I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

45 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Cooper is realistic if the Browns are willing to deal.  I don't think they necessarily have to go trade for one but that is fine if they get it done.  They need to use Samuel or MVS more in that role immediately.  He cannot track a deep ball for anything.

Hollins is a quality blocker, but should not be getting looks downfield 

27 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

It's embarrassing that this is Allen's wr room.

They give him trash receivers to throw to and expect to compete for a SB.

Incompetence.

trash is a little harsh HOWEVER, with Shakir hurt that's pretty close to being true they are extremely thin and it showed yesterday.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking throwing deep to Hollins. the play calling the last two game was some of the worst I've seen, the jags game might have been the best I've ever seen...  so while I tend to believe that it never one side at fault but it hard to say the coaching wasn't mostly to blame for these last two games, and that play calling down on the goal line at the end of the game was GARBAGE.  Complete GARBAGE.     

Edited by gordong

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

trash is a little harsh HOWEVER, with Shakir hurt that's pretty close to being true they are extremely thin and it showed yesterday.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking throwing deep to Hollins. the play calling the last two game was some of the worst I've seen, the jags game might have been the best I've ever seen...  so while I tend to believe that it never one side at fault but it hard to say the coaching wasn't mostly to blame for these last two games, and that play calling down on the goal line at the end of the game was GARBAGE.  Complete GARBAGE.     

Trash is correct.   Just look at their numbers.  TRASH.  

I very rarely saw open receivers yesterday, not that Allen was on, he wasn't.    This WR group is one of the worst in team history and the numbers will bear this out as the season progresses. 

More passes to RB's and TEs are needed versus the Jets.  

Just wanted to post in this thread again to help push it to its Sesquicentennial page.

I will only add that I am disappointed in how Curtis Samuel has played/used along with Dawson Knox.

These 2 players need schemes and targets.

19 minutes ago, gordong said:

Most plays have a player running a deeper route. You need to spread and stretch the defense out or else you’ll have receivers carrying defenders to other receivers and nobody will be open. Need to open up space for the offense to operate.

At times the plan may be to take a deep shot but if the play is covered it’s on the QB to go elsewhere. The qb goes through their reads and picks the best option to throw. Some of the deep shots were Allen running around. That’s not part of the play design. Josh is aggressive and wants to go deep. Josh makes the final decision on where to go with the ball. His decision making isn’t the greatest despite his talent and stats. 

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Trash is correct.   Just look at their numbers.  TRASH.  

I very rarely saw open receivers yesterday, not that Allen was on, he wasn't.    This WR group is one of the worst in team history and the numbers will bear this out as the season progresses. 

More passes to RB's and TEs are needed versus the Jets.  

Where did you watch. There was open receivers a lot. My view was pretty much the all22. I lost count of how many times I was screaming someone was open and Allen bailed or threw elsewhere. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I blame everyone.  

Beane didn't give Brady and Josh good wideouts.  And the pass pro since Beane's been here has been inconsistent.  When you have a generational talent at QB, you need to hire a quality bodyguard that can keep him upright in a pretty pocket to optimize his production.

McD isn't good at hiring OCs.

Brady isn't good at scheming a passing game.  

Josh sometimes makes bad decisions with the ball.  As Kurt Warner says, he needs to get the ball out on schedule to the intended receiver instead of looking for something better.  He has his best (i.e. most error free) games when he does this.  

47 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

It's embarrassing that this is Allen's wr room.

They give him trash receivers to throw to and expect to compete for a SB.

Incompetence.

I have no idea why anyone thinks this is the expectation. Is it because that's what they told you? As soon as they took that massive cap hit to dump Diggs and then did nothing to replace him, they told you it was a rebuilding year. After they turned over most of the defense and did little to replace the huge pieces they lost, they told you it was a rebuilding year. If you bought the company line that they're doing everything they can every day to win the big one, that's on you.

I said it after the draft. Beane is looking to 2025 and 2026. He'll get a small window then to try again. This year? 1% chance.

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I have no idea why anyone thinks this is the expectation. Is it because that's what they told you? As soon as they took that massive cap hit to dump Diggs and then did nothing to replace him, they told you it was a rebuilding year. After they turned over most of the defense and did little to replace the huge pieces they lost, they told you it was a rebuilding year. If you bought the company line that they're doing everything they can every day to win the big one, that's on you.

I said it after the draft. Beane is looking to 2025 and 2026. He'll get a small window then to try again. This year? 1% chance.

If your expectation as GM with Josh Allen in his 7th year at qb is anything less than competing for a SB you're doing it wrong...

Beane is entirely to blame for the Diggs massive cap hit fiasco (that cost the team this entire season according to you). The extension was unnecessary, ill-timed, and poorly constructed. 

40 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

If your expectation as GM with Josh Allen in his 7th year at qb is anything less than competing for a SB you're doing it wrong...

Beane is entirely to blame for the Diggs massive cap hit fiasco (that cost the team this entire season according to you). The extension was unnecessary, ill-timed, and poorly constructed. 

That's totally silly. every GM knows that he's going to have years with more ammunition than others. It's not a question of desire, it's a reality of the facts of roster construction. You can't lose two starting safeties, your starting center, basically the entire WR room and all of your RB depth, all while mired in cap hell, and expect that you're going to be stronger than you were the year before when you weren't good enough to get it done. It's just not an expectation that's based in reality.

Are they going to give it all on Sunday to try? Sure, maybe. Will they be optimally equipped to do so? Absolutely not.