I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

39 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That would support we built a worse version of the 2015 Panthers.

They also over invested at RB and belatedly drafted an end-of-the-first-round wideout

The similarities on offense are there

• Agree 1

On 8/12/2024 at 7:16 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Well some coaches can actually create synergy.   Daboll is not one of them.

Counting last season with NY his offenses have finished 29th or worst in scoring 5 times in 10 seasons.

And those offenses have finished in the top half of the league in yardage only TWICE.  Two for Ten.  And he needed a HOF quality talent at QB in Josh Allen to do that.  

He's just not that good, dave.   His failures are not a small sample size,  his successes are. 

Not only that, Daboll was not seen as this amazing, great coordinator when he was here, not by this board, at least. Posters routinely called him out on things and called for him to be fired. Now that he is gone, there seems to be some revisionist history going on. Now he is this amazing coordinator that every Bills fan loved when here? That's just not how it was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

WR injuries have all of a sudden exposed how thin this WR group is.  Except for Shakir and Coleman, competition is wide open now.  We need 4 somebodys to step up and take it.

You forgot Curtis Samuel (if you count him as a WR). He might be the best of the group. Samuel is a playmaker (although not a pure boundary receiver).

The group was never any good. 😂😂 Injuries are terrible. Injuries to a bunch of fringe NFL players aren’t that bad. You just replace them with other fringe NFL players. If Claypool & Hamler get hurt, you replace them with guys like Byrd & Isabella. 

Slap It GIF by getflexseal

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

Joe Marino, on WGR interview, says the Bills may be sniffing around another WR today.  He didn't mention whom it is though??

This is the least surprising development of the offseason. The Bills neglected the position. They let 4 of their top 5 from 2023 go (including a former all-pro). They replaced them by elevating a guy, signing a solid to good offensive weapon and drafted the 8th WR in the draft after 2 trade downs. They followed that by counting on a bunch of busts and role players. Here we are, weeks from the start of the season and we aren’t happy with the group. Color me shocked…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the least surprising development of the offseason. The Bills neglected the position. They let 4 of their top 5 from 2023 go (including a former all-pro). They replaced them by elevating a guy, signing a solid to good offensive weapon and drafted the 8th WR in the draft after 2 trade downs. They followed that by counting on a bunch of busts and role players. Here we are, weeks from the start of the season and we aren’t happy with the group. Color me shocked…

Who could have seen this coming?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So your evidence that we are the 2015 Panthers is because 3 of the 53, you found similarities?  That's 5.6% FYI.

Yeah 4 of 11 starters on offense (and really 4 of 6 non-OL players) is not 5.6% FYI.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have often wondered who in the front office and among the coaching staff knows what a modern offense is and the has some authority to acquire personnel to fit that. 

Some real head-scratchers how they built their WR group, but they've been a day late and a dollar short on WR decisions all off-season.  Started with dealing Diggs 3 weeks after UFA started and continues now.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Joe Marino, on WGR interview, says the Bills may be sniffing around another WR today.  He didn't mention whom it is though??

Let's hope it is someone who can start, outside, in the NFL. Otherwise boy we are gonna see a lot of Mack Hollins and we are not gonna like it. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You forgot Curtis Samuel (if you count him as a WR). He might be the best of the group. Samuel is a playmaker (although not a pure boundary receiver).

The group was never any good. 😂😂 Injuries are terrible. Injuries to a bunch of fringe NFL players aren’t that bad. You just replace them with other fringe NFL players. If Claypool & Hamler get hurt, you replace them with guys like Byrd & Isabella. 

Slap It GIF by getflexseal

I realized after posting that I forgot about Samuel.  Coincidence?  I think not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Listen, the less I see of these guys, the less tangible evidence I have that they will produce, the more I love them and nothing you can say will change that.  We silently got great, end of story.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am tempering my expectations as I have been waiting for a deal since June 2nd but here we are. 

I would be happy with a 2 year vet to give the e WR room an edge. E g. Hopkins but now he is injured 

I sure hope that Beane is looking for an impactful guy and not another scrub like Byrd and Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So your evidence that we are the 2015 Panthers is because 3 of the 53, you found similarities?  That's 5.6% FYI.

How about a run game whose biggest threat is the QB?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Let's hope it is someone who can start, outside, in the NFL. Otherwise boy we are gonna see a lot of Mack Hollins and we are not gonna like it. 

Hollins is one of the least-efficient WRs I have ever watched.  He's Robert Royal but as an outside WR.  If he plays significant snaps, he'll go from preseason fan favorite to mid-season fan whipping boy, is my prediction.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hollins is one of the least-efficient WRs I have ever watched.  He's Robert Royal but as an outside WR.  If he plays significant snaps, he'll go from preseason fan favorite to mid-season fan whipping boy, is my prediction.

You don't even need to make predictions 

These are all known quantities 

The Bills wr group is easily in the bottom 1/3rd of the league talentwise imo.

A top 3 QB in his 7th year and he has garbage wrs and a lousy offensive line; but they draft a new rb high every draft. Because when your offensive line sucks...you get a new running back!

Edited by Turk71

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You guys on here are just miserable.  Is this how you enjoy getting ready for the NFL season?  

This WR group will be fine.  Shakir and Samuel are grease lightning.  Coleman Hollins and Kincaid will all have roles.  And we may keep Shavers and Hamler who is also very fast.  Knox will be a solid red zone target and Morris will make plays as well.  

I am just pumped for another year of NFL and college football.  And hopefully Josh will take us over the top and we get better as the season moves along.  Last Saturday was ugly.  But most of those guys (Gunner Britton, et al) will be gone soon enough.  Watch and/or listen to Colin Cowherd and enjoy football.  It's one of the best things life has to offer..  

And best of all we have Josh Allen.  He is historically great.  Enjoy every snap he takes.. 

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But his special teams play will take them to the SB!🤪

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a strange post to say they neglected the position and then list 4 things they did to address the position.  You may not like what they did but there is no need to mischaracterize the steps they did take.  Shakir was elevated last year starting with the Tampa Bay game and out performed Diggs and Davis in the process, Samuel was a priority as a free agent and got the biggest deal of the offseason and Coleman may have been the 8th taken but he may have been much higher on the Bills draft board which would make the 2 trade downs irrelevant.  Giving a new chance to other "busts" to fill out the bottom of the group and maybe stash on the the practice squad or use on special teams is a smart, lower cost approach.  I recall no advocates here for retaining Hardy, Sherfield or Davis for a $13M AAV cost.

We won't know what this group is until they play real games with QB1 running the show.  This was to be the case regardless of what they did or did not do to overhaul the position.

• Agree 1