I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Two consecutive plays from last night that sum up this group of pass catchers:

Nobody is even close to open on at least half of our pass plays. Beane failed his QB and owes it to his team to find a solution.

39 minutes ago, Success said:

Re: receiver separation - is that ALL on the players?

I see KC with a less than stellar group of wideouts, and yet guys are almost always open.  

To the first video, My issue is, is that these WR need to keep moving. To stop moving at the end of a rout with a mobile QB is CRAZY. NEVER give up on a play. 

To the second video The ball is hiked at the 4 second mark. This means by the 7.5-8 second mark the ball should be gone.

Look at the bottom of the screen. 2 WR's running down the field right next to each other to the point  where at the 7.5-8 second mark they run into eachother.

EITHER....  Someone did not run a proper rout, or this game play is very poor misuse of spreading players out on the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not in the postseason

The biggest issue with not having a true #1 is you actually slow down any progress a rookie can have-

Diggs/Beasley are the only legit players that Beane has brought to this group since he's been here.

We have a QB that is a unicorn and all we do is bring in 3/4 round RB's and a TE for the offense and then go through Coordinator after coordinator because McDermott has control issues

But you are correct the nonsense that is going on from that group is not winning in the playoffs 

Edited by BlazinBill

14 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

To the first video, My issue is, is that these WR need to keep moving. To stop moving at the end of a rout with a mobile QB is CRAZY. NEVER give up on a play. 

Actually I think the problem is that Kincaid does keep running. He needs to take advantage of all that open space and cut off his route to present himself to Josh, instead he just runs into the safety and takes himself out of the play. I really liked Kincaid as a prospect because I thought he showed an innate understanding of how to read leverage and space to make himself available to his QB. That mental game combined with his hip fluidity made me think he could be a real problem in the NFL. But the mental game just hasn't been there at all. Kelce's physical traits are obviously great but his mental traits are what make him the GOAT. I was hoping we could have a relationship similar to that for Josh. Hasn't worked out.

Edited by HappyDays

It’s surprising to me that the Bills can run the ball as well as they are despite opposing defenses paying no respect to the WRs and playing everyone at or near the LOS. That’s where having at least one guy who can’t be covered 1v1 is invaluable.

Edited by vincec

20 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

To the second video The ball is hiked at the 4 second mark. This means by the 7.5-8 second mark the ball should be gone.

Look at the bottom of the screen. 2 WR's running down the field right next to each other to the point  where at the 7.5-8 second mark they run into eachother.

EITHER....  Someone did not run a proper rout, or this game play is very poor misuse of spreading players out on the field. 

re: the second video

i am going to cut Hollins and Kincaid some slack tbh. that's just a tough route combo vs man to pull off w aggressive dbs who can reroute you...like Hollins isn't going to win there even if hes running next to Gronkowski. right now i see guys struggling within the offense but i also don't see the offense putting them in the best positions to succeed

• Like (+1) 1

Heading into the season, I also thought the WR group could be sneaky decent when in actuality they are sneaky awful.   To me, the biggest disappointment is Coleman.  You would think that a high pick WR on a team devoid of quality receivers would stand out.  He looks like the reincarnation of Chris Burkett.  

3 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Heading into the season, I also thought the WR group could be sneaky decent when in actuality they are sneaky awful.   To me, the biggest disappointment is Coleman.  You would think that a high pick WR on a team devoid of quality receivers would stand out.  He looks like the reincarnation of Chris Burkett.  

sneaky awful...what's sneaky about them?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, henry jones said:

That seems harsh to me. He looks like he belongs in the league, and he's playing in a group of receivers that doesn't have to bracket an existing #1 receiver, so he's learning the hard way. 

Shakir getting healthy improves it.  Coleman getting through the rookie wall will help a lot.  They are the only guys that offer anything after the catch.  Samuel has been disappointing in that area.  I know Allen trusts him but man gotta bring down those Hollins targets.    

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is going to be a painful end to one of the worst threads in TBD history. RIP to people thinking that this trash WR room was good enough 6/23/24 - 10/15/24.

This ends this discussion right?

Beane admitted the WR room was a disaster when he dusted off John Brown and Cole Beasley’s corpses in 2022 midseason.

Now that he has traded for Cooper, that’s a similar admission that the group brought to camp WAS garbage, that the mantra of “everyone eats, we don’t need a #1 WR” was total spin zone to forget that Mack Hollins and co are not quality NFL receivers, etc etc.

The group got so much quietly better this offseason that after Beane took a $40M cap hit for a second round pick that he turned around in week 5 and gave away a third for an actual good WR.

It’s ova. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

re: the second video

i am going to cut Hollins and Kincaid some slack tbh. that's just a tough route combo vs man to pull off w aggressive dbs who can reroute you...like Hollins isn't going to win there even if hes running next to Gronkowski. right now i see guys struggling within the offense but i also don't see the offense putting them in the best positions to succeed

Nah i call BS,. If that was a planned rout then they need to throw it in the garbage.