I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

I didnt know that Brandon Beanes brother writes here. Its October 7, 2024 and just clicked my heels three times and wished I was back in Kansas for a 2024 playoff game. It aint going to happen with this group. 

They suck. Especially 31 year old washed up Mack Hollins who has the speed of a cement truck and hands of stone. Beane nor our scouts couldnt see he cant run? 

Poor management to the extreme

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yesterday, when that deep pass fell incomplete , I thought from the TV angle that Hollins either ran a lazy route or just gave up on the play a fraction of a second before the ball arrived. You were at the game - what did you think?

It wasn’t a perfect throw but he should have caught it. Watching him track that ball was like watching Floyd Mayweather reading a children’s book. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was like when people tried to talk themselves into Peterman for no reason.  Shockingly, that too failed epically. When you don’t have talent, you aren’t going to be good.

Just Wait Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Facts!!! Just like Coleman > Worthy 😂

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure that cutting him sends much of a message. If you want to send a message, you cut Mack Hollins. He’s on the leadership council. He’s a lovable, try hard, goofball, that everyone seems to respect as a guy. Oh yeah, he doesn’t wear shoes!! If you want to send a message, you cut that scrub too and send the message to everyone that, “if your best isn’t good enough, you’ll be replaced.” Trade for Cooper and give Shavers a chance to be the big physical WR.

Mack Hollins is a good football player. He’s a WR5 though. He’s a special teams player who should only play in our top 4 WRs due to injury.

MVS does nothing for the team if he’s not able to catch. Give someone else that roster spot.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mack Hollins is a good football player. He’s a WR5 though. He’s a special teams player who should only play in our top 4 WRs due to injury.

MVS does nothing for the team if he’s not able to catch. Give someone else that roster spot.

We disagree that he’s a good football player. He’s a scrub that has been given a chance and failed. Shavers was an elite ST player coming out. That’s how he got here. I’m all for him getting a shot at that WR5/ST role. I’m confident he’s a better WR and a very good ST player. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No one ever said you don’t need a no 1 WR and absolutely yes ALL QBs benefit from having one.  

It’s all we fans have been talking about since 2023 is getting an elite WR

Because Diggs isn’t one anymore 

That’s not remotely true. Lotta folks here bought into that exact narrative that the Bills pushed through their mouthpieces. Everybody eats! We won’t have just one stud WR that teams can key on and take away! No team wins if they have to pay an elite WR! This is the smart way to build a WR corps!

All that garbage was posted here ad naseum. It was posters drinking the kool aid and being hopeful.

The biggest issue this is causing is what we’ve seen the last two games. Allen is holding the ball because no one is open and that’s getting him hit a lot more. That can do damage to him and this team that lasts beyond this season. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why?  He would have likely hauled in at least 1 of the 2 deep targets to Hollins....who has no ability to track the ball in the air 

MVS has a history of being inconsistent catching. I would definitely rather see MVS running that route but if he’s not, he’s useless.

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We disagree that he’s a good football player. He’s a scrub that has been given a chance and failed. Shavers was an elite ST player coming out. That’s how he got here. I’m all for him getting a shot at that WR5/ST role. I’m confident he’s a better WR and a very good ST player. 

I don’t really disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Donald Jones and David Nelson would get meaningful snaps in this WR rooms. 

Is it weird that I think those guys are better than Hollins and MVS? Nelson had 658 and 5 TDs his last year in Buffalo. Jones had 443 and 3. Those guys were not good but I think they’re better than our guys now AND we have prime Josh Allen. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it weird that I think those guys are better than Hollins and MVS? Nelson had 658 and 5 TDs his last year in Buffalo. Jones had 443 and 3. Those guys were not good but I think they’re better than our guys now AND we have prime Josh Allen. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nelson would have eaten with Josh at QB 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is Michael Thomas any better than the two of them? There is a connection to Brady and Ronald Curry from a coaching standpoint 

15 hours ago, VW82 said:

Killing the Curtis Samuel signing is totally fair. Mack has been ok. He isn't a bad player for < 1% of cap. Not sure why people are killing him too. 

Coleman is a rookie. 

This team needs all three of Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook to play for the passing offense to look good. If one is out, we just don't have enough threats. 

Next year, Coleman will be better and we'll add another starting calibre WR to fill out the room. For this season, we're just going to have to make due. Hopefully, we can get something from Samuel. Anything. 

It sucks that he doesn't have a seasoned vet, like Diggs, to learn the intricacies of the game 

7 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Hollins is a cool guy but limited at WR.  He needs to get replaced.  

We need to replace Hollins with Cooper immediately. I'm not waiting for the trade deadline. We need Shakir back ASAP. We need to lock Brady in a room and not let him out until he figures out how the F to use Samuel other than a pass 3 yards behind the LOS.  MVS is a lost cause, you might as well bring up Hamler.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

We need to replace Hollins with Cooper immediately. I'm not waiting for the trade deadline. We need Shakir back ASAP. We need to lock Brady in a room and not let him out until he figures out how the F to use Samuel other than a pass 3 yards behind the LOS.  MVS is a lost cause, you might as well bring up Hamler.

Cooper is realistic if the Browns are willing to deal.  I don't think they necessarily have to go trade for one but that is fine if they get it done.  They need to use Samuel or MVS more in that role immediately.  He cannot track a deep ball for anything.