I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

12 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I still can’t believe we went into last year with Sherfield and Harty. What were we thinking? 

Did you ever consider they were just trying to piss people off???    

Because it seemed to work. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I still can’t believe we went into last year with Sherfield and Harty. What were we thinking? 

Shame on me.  I hate to admit this because it won't help my credibility but I thought Harty was a better version of Lil' Dirty and Sherfield was going to take some playing time away from Gabe, who I was losing faith in.

We're supposed to get wiser as we get older but that was one of my worst offseason takes ever.  

Homerism is an awful disease.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Depends on how many WRs they keep.  If we're saying Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Hollins and Shavers are the top-5, they could opt to keep a 6th and that could be MVS.  And there's always the PS if he's willing to go there.

If Hollins, and Shavers are above MVS on the depth chart, I can't imagine what kind of value he would have. In a competition for a #6WR, I'd think they'd be looking for someone who a) played ST, b) would be seen as a younger developmental prospect, and c) could fill a more unique role. MVS doesn't offer any of that, and he'd be pretty redundant behind Coleman/Hollins/Shavers. And literally every other WR on the roster offers at least one of a, b, or c.

8 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Still can’t believe the amount of people on this board that thought they’d work out. Still can’t believe this coaching staff had them both playing more then Shakir early on in the season

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

It's even crazier that they got more playing time over Shakir before Brady. Smh 

35 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Still can’t believe the amount of people on this board that thought they’d work out. Still can’t believe this coaching staff had them both playing more then Shakir early on in the season

lol just said this about Shakir.. Unbelievable,  thank God Brady immediately fixed that..

I was actually optimistic about Harty, thought he could've had a John Brown type impact 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Shame on me.  I hate to admit this because it won't help my credibility but I thought Harty was a better version of Lil' Dirty and Sherfield was going to take some playing time away from Gabe, who I was losing faith in.

We're supposed to get wiser as we get older but that was one of my worst offseason takes ever.  

Hopeful -ism is also a burden. I suggest that is your affliction

Could be worser things

18 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Wonder what we'll be saying this time next year...? 🤔

Or midseason 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Noone posting at TBD has all the correct answers. If it were an exact science where would the fun be in discussing and hoping and conjecturing.

You owe Noone an apology of any kind. 

homerism is a disease but for diehards like us there is no cure amigo. Buckle up 🙂 GO BILLS

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Look, if there was an option for a straight up, no salary implication swap of the back end of the current WR group fighting for a spot and a 2020 Stephon Diggs I'd be an idiot not to take it.

But they're not scrubs. A talented WR will be left off the final roster. I might wish it was more top heavy but it's something.

(Coleman is looking like a stud though)

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I wasn’t excited about Sherfield but he looked like a contributor. I was excited about what Harty might do but it didn’t work out and I believe we paid him quite a bit of money 💰 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shakir👀👀

Know he didn't have many targets but still extremely impressive.  Dudes a stud

Shakir's at the top of a few cats.  

11 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I wasn’t excited about Sherfield but he looked like a contributor. I was excited about what Harty might do but it didn’t work out and I believe we paid him quite a bit of money 💰 

I believe that Harty got around 5M.  

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I liked Sherfield. I still can't figure out why he sucked so bad.

Both he and Harty looked much worse in Buffalo than they did in their previous stops. Not sure what happened but it was definitely disappointing. Not that they were going to be world beaters or anything but they definitely underwhelmed.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Both he and Harty looked much worse in Buffalo than they did in their previous stops. Not sure what happened but it was definitely disappointing. Not that they were going to be world beaters or anything but they definitely underwhelmed.

I was inclined to blame Dorsey's scheme and playcalling... but the light didn't turn on for either when Brady took over.  

On 7/29/2024 at 10:17 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Harty never seemed to grasp the offense, and Sherfield never seemed to grasp... the ball.  

4 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I liked Sherfield. I still can't figure out why he sucked so bad.

I felt like he was constantly mugged and they never called anything.  

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs if they don't score TDs against Miami though 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2024 at 8:59 PM, Bills!Win! said:

Beane was thinking that Harty, based on his 2021 NOR season, was an upgrade to McKenzie.   Which, the 2021 version of Harty looked to be.  But the guy looked slower than molasses and I don't think Dorsey understood how to use him effectively (either of them, actually).  

Sherfield was supposed to be the upgrade replacement for Kumerow, an ST guy who can play receiver in a pinch.  On ST, Check.  As a receiver, due to whatever was going on with Diggs, he turned out to be a Big Pinch, location of pinch left as an exercise for the reader.

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Harty may not have recovered from the foot injury that kept him out of 2022 - he did NOT look fast.  Sherfield did what he was signed to do on ST and as a blocking WR, but he was asked to fill a different role in B'lo than Miami, where he was #3 behind #1A Hill and #1B Waddle.  The Bills asked him to substitute for Diggs.  News flash, he couldn't.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:17 PM, hondo in seattle said:

I mean....clearly Beane thought the same thing about Harty vs Lil' Dirty, and he makes the Big Bucks to do those evaluations, so I don't think you should fault yourself much.  I didn't think Sherfield was going to take playing time from Gabe - and I don't think Beane did either - but I believe Beane thought as a backup WR, he'd be an upgrade to Kumerow etc., and that didn't work out.

FWIW I thought the same, because based on film available from 2021 it looked that way for Harty, and looked like Sherfield could actually play as a low-level starter.  Bad takes for 2, please.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shakir👀👀

Know he didn't have many targets but still extremely impressive.  Dudes a stud

I did not know this either !

If true.... this statistic is fairly AMAZING and bragging rites for each of Us

Go Khalil !!

• Like (+1) 1