taken on the roll representing the Bills and Sabres, Jessica might be 2nd in line

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure how likely or possible that is.  The  inheritance tax is very restrictive. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I think that Laura has taken on the roll representing the Bills and Sabres, Jessica might be 2nd in line

With the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Kim combined with Jessica's tennis career, it's likely that bringing Laura in now was, at least in part, out of necessity.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transient said:

With the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Kim combined with Jessica's tennis career, it's likely that bringing Laura in now was, at least in part, out of necessity.

I agree with that. Is she the oldest?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.