I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Beane loves giving money to guys who don't positively impact games for us. It's why we are in cap hell. Samuel is going to make over 9 mil next year too and there's no relief for cutting him either. Money well spent so far

• Like (+1) 6

Killing the Curtis Samuel signing is totally fair. Mack has been ok. He isn't a bad player for < 1% of cap. Not sure why people are killing him too. 

Coleman is a rookie. 

This team needs all three of Kincaid, Shakir, and Cook to play for the passing offense to look good. If one is out, we just don't have enough threats. 

Next year, Coleman will be better and we'll add another starting calibre WR to fill out the room. For this season, we're just going to have to make due. Hopefully, we can get something from Samuel. Anything. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Curtis Samuel is a good player. Our coaches simply kill these guys, and it’s going to catch on that it’s a bad place to sign. 

His lack of touches is absurd.  Oh except for that brilliant screen.  He's been on crappy WR units before and still produced with avg QBs. 

15 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

His lack of touches is absurd.  Oh except for that brilliant screen.  He's been on crappy WR units before and still produced with avg QBs. 

Oh he's had 12 of the same play. Throw to Curtis 2 yards behind the LOS and hope he breaks 15 tackles. They have no clue what to do with a higher contract player. That's 100% on Joe.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Oh he's had 12 of the same play. Throw to Curtis 2 yards behind the LOS and hope he breaks 15 tackles. They have no clue what to do with a higher contract player. That's 100% on Joe.

Agree. This is on Brady.  Samuel might not be that great of a receiver but the guy gets like 600-800 yards a season with worse QBs.  All Brady can manage to do is throw to him behind the LoS.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Josh is playing with nothing but a bunch Sherffields, Deonte Thompsons, Duke Williams, and every other type of mid receiver we’ve ever rolled through this joint. I’d be pissed if I were him. 

The problem is the good soldier never complains and it's starting to piss me off. This wr room is pure trash.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Agree. This is on Brady.  Samuel might not be that great of a receiver but the guy gets like 600-800 yards a season with worse QBs.  All Brady can manage to do is throw to him behind the LoS.

Trust me, Curtis is so much better than the crap plays they've thrown his way.  This is clueless coaching malfeasance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

Josh is playing with nothing but a bunch Sherffields, Deonte Thompsons, Duke Williams, and every other type of mid receiver we’ve ever rolled through this joint. I’d be pissed if I were him. 

The comment by the tv announcer during the game really stood out to me.  So Allen had say in which wide receiver the bills would draft?  If true that's not good.  Leave that job to guys who study film for a living.

23 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

The comment by the tv announcer during the game really stood out to me.  So Allen had say in which wide receiver the bills would draft?  If true that's not good.  Leave that job to guys who study film for a living.

How can you trust this staff studying film? Beane was at the combine saying it was good when Coleman ran a slow 40 because it would make it easier to get him

1 hour ago, TurfToeJam said:

Beane or someone named a few WRs Josh wanted. Pretty much every 1st rder + Coleman. 

He's a rookie, he'll grow but Josh was clearly off all day, he missed multiple easy throws and difficult ones as well. Should have had at least 2 picks

9/30 is a ton on Allen. He used to be dominant in the intermediate passing game, he looks average at best now. 

And as far as Samuel, I don't get it. Sometimes I don't understand the O at all, square peg into a round whole , seems like too much is going on, idk, I need the All 22 guys to break it down but the pass game was brutal for 2nd straight game.. Could still be 4-1, still so bizzarre how we didn't choose to run run run and take it to OT considering how dominant the D was and the fact Allen was 9-27 at the start of that series

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Beane or someone named a few WRs Josh wanted. Pretty much every 1st rder + Coleman. 

He's a rookie, he'll grow but Josh was clearly off all day, he missed multiple easy throws and difficult ones as well. Should have had at least 2 picks

9/30 is a ton on Allen. He used to be dominant in the intermediate passing game, he looks average at best now. 

And as far as Samuel, I don't get it. Sometimes I don't understand the O at all, square peg into a round whole , seems like too much is going on, idk, I need the All 22 guys to break it down but the pass game was brutal for 2nd straight game.. Could still be 4-1, still so bizzarre how we didn't choose to run run run and take it to OT considering how dominant the D was and the fact Allen was 9-27 at the start of that series

Allen was off. It was ABSOLUTELY a function of the 🗑️ pass catchers. The All 22 will show exactly that. It was 80% the trash pass catchers and 20% Josh was off. That might be too generous to the receivers. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Curtis Samuel is a good player. Our coaches simply kill these guys, and it’s going to catch on that it’s a bad place to sign. 

This. 
Samuel is a very gold player.  He’s being under utilized likely due to the toe.  Or, Brady IS just bad. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would honestly cut MVS tomorrow to make a point.

I’m not sure that cutting him sends much of a message. If you want to send a message, you cut Mack Hollins. He’s on the leadership council. He’s a lovable, try hard, goofball, that everyone seems to respect as a guy. Oh yeah, he doesn’t wear shoes!! If you want to send a message, you cut that scrub too and send the message to everyone that, “if your best isn’t good enough, you’ll be replaced.” Trade for Cooper and give Shavers a chance to be the big physical WR.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure that cutting him sends much of a message. If you want to send a message, you cut Mack Hollins. He’s on the leadership council. He’s a lovable, try hard, goofball, that everyone seems to respect as a guy. .” .

Yesterday, when that deep pass fell incomplete , I thought from the TV angle that Hollins either ran a lazy route or just gave up on the play a fraction of a second before the ball arrived. You were at the game - what did you think?

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1