I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

5 minutes ago, Avisan said:

What?  We're not snipping it because it's a bad game, we're snipping it because it was a great game for the Bills that involved 18 recorded passing plays and 49 recorded rushes.  Including that clear outlier in a small sample size does not provide an accurate picture of what we can expect the passing game to look like with Brady.  It's an outlier among NFL teams generally.

Like, we beat the daylights out of them, and we stuck to the ground because they couldn't stop it.  Using that to then indict our passing volume stats is peak bad faith.

You're doing one thing to one element of the data set and then not doing the same thing to the others.  A lot of teams have games where their run game is working and they don't rely on the pass, yet you keep those games in for them.  What you are doing is not providing an accurate picture.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Just in terms of straight athleticism, how do you think Coleman compares to Davis?

I think Coleman flatlines guys and makes circus catches. He will be better than Davis. He is the type to get into peoples heads. He has that big D energy. 

Edited by Lfod

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Just in terms of straight athleticism, how do you think Coleman compares to Davis?

Oh he is definitely more athletic. Less stiff in his movements. Has more fluidity in his hips. Straight line speed they are comparable (I actually think Keon is a shade faster despite the 40, my view on Coleman has not changed from what it was before the infamous 40) but as an overall athlete Coleman has a definite advantage. 

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

davis is one of the least athletic wideouts ive ever seen

coleman being more athletic than him really isn't saying much

1 hour ago, Mikey152 said:

The number one predictor of production in the NFL at WR is targets.

What's the number one predictor of targets in your view?

1 hour ago, Mikey152 said:

As for OC, if he is top 3 why isn't he a HC?

Because he literally told the Commanders he didn't want the job.

8 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You're doing one thing to one element of the data set and then not doing the same thing to the others.  A lot of teams have games where their run game is working and they don't rely on the pass, yet you keep those games in for them.  What you are doing is not providing an accurate picture.

Okay sure, but it's accurate enough for our purposes here.  Feel free to point out any obvious outlier games from the top 10 teams that would impact rankings here.

6 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I think Coleman flatlines guys and makes circus catches. He will be better than Davis. 

I agree, I think he will. If we still had prime Diggs and this was an upgrade on Gabe at WR2 I'd be pretty optimistic about this group. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

What's the number one predictor of targets in your view?

Because he literally told the Commanders he didn't want the job.

the guy seems to think targets just materialize out of nowhere lol

like the oc just randomly decides to pick some jag and turn him into one of the most productive wideouts in the league becuz targets

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

like the oc just randomly decides to pick some jag and turn him into one of the most productive wideouts in the league becuz targets

There is no way the brightest minds in football could “scheme me open”.  We need guys who can just flat out beat you more often, but I’ll wait and be hopeful. 

On 7/17/2024 at 10:55 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sticking up for the defense.  They have played poorly.

But in a one and done tournament, our offense has not showed up too many times but avoid criticism for some reason.  

To be fair . . . there have been years when the Bills had a poor OL. There have been years when the WR corps was below-average to really bad. Give the offense average to above-average players in both those areas, and yeah, I'd expect to see a heck of a lot more offensive consistency.

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Every discussion of Shakir's targets and yards reminds me of this:

Smart-Select-20240718-174739-Chrome.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

To be fair . . . there have been years when the Bills had a poor OL. There have been years when the WR corps was below-average to really bad. Give the offense average to above-average players in both those areas, and yeah, I'd expect to see a heck of a lot more offensive consistency.

Equally though, 2020 apart, the offense has been considerably more healthy in the post season than the defense. 

Not make excuses for either side. But as I say every time this comes up the reality for why we have failed is a lot more multi-faceted than is sometimes presented.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

So we have a poor offensive line and really bad WR's?  How have we been among the league leaders in scoring?

How have we outscored the Chiefs in the last 5 seasons, when we have had, how you're explaining it, one of the least talented offenses in the league?  

The Chiefs were LOADED with offensive talent and still behind us.

So it's either the players that are better than what you believe or the coaches are better than what many believe.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Equally though, 2020 apart, the offense has been considerably more healthy in the post season than the defense. 

Not make excuses for either side. But as I say every time this comes up the reality for why we have failed is a lot more multi-faceted than is sometimes presented.

Thank you.  I'm getting ripped on here to say the offense hasn't been consistent in the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sort of...

35 receivers had 100+ targets. They played for 27 different teams. 

So either:  Targets are related only to talent and most teams have similar receiver talent or Targets are related to opportunity and #1 WR on bad teams get more targets than #2 receivers on good teams.

Most teams in the NFL will throw 500-600 times this season. Somebody is gonna get those targets, even on teams with bad WR.

Side note...all but two of those WR had less than 800 yards receiving.

Edited by Mikey152

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So we have a poor offensive line and really bad WR's?  How have we been among the league leaders in scoring?

How have we outscored the Chiefs in the last 5 seasons, when we have had, how you're explaining it, one of the least talented offenses in the league?  

The Chiefs were LOADED with offensive talent and still behind us.

So it's either the players that are better than what you believe or the coaches are better than what many believe.

Nope. Not what I said. You have creatively reimagined my post, for the purpose of making it more extreme than what it was.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thank you.  I'm getting ripped on here to say the offense hasn't been consistent in the playoffs.

that's because its a dumb point

for the last time- saying the offense hasnt been consistent in the playoffs is like saying one of the sinks on the titanic has a little leak