I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

I have no words.

I was really, really unhappy with the off season and how it was handled, felt it would be just like what we saw the last two weeks, BUT, I gaslit myself after the first three games.

I am sorry guys, but this is just unacceptable for a QB in his prime, to have to try and make things work with this garbage group of receivers. Shakir is great, and Coleman shows flashes, but he is a rookie. I really wanted to see more people be mad about this.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Getting rid of Diggs was the right move but what they did after obviously was not. 

How can you people still believe this?

Diggs had 6 catches for 82 yards today

Bills WR's had a total of 4 catches today for 76 yards.

Beane made us worse to accommodate  McDermott and Allen.  Beane made the team worse.  For that he should lose his job.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

How can you people still believe this?

Diggs had 6 catches for 82 yards today

Bills WR's had a total of 4 catches today for 76 yards.

Beane made us worse to accommodate  McDermott and Allen.  Beane made the team worse.  For that he should lose his job.  

BECAUSE DIGGS DIDN’T WANT TO BE HERE. 

And Diggs does not even have that type of day against Taron Johnson. Maybe has half those stats if he’s lucky.

Edited by Beast

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You picked the wrong week to defend Allen. He was terrible this week.  He has little to no help but he was awful.  Probably should have had at least two INTs. 

He played about as well as Stroud did which is to say a couple big mistakes and a bunch of really nice throws. Stroud had better pass catchers and better OC performance so his team won.

Allen is the victim of his own success. He did not play at his ceiling today, obviously. To say he was "terrible" though is to diminish the definition of the word. Without Shakir this is easily the worst skill position group Allen has had since 2018 and the entire offense falls on his shoulders. His skill players as a group made ONE great play that went above and beyond (Coleman's TD). Everything else was pedestrian to awful. A "terrible" QB performance would have put maybe 3 points on the board.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That Hollins play was as much on Allen if not more.  You absolutely do not over throw it to his OUTSIDE shoulder forcing the WR to adjust on an over the shoulder throw.  

That ball needs to go inside and didn’t need to go that far.  It was as easy a throw as it gets for any QB and Allen made it difficult and still was too far.  

Hollins could have adjusted better, but the point is the pass never should have been so bad that he had to even adjust.  He was wide open by 10 yards.  

Both are at fault, but Allen is more at fault.  Then on the same drive Hollins is again wide open for an easy TD on a post inside and he locks in on Coleman and just chucks it out of bounds in end zone to Coleman.

It’s not like the pass catchers didn’t make mistakes too.  But to pretend Allen wasnt the worst player on the field in the first half is just not accurate.  And I LOVE Allen, but I’m not gonna be bias and give him a pass for his absolutely terrible play that half.  Worst since his first game as a rookie.  

Exactly.  No idea how people think that was on Hollins.  It was another awful deep pass from Allen.  He is incapable of throwing deep ball with touch or accuracy.  At this point its probably hopeless that he ever will. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

He played about as well as Stroud did which is to say a couple big mistakes and a bunch of really nice throws. Stroud had better pass catchers and better OC performance so his team won.

Allen is the victim of his own success. He did not play at his ceiling today, obviously. To say he was "terrible" though is to diminish the definition of the word. Without Shakir this is easily the worst skill position group Allen has had since 2018 and the entire offense falls on his shoulders. His skill players as a group made ONE great play that went above and beyond (Coleman's TD). Everything else was pedestrian to awful. A "terrible" QB performance would have put maybe 3 points on the board.

With Shakir its the worst WR group in 20 years.  Maybe even dating back to 1984.  

Doesn't change the fact Allen missed the guys that did get open and threw not one but three passes back into the middle of the field one of which should have been picked off and the other two were incomplete. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, Mikey152 said:

Let’s state this all another way.

if the Bills don’t have any receivers in the top 32, Josh Allen probably isn’t the quarterback we think he is.

if you look at the top 40, the distribution among teams is pretty high.  Most teams have one or two (correlates to targets I posted earlier). Odds are high we have one guy in the top 20 and/or two guys in the top 40 and/or 3 guys in the top 50.

if that DOESNT happen, something went horribly wrong, like Josh got hurt.

I knew when this group of WR's started playing to their talent level Josh would get blamed by the defenders of this WR group.  Never thought it'd take a mere 5 games.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not only that Josh got a concussion and came back in.

Josh is my hero

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That Hollins play was as much on Allen if not more.  You absolutely do not over throw it to his OUTSIDE shoulder forcing the WR to adjust on an over the shoulder throw.  

Nah that's an easy catch for an NFL WR. He 100% lost track of the ball. I'd say the sun got in his eyes but they play in a dome so the reality is Hollins just sucks. Which was known coming into the season.

In fact the pass thrown to him on the final series should have been a completion too. It reminded me of Trent Sherfield's deep targets in the divisional round. Just zero ability to even make a play on the ball. Hollins is not a WR. He's a blocker that occasionally makes a catch within 10 yards of the LoS.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He is incapable of throwing deep ball with touch or accuracy. 

But that pass was 100% thrown with touch. It was basically a punt. Because Hollins was so wide open Allen just asked him to the easy thing and track the ball. Hollins couldn't do the easy thing because he is hopeless downfield.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

We sat up top and could see everything. Josh was not good. There was NOBODY open. He was going to his 3rd and 4th read every time. He should have run more but those pass catchers were SO bad today. The tape will not be kind to that group. It was as bad as I’ve ever seen.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nah that's an easy catch for an NFL WR. He 100% lost track of the ball. I'd say the sun got in his eyes but they play in a dome so the reality is Hollins just sucks. Which was known coming into the season.

In fact the pass thrown to him on the final series should have been a completion too. It reminded me of Trent Sherfield's deep targets in the divisional round. Just zero ability to even make a play on the ball. Hollins is not a WR. He's a blocker that occasionally makes a catch within 10 yards of the LoS.

this 100% 

why wasn’t MVS the target on the deep tosses. At least he can track the ball

Edited by Warriorspikes51

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But that pass was 100% thrown with touch. It was basically a punt. Because Hollins was so wide open Allen just asked him to the easy thing and track the ball. Hollins couldn't do the easy thing because he is hopeless downfield.

Yep, Hollins needed to make that catch. Twice! I can’t believe we are even here arguing that Allen needed to throw a better ball and some are defending Hollins lol

It ws a big time play but Hollins is no where near a big time player. 

And please don’t say I’m sitting here defending Allen for his play. I’m not. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You need to watch the play again.  It’s ok to not like Mack, it’s possible to not like him and Allen to also have thrown a bad ball.  It’s honestly not even disputable IMO if you watch the game again.  Allen made that play so much more harder than it needed to be.  You’re letting your bias for Hollins skew you judgement on this play.

Hollins did also adjust poorly, so he has some fault too, but the pass was not a good throw at all.  Even if Mack doesn’t have that little hiccup he would have been forced to catch the ball over his shoulder and the wrong shoulder to boot.  

I can’t defend Allen on that play or his first half where he was the worst I have seen from him.

26 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I have no words.

I was really, really unhappy with the off season and how it was handled, felt it would be just like what we saw the last two weeks, BUT, I gaslit myself after the first three games.

I am sorry guys, but this is just unacceptable for a QB in his prime, to have to try and make things work with this garbage group of receivers. Shakir is great, and Coleman shows flashes, but he is a rookie. I really wanted to see more people be mad about this.

I posted about this very subject the other day but got ridiculed. 

Mostly an OL stat but the WRs failing to separate quickly plays a role in this too.

And this:

One more:

The denialism has to stop. The pass catchers stink. They don't get open, they don't track the ball, and now drops are popping up over the last couple weeks. It is a bottom 3 unit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

… and there it is.  /thread.

IDGAF about a thread, I care about the Bills winning, delete this, end it, I don't care. 

I just want to walk out of MetLife with the W, literally, I'll be there, representing 

We been here before, just last yrar, 6-6 

WTF is wrong with 17 vs first 3 weeks?

• Haha (+1) 1