I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mostly an OL stat but the WRs failing to separate quickly plays a role in this too.

And this:

One more:

The denialism has to stop. The pass catchers stink. They don't get open, they don't track the ball, and now drops are popping up over the last couple weeks. It is a bottom 3 unit.

I get it, not denying, what is the solution?? 

Is Brady part of the problem?? 

Clearly Brady and Josh signed off on sending Diggs away and bringing this group in.. 

Is Josh not as great as we thought? 

Tom Brady made it work...

Lets talk solutions!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Clearly Brady and Josh signed off on sending Diggs away and bringing this group in.. 

Lets talk solutions!

For those that haven't figured out out yet, Brady's under McD's thumb as is Babich.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Lets talk solutions!

I think signing off on Diggs going and signing off on this group are different things. Clearly, the Bills couldn’t have thought that this group was good enough. They brought this upon themselves though. They were in desperate need of a number 1. Instead of going up to get someone (even Brian Thomas) they went back twice and took a project that can’t separate. They gave Curtis Samuel $8M. They play Mack Hollins 😂. Beane just missed and everyone could see it.

There are solutions. The Bills can swing a deal for a WR that’s out there (Adams, Cooper, Higgins, etc). They can wait for the draft and try to land Burden or McMillan. That’ll be expensive but it’s an option. They CANNOT believe in this “everybody eats” nonsense. You win with stars. The Bills don’t have them outside of Josh.

They need a guy at the top of the depth chart and these other guys become a little better by sliding into roles they are capable of. Shakir is a good slot and I still believe Kincaid is good (although he has been frustrating). They have no idea how to use Samuel and he’s been bad. Coleman should play but I don’t know if he will ever be good. He gets zero separation but has more of a chance than some of those other scrubs. The solution is to go get a guy at the top of the depth chart and then another guy in the middle of the depth chart that can replace Hollins. Whatever it costs, it costs. It’s one of the most important positions in football. You can’t put a band aid on it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

All offseason I said Curtis Samuel is not an Outside WR. He's a Slot.

I think the Turf Toe is greatly minimizing his potential, playing him outside of the Slot is minimizing his potential (and we'd want to play Shakir there as much as possible anyway), and I think he and Josh haven't developed chemistry. All of this is leading to him being a total 0 on the field for us.

With him being a total none factor and Khalil Shakir being injured - we're really nowhere. Then the Coordinator is sending Mack Hollins on deep, tracking routes and dialing up MVS to catch contested short passes on Derek Stingley Jr. with what we have (or don't have). 

Literal madness.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Nah that's an easy catch for an NFL WR. He 100% lost track of the ball. I'd say the sun got in his eyes but they play in a dome so the reality is Hollins just sucks. Which was known coming into the season.

In fact the pass thrown to him on the final series should have been a completion too. It reminded me of Trent Sherfield's deep targets in the divisional round. Just zero ability to even make a play on the ball. Hollins is not a WR. He's a blocker that occasionally makes a catch within 10 yards of the LoS.

But that pass was 100% thrown with touch. It was basically a punt. Because Hollins was so wide open Allen just asked him to the easy thing and track the ball. Hollins couldn't do the easy thing because he is hopeless downfield.

Folks don't realize or remember that quality WR's MAKE plays.

Sure sometimes the ball isn't perfect. In fact, for most QB's, passes over 30 yards in the air are RARELY perfect. Usually they require the WR to track the ball and adjust their speed to field it.

We watch guys like Jayden Reed get wide open and slow down or speed up or run under the ball EVERY WEEK. We aren't talking about superstars (although Reed is quite good), just good NFL players.

Mack is not a good NFL WR. That doesn't mean he can't block or catch a perfect missile in his chest on a slant. Of course he can. But he can't MAKE a play happen.

All the WR's that make tough catches or explosives are part of the reason those plays are successful. Mack is in year 7, he doesn't have that ability and never will. This isn't Madden where you press X to catch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Lets talk solutions!

Brady never had a WR group that could go an entire game and not get open.  On the couple of times guys got open down field -  Coleman on the TD, Kincaid on the big gainer to the 5 and Hollins on the crosser Allen hit them.  And on the long pass to Hollins a real NFL receiver makes that catch.  Hollins turned inside when in fact he had to be looking for the ball on the outside which is where a QB wants to put it.  And I'm not trashing Hollins who looks like a great ST player.  But judas Priest, he's not a deep threat WR.

And why do you think Allen had anything to do with bringing this group in?  If Allen had any say he would be all about signing a big time vet or giving away the fram to move up and nab one of those lottery WR picks.

As for Diggs, he wanted out I suspect largely because he didn't want to play in a McD "complimentary" offense.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

I posted about this very subject the other day but got ridiculed. 

I got ridiculed too a few weeks ago. Just felt this team wasn't quite good enough. It felt like a full on attack though 😑😱

• Angry 1

I often think about this garbage thread

3 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I got ridiculed too a few weeks ago. Just felt this team wasn't quite good enough. It felt like a full on attack though 😑😱

There are a lot of blind Homers here.   Don't worry,  people that actually can see the trash the team is putting out understand

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Brady never had a WR group that could go an entire game and not get open.  On the couple of times guys got open down field -  Coleman on the TD, Kincaid on the big gainer to the 5 and Hollins on the crosser Allen hit them.  And on the long pass to Hollins a real NFL receiver makes that catch.  Hollins turned inside when in fact he had to be looking for the ball on the outside which is where a QB wants to put it.  And I'm not trashing Hollins who looks like a great ST player.  But judas Priest, he's not a deep threat WR.

And why do you think Allen had anything to do with bringing this group in?  If Allen had any say he would be all about signing a big time vet or giving away the fram to move up and nab one of those lottery WR picks.

As for Diggs, he wanted out I suspect largely because he didn't want to play in a McD "complimentary" offense.

It has been confirmed by many beat reporters that Josh was heavily involved in the trade and drafting process and it's just common sense that the GM and Franchise QB sign off on that.. 

As for the McD part, he was the highest targeted WR in Buf, so maybe it's more a Diggs problem than anything else, met a Viking that said he did the same thing with them!🤔

15 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I often think about this garbage thread

There are a lot of blind Homers here.   Don't worry,  people that actually can see the trash the team is putting out understand

Trash team?

Dude we got beat on a 60 yarder on the road by a 4-1 team.. 

Yall are misetable, delusional fans for real.. 

Look around the league

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Lets talk solutions!

Tom Brady had Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski, you think that is comparable to Shakir, Coleman, Kincaid?

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

When was Tom Brady winning Super Bowls with Mack Hollins caliber WRs as starters

Name me a Patriots WR not named Welker or Edelman from the last 10 years.  It's not impossible but it's not star studded either.

No one ever said you don’t need a no 1 WR and absolutely yes ALL QBs benefit from having one.  

It’s all we fans have been talking about since 2023 is getting an elite WR

Because Diggs isn’t one anymore 

Edited by Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Name me a Patriots WR not named Welker or Edelman from the last 10 years.  It's not impossible but it's not star studded either.

You just named two. That's my point. He never had Mack Hollins caliber pass catchers as his primary targets. When the Pats offense did finally devolve to that level, he took the first ticket out of town and signed with the best offensive roster in the NFL where he immediately won another Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1