I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

5 catches for 75 yards in 3 games. Omg. Get this kid a HOF bust now 

This is a thread about if the WR room is actually better. If you can’t stay on topic don’t bother posting. 

The WR room is clearly better. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hope you're trolling

Sarcastically, yes.

Here is my 2nd post in your thread way back in June.

Diggs last 4 years of playoffs (9 games total), 61% catch rate and 2 TDs.

Knox, in that same time frame had a 72% catch rate and 6 TDs.

What is important this coming season is catch rate and TDs.  I can care less who is getting the targets, just catch the ball.

If the Bills WRs/TEs/RBs catch the ball and catch TDs the team will win. 

I take players that fit well into a TEAM over individual accomplishments.  I think the Bills O (including the WR room) is better this year.

6 different players with TDs.  That's what I'm talking about!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yup you win. They’re better at blocking 

And…providing options for a 263 yard 4 TD 0 INT performance.

Honestly for the sake of indulging you lonely few still with issues…and honestly mrags I almost applaud you for continuing to be the only one to stand behind your astronomically awful takes while others hide…what would you prefer?

Would the blowout make you feel better if 180 yards and 3 TDs went to a single guy? I’m genuinely interested, because what you’re failing to really cover here is why you think the current model that we’re witnessing is a dud, other than your reliance on eye popping stat metrics from 2009? You and a few seem to have no real argument other than big year Franchise Madden stats. Can you not accept success without video game stats? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Honestly for the sake of indulging you lonely few still with issues…and honestly mrags I almost applaud you for continuing to be the only one to stand behind your astronomically awful takes while others hide…what would you prefer?

Would the blowout make you feel better if 180 yards and 3 TDs went to a single guy? I’m genuinely interested, because what you’re failing to really cover here is why you think the current model that we’re witnessing is a dud, other than your reliance on eye popping stat metrics from 2009? You and a few seem to have no real argument other than big year Franchise Madden stats. Can you not accept success without video game stats? 

I simply stick by the argument that this offense would be better with a top tier WR as a weapon for our superstar QB. It’s people like you and others that want to argue that Josh Allen having better weapons is somehow a bad thing. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Lets put it this way.  If we are comparing posters to an NFL team based on how good their posts are….mrags is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Lets put it this way.  If we are comparing posters to an NFL team based on how good their posts are….mrags is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Hey buddy! How was the game?!

If I haven't been on the road so much the last 60 days I definitely would have tried to make it 

3 hours ago, Simon said:

There's been multiple people telling us multiple times that we need to keep drafting multiple receivers.

Has that concept been proven ill conceived yet though?   I don't see the point in drafting 2 EVERY draft but maybe during a great draft for WR prospects it's a good idea.   

Do you remember a poster last season stating that "(Spencer Brown) simply does not have the feet to be a complete OT in the modern NFL and is never going to."  

That poster, of course, was you........and is an example of an ill conceived notion that has already been debunked.    The takes on WR?   Not yet debunked.   It's premature to act like they have been just because the Bills as a team are having some lopsided early season victories yet again.  

• Eyeroll 1

I'm encouraged what I've seen so far.  However, we've faced three pedestrian defenses and the Jags secondary is a JV squad at the moment.  There's been numerous times since 2020 where we needed a WR to get open in man coverage in the "gotta have it" situations near the end of games (I know he dropped it in the KC game).  Diggs was that guy 9 out of 10 times.  That's where the skill set lost with Diggs at concerns me.  We're going to be in some close games against some good defenses and that will be the real test of this new receiving "everybody eats" crew.

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I simply stick by the argument that this offense would be better with a top tier WR as a weapon for our superstar QB. It’s people like you and others that want to argue that Josh Allen having better weapons is somehow a bad thing. 

The argument has, and always will be, that football is a team sport. 

Spending a ton of resources on QB makes sense, because they touch the football 50 times a game and it is the single most important/hardest position in all of sports. You also only need 1. 

The other 21/52 spots, though? It’s about balance. Spending lots of money or picks at one spot will cost you at another, and this can lead to sub-optimal results. 

yes, WR is important. Yes, having a good #1 WR is a luxury many teams will pay for. Nobody said it wasn’t. But it’s not more important than a good offensive line or good defense. It’s probably not even as important as having a good, diverse set of skill players.

At the end of the day, this is football…not fantasy football. The Bills have demonstrated the ability to build and coach teams capable of winning lots of games by the largest margin in the NFL the last 5 years. Clearly their formula is pretty good. 

Edited by Mikey152
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/9/2024 at 10:42 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I imagine more people than I will if the Texans outperform us in January.

You are so you, how’s bout you be pleased with the team you are supposedly a fan of for maybe a full day once a year…, 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jersey Bills... gonna call you nostraJersey if this continues LOL... Not sure that the overall talent level is that much better, certainly seems like it improved, but boy does the sum of the parts look much better... 

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I brought up the quality of competition that THIS TEAM AND ITS WIDE RECEIVERS will have to play. Not about what teams our opponents have to play.  

Yeah because 12 catches and 141 yards is amazing for 5 guys. 

Smh bro that is all that was needed, who cares if they had 0 yards,when your o puts up 40+ and leads the league in scoring.  

Your boy Diggs went 10/92 and they scored 7 or 10 points? 

Is he okay with being a decoy, or getting dirty in the blocking game. Not everything will be on the stat sheet like we seen with the Cook TD last week on 4th down where 2 WRs ran routes simply to cause traffic. And executed perfectly. 

Wait til the all 22 guys start posting, I'm sure we'll see similar plays.

Bottom line- leading scoring in the game,  completely selfless group and our once in a lifetime QB is a happy dude. Clearly excelling with these weapons 

He's able to go out there and be a point guard and man as a whole this O has been beautiful to watch, and dominant

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm encouraged what I've seen so far.  However, we've faced three pedestrian defenses and the Jags secondary is a JV squad at the moment.  There's been numerous times since 2020 where we needed a WR to get open in man coverage in the "gotta have it" situations near the end of games (I know he dropped it in the KC game).  Diggs was that guy 9 out of 10 times.  That's where the skill set lost with Diggs at concerns me.  We're going to be in some close games against some good defenses and that will be the real test of this new receiving "everybody eats" crew.

Actually go look at Diggs stats in our 4 playoff losses.  He wasn’t what you thought he was. 

Houston fed Diggs the ball this week…blowout loss.  Bills offense has monumentally been better since we stopped focusing on Diggs for 13 games now.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Nuthin but luv rags, but open your eyes, and free your mind, the WR room is doing a great job, we have more pass catching weapons now than we had last season, and they are all doing that “ catch the damn ball” thing…

• Agree 1

When you have a QB as good as Allen, he will make all the receivers better for sure.  He raises everyone up.

They made a big deal on ESPN this morning when Allen said in his presser that "it's wonderful to have players who don't care about their stat line and TD's"  They said it was pretty much throwing Diggs under the bus and running him over.  It certainly wasn't malicious, but that's what the national media took away, that Diggs was really a pain in the a$$ for Josh and the offense.  Probably why they moved away from him late last season.

• Like (+1) 1