I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The question of this thread is the improvement of the WR room year over year.  There is no question that this team doesn't miss Diggs or Davis at all.  This is a better group with 5 guys who can all make plays.  What a concept.  

You are also late to the draft and develop party.  Beane committed to adding weapons for Josh through the draft 3 off-seasons ago.  The Bills top 4 pass catchers are all draftees within the last 3 years in Shakir (14-168-2), Cook (8-97-1), Kincaid (8-85-1) and Coleman (5-75-2).  

Coleman has 5 catches for 75 yards and ONE TD. You mean to tell me that less than 2catches a game and 25yrd average is supposed to be good? That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. 

I’ll say nothing bad about Shakir. I wanted him drafted then. And I continue to like him on this team. 

Kincaid and Cook are pointless for the purpose of the argument of WRs on this team. The topic is about how the WR room got better. Not the pass catchers in the team. We’re not arguing that guys like Kincaid and Cook aren’t good enough. We are arguing if Mack Hollins and the band of merry men at the WR are. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

We are arguing if Mack Hollins and the band of merry men at the WR are. 

Great question.  If only there were data and statistics we could point to that compare the Bills' offensive output and efficiency to the league at large.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Avisan said:

Great question.  If only there were data and statistics we could point to that compare the Bills' offensive output and efficiency to the league at large.

And at the end of the year we will see statistically if they are better than last year. And only then. And that still doesn’t answer the argument that if we had even better WRs that we wouldn’t be even better. 

Sorry, I think anyone sounds completely idiotic if they don’t think that a top tier WR wouldn’t make this offense even better. That’s not a knock on this offense as it is now. It’s simply stating that better players would make or even better. 

2 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Come on with that nonsense.  Forget that the Bills are the highest scoring team in the NFL after 3 games.

That's not what is important.  Shakir's arms are not long enough for him to catch passes in the NFL.  That's what is important.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah and considering it’s been a revolving door for years now they aren’t wrong. Regardless how things are working out now. Hell, Coleman could emerge as the best WR in the league for all I care. The point is we should be giving more opportunities for Allen to find his Chase, or Jefferson, or Hill. And when he finds him, we should still be drafting more. Why? Because it probably means that player is going to want too much money and we aren’t going to resign him. We should be collecting good WRs, not hoping guys like Sherfield, Harty, Hollins somehow have career years with Allen. Allen picks up the play of everyone. But in the end, elite players will always be elite players. We should be looking for more of them. Not less. 

Finheaven is lamenting spending all those assets to get all those top line wide receivers and ignore the big sweaties and get their teeth broken in the trenches and lose and lose and lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Finheaven is lamenting spending all those assets to get all those top line wide receivers and ignore the big sweaties and get their teeth broken in the trenches and lose and lose and lose.

Because they spent a ton of money and draft picks acquiring Hill? And spent 1 draft pick on Waddle? Really? 

just because they have not drafted or picked up good OLmen doesn’t mean they haven’t treated the WR room the way it should be. Tua led the league in passing yards last year. The guy that many here consider trash or average at best. Something should be said about that. 

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

These receivers are allowing Allen to go three games with no ints while helping him lead the team to very good offensive games. I'll take it. 

And I will not deny that at all one bit. 

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Dan Lebatard Show was ripping the Dolphins and McDaniels.  Chris Cote said " if he the genius were told why do we still have Skylar Thompson and no plan?"

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Considering we're averaging 37 points per game, I'm not sure how relevant this argument is. 

Does it really matter how good the WR room is if we keep putting up 30+ points using a balanced approach?  

And as @Simon pointed out in another thread. The quality of competition hasn’t exactly been that great. Give it some weeks and we’ll see how that is. We’ve got some tough games coming up. Against tough teams. Tough defenses. Offenses that will make the games become shootouts. I sure hope these WRs step up when that is required for wins. and I’m not saying they can’t or won’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Come on with that nonsense.  Forget that the Bills are the highest scoring team in the NFL after 3 games.

That's not what is important.  Shakir's arms are not long enough for him to catch passes in the NFL.  That's what is important.

Hope you're trolling

Just now, mrags said:

And as @Simon pointed out in another thread. The quality of competition hasn’t exactly been that great. Give it some weeks and we’ll see how that is. We’ve got some tough games coming up. Against tough teams. Tough defenses. Offenses that will make the games become shootouts. I sure hope these WRs step up when that is required for wins. and I’m not saying they can’t or won’t. 

Bal,Hou, NYJ also have a tough game coming up, cmon

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

I  hear ya and said in the SB after the game ,  win 2/3 of the next games and we may have something

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

you're the one who brought up quality of competition,not me

I brought up the quality of competition that THIS TEAM AND ITS WIDE RECEIVERS will have to play. Not about what teams our opponents have to play.  

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

This dude really trying to quintuple down after a 47-10 blowout

mrags your takes have been horrendous for years. Own it. Better to be the guy with known awful takes then… whatever this attempt is

Yeah because 12 catches and 141 yards is amazing for 5 guys. 

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

Coleman has 5 catches for 75 yards and ONE TD. You mean to tell me that less than 2catches a game and 25yrd average is supposed to be good? That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

Come on dude.  Week 1 Allen attempted just 2 passes before the final 2 minutes of halftime and yet Coleman led the team in snaps, catches, and yards in a game where 9 different players caught one of Allen’s 18 completions. 

Week 2, the offense took the whole 2nd half off and Josh threw even less and it was a game dominated on the ground.  

Week 3 he sat the first quarter from being late, but caught an impressive TD in the 2nd quarter in a game where TEN different people caught a pass and again the offense took it easy for the second half of another blow out leaving Keon barely playing over a quarter this week after missing first quarter and offense taking it easy in 2nd half. 

The fact you want to disparage him while completely ignoring the facts and context says you’re more interested at this point in being right about him and the WRs than actually giving a fair and unbiased review of his season and the WRs season as a whole.  

• Like (+1) 3

There’s this weird phenomenon among message board guys where being right supplants actually rooting for team performance. I suspect that’s why we haven’t seen captain period smash in awhile. 

Maybe they’ll make a Netflix movie about it someday like those Donkey Kong dorks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on dude.  Week 1 Allen attempted just 2 passes before the final 2 minutes of halftime and yet Coleman led the team in snaps, catches, and yards in a game where 9 different players caught one of Allen’s 18 completions. 

Week 2, the offense took the whole 2nd half off and Josh threw even less and it was a game dominated on the ground.  

Week 3 he sat the first quarter from being late, but caught an impressive TD in the 2nd quarter in a game where TEN different people caught a pass and again the offense took it easy for the second half of another blow out leaving Keon barely playing over a quarter this week after missing first quarter and offense taking it easy in 2nd half. 

The fact you want to disparage him while completely ignoring the facts and context says you’re more interested at this point in being right about him and the WRs than actually giving a fair and unbiased review of his season and the WRs season as a whole.  

5 catches for 75 yards in 3 games. Omg. Get this kid a HOF bust now 

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

There’s this weird phenomenon among message board guys where being right supplants actually rooting for team performance. I suspect that’s why we haven’t seen captain period smash in awhile. 

Maybe they’ll make a Netflix movie about it someday like those Donkey Kong dorks.

This is a thread about if the WR room is actually better. If you can’t stay on topic don’t bother posting. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

39 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s unreal to see the Bills win a game 40-10. It almost reminds me of when New England and Tom Brady would beat the Bills in blowout wins during the drought years..

• Like (+1) 1