I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but interestingly, fantasy people are CRYING about how bad the league's TE production has been this season.   The Bills hasn't been statistically impressive either.   There was a lot of talk about how Dalton Kincaid was the now the new top target of the Bills.   I am a Kincaid fan but I wasn't buying that.   I pegged Shakir to lead them in the 900's.   He's looked great but still.......projecting in the 900's.   @Alphadawg7 and I were actually pretty close on the yardage predictions for Shakir but he thought those numbers would be great and I am not as overwhelmed by 900-1100 yards.   Those have been second option numbers for the Chiefs since Mahomes took over the QB position there.

You have this hang up with yardage totals while totally missing the point of this offense isn't going to allow any one person to put up a lot of yards.  

• Week 1 - Josh completed 18 passes to 9 different receivers.  He only had 2 attempts with just over 2 minutes left in the first half and the Bills went on to score 31 points in 31 minutes.  
  • Week 2 - James Cooked and Josh threw for under 150 yards and basically we took the entire 2nd half off.  
  • Week 3 - Josh competed passes to 10...thats ten...different receivers that resulted in 5 consecutive TD drives to start the game before the offense again just took the 2nd half off.

But...you keep wanting to go back to individual yardage totals to say the group hasn't been good or impressive.  Honestly don't think there could not be a more inaccurate way to evaluate the receivers performances the first 3 weeks

Meanwhile...despite the fact you are unimpressed with Shakir's yardage total pace...he once again leads the NFL in Yards Per Target, Catch %, and has now tied an NFL record of 27 catches on 27 straight targets.  Shakir last year led all WR's in Catch % and YPT, which you said was going to drop this year without Diggs help from being on the field and a bigger role...yet here he is, still leading the NFL again.  

If you watch the All-22, the WR's are all executing what they are being asked to do at a high level.  You also just criticized Mack Hollins in your other reply to me about the OP first post while ignoring that Mack has effective the play on almost all 14 of our TD's scored this year, not to mention a ton of other big runs, and first downs.  He has been all over the field blocking at an elite level, not to mention how he and all the other receivers commit to running their clear out routes the create open opportunities else where knowing they aren't getting the ball but still helping the offense execute.  

So while you want to look at individual stats in an offense not designed to deliver large target shares for any one person, this offense is being executed at a very high level by all 11 guys on the field.  

The question remains whether or not they can keep doing this once teams get more tape on it.  But the most encouraging thing so far is how much variance Brady has had over 3 weeks suggesting a strong possibility he will be able to keep DC's guessing moving forward.  Next 3 weeks we will have a lot more answers...but the first 3 weeks, the offense has been the best in the NFL and everyone has done their job and done it very well.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Mikey152 said:

So true...

But just for fun, lets just try and pin him down...

Badol - 

Ignoring the small sample size for the moment, the fact that the Bills are the top scoring team in the NFL, 3-0, and have very low yardage output from their receivers compared to both the league and their own team last season are all true.

So, that leads us two one of only two possible conclusions, as far as I can tell. Either:

A) Yardage is an important indicator of WR quality/performance, and the Bills are succeeding IN SPITE of their WR...which also suggests that maybe top-flight WR isn't critical for a good offense?

or 

B) Top flight WR are important to a good offense, and the bills have a good offense...which logically means their WR are good (or at least a good fit) and yardage totals maybe aren't the best barometer of success because they are at least partially dependent on targets.

Not to anyone in particular here 🧡

But

• Like (+1) 1