I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

16 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Can this thread finally die in the epic fashion it deserves. I mean even the GM by getting a new wr admits the poster was wrong. Poster please lay off the alcohol and copium during the off season. 

#1 worst off season takes of all time

What I don't understand more than anything is the amount of kool-aid that's willing to be drunk when it comes to trusting Beane and McD especially. 

Like anyone who was being rational could see this WR group was lacking but there's this way over-inflated amount of grace and credibility to a regime that has really underperformed with an elite QB. We're a franchise with a top 3 and we've had 3 Divisional Round losses in a row and nothing has improved or progressed since the AFC title game back in 2020. 

If we're being real...a healthy amount of skepticism is what McBeane have really earned here. But instead you get this sentiment of "You're all doomers if you say anything negative about this WR group! You just don't understand the talent and game the way we and McBeane do!"

Being a realist is not being a doomer, that's something that was conflated with this topic and many others here. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/23/2024 at 8:09 AM, JerseyBills said:

Lets just start with the top 5 WRs, Bills just dropped a video yesterday or the day before , so pretty much confirmed our top 5..

Last year                This year

Diggs                       Coleman

Davis                        Samuel

Shakir                       Shakir

Harty                         Hollins

Sherfield                   MVS

There's obviously a huge question mark with Coleman, as with any rookie WR but should be dynamic in this O. 

I'm huge on Shakir, I really think he's going to be a stud this year and eclipse 1k yards. 

Huge fan of Samuel,  he does it all, you can put this guy anywhere, including the backfield and he's explosive and makes plays and that was on a terrible O with terrible QB play. Skys the limit, loved the signing. 

Hollins is interesting but he's an elite run blocker , which Brady has shown,  we're running the ball, bottom line , and not a great year statistically last year but I could see him having his 22 season where he put up 57 rec 690 yards 4 TDs. This was Gabe his first 2 years and this is his replacement for much cheaper. Plus he's a certified leader..

MVS , yes the drops and statistically wasn't great in the regular season but you can argue he's the reason KC won the SB. In our game he had 62 yards, 17 more yards than Kincaid who was our top guy w 45 yards. Would've loved to have him in January last year. Made huge big , long catches. Meanwhile Diggs is dropping wide open TDs which win us that game.. 

And at 6 , Claypool, Hamler, Shorter etc will fight it out 

Bottom line , this is a much deeper WR group. Harty/Sherfield were busts, they were awful. And with Gabe injured vs KC, it showed how weak our depth was. No offense,  but I never want to see Andy Isabella playing in a playoff game and that won't happen again with the depth added. Sherfield/Harty also had no business being out there. 

Obviously Coleman is a huge key to this group and puzzle but I see no reason he can't be the guy we expect him to be. Plus Kincaid year 2. Cook year 3. Upgraded RB room

This is going to be a fun O to watch. Probably the best we've seen with Allen because of WR depth, elite RB/TE and Brady calling plays

*Not to crap on Diggs, I really admire his game and intensity, I have him as my profile picture but the fact that Beane ate 30+ mil and took a future 2, clearly they thought he was just to disruptive in the locker room, as a leader. The Cincy game leaving his teammates,  as a captain, speaks volumes.

McBeane has built this team on family and doing your 1/11th on o and d and Diggs just didn't fit that culture. Good luck but good riddance 

* MOST COMPLETE O IN THE GAME,  EASYYYYYYYY

I'm still cracking up about how wrong your post was.  Every receiver has looked like garbage.  Thank God we traded for a real weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What I don't understand more than anything is the amount of kool-aid that's willing to be drunk when it comes to trusting Beane and McD especially. 

Like anyone who was being rational could see this WR group was lacking but there's this way over-inflated amount of grace and credibility to a regime that has really underperformed with an elite QB. We're a franchise with a top 3 and we've had 3 Divisional Round losses in a row and nothing has improved or progressed since the AFC title game back in 2020. 

If we're being real...a healthy amount of skepticism is what McBeane have really earned here. But instead you get this sentiment of "You're all doomers if you say anything negative about this WR group! You just don't understand the talent and game the way we and McBeane do!"

Being a realist is not being a doomer, that's something that was conflated with this topic and many others here. 

I think your being slightly to harsh on Beane in terms of underperforming. He doesn't coach the team and was not responsible for 13 seconds nor the lack of defense vs CIN. I would argue Beane is close to a top 5-10 gm league wide and without a doubt the better of the GM Coach combo that currently exists. Additionally COVID effectively screwed some of the cap work he done to maximize Josh's rookie contract and it gave him one chance to go big which was Von and unfortunately has not gone as hoped. 

I have my criticisms of Beane and the WR corp especially you could see from the moment Diggs and Davis left they were hoping for a lot of growth which didn't feel realistic. To his credit he addressed it even if later then we all wanted. WR is probably his biggest buggaboo draft wise as his best selection so far was Gabe Davis. His best WR moves to date are all trade or FA related, he certainly has not hit yet on anyone (Coleman too early to judge). My trust with Beane is vastly different vs McD who I think knows he has until 2025 season to make it or he is out. Looking at the team and its failures to break through since 2019 my finger is pointed far quicker and stronger at McD then the GM as I would argue all of the losses have had coaching mistakes that created failure. Last year is probably the only playoff loss under McD where I have little to gripe with given the needed gameplan because of the injuries and the one I would look more at the GM at.

• Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

3 of our 4 seasons have ended to one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history.  If losing to them is “underperforming” so be it.  KC is a wagon.  They beat everyone.  The other loss is to another “elite QB”.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm still cracking up about how wrong your post was.  Every receiver has looked like garbage.  Thank God we traded for a real weapon. 

Ya , I envisioned a different result.

Still think Shakir is the real deal. 

Coleman has flashed but he's nowhere near a legit #1, needs to develop.

Samuel situation is just bizarre, is he injured? Idk how he has been involved so lightly. 

With a legit WR1, should open up everything and turn this O into a headache for DCs

OL/run game looks elite

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya , I envisioned a different result.

Still think Shakir is the real deal. 

Coleman has flashed but he's nowhere near a legit #1, needs to develop.

Samuel situation is just bizarre, is he injured? Idk how he has been involved so lightly. 

With a legit WR1, should open up everything and turn this O into a headache for DCs

OL/run game looks elite

I thought samuel was going to be a lot better. I think that toe injury he had early in the season is really hampering his ability to make cuts

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2024 at 8:09 AM, JerseyBills said:

Lets just start with the top 5 WRs, Bills just dropped a video yesterday or the day before , so pretty much confirmed our top 5..

Last year                This year

Diggs                       Coleman

Davis                        Samuel

Shakir                       Shakir

Harty                         Hollins

Sherfield                   MVS

There's obviously a huge question mark with Coleman, as with any rookie WR but should be dynamic in this O. 

I'm huge on Shakir, I really think he's going to be a stud this year and eclipse 1k yards. 

Huge fan of Samuel,  he does it all, you can put this guy anywhere, including the backfield and he's explosive and makes plays and that was on a terrible O with terrible QB play. Skys the limit, loved the signing. 

Hollins is interesting but he's an elite run blocker , which Brady has shown,  we're running the ball, bottom line , and not a great year statistically last year but I could see him having his 22 season where he put up 57 rec 690 yards 4 TDs. This was Gabe his first 2 years and this is his replacement for much cheaper. Plus he's a certified leader..

MVS , yes the drops and statistically wasn't great in the regular season but you can argue he's the reason KC won the SB. In our game he had 62 yards, 17 more yards than Kincaid who was our top guy w 45 yards. Would've loved to have him in January last year. Made huge big , long catches. Meanwhile Diggs is dropping wide open TDs which win us that game.. 

And at 6 , Claypool, Hamler, Shorter etc will fight it out 

Bottom line , this is a much deeper WR group. Harty/Sherfield were busts, they were awful. And with Gabe injured vs KC, it showed how weak our depth was. No offense,  but I never want to see Andy Isabella playing in a playoff game and that won't happen again with the depth added. Sherfield/Harty also had no business being out there. 

Obviously Coleman is a huge key to this group and puzzle but I see no reason he can't be the guy we expect him to be. Plus Kincaid year 2. Cook year 3. Upgraded RB room

This is going to be a fun O to watch. Probably the best we've seen with Allen because of WR depth, elite RB/TE and Brady calling plays

*Not to crap on Diggs, I really admire his game and intensity, I have him as my profile picture but the fact that Beane ate 30+ mil and took a future 2, clearly they thought he was just to disruptive in the locker room, as a leader. The Cincy game leaving his teammates,  as a captain, speaks volumes.

McBeane has built this team on family and doing your 1/11th on o and d and Diggs just didn't fit that culture. Good luck but good riddance 

* MOST COMPLETE O IN THE GAME,  EASYYYYYYYY

All time s**t take. But you get credit for not deleting the thread. Better to be stupid and famous than neither I suppose.