I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

No, Keon was a 2nd round pick.  The best thing about these Bills is PT is earned not demanded by prima donna wideouts.  

This receiver group is far superior to last year.  These receivers actually catch the football and don’t sulk when they aren’t the focus of the offense.  I think you’d be wise to see how things develop over the season, but this group is quietly dominating.  Shakir is on pace for about 80 catches for 1000 yards and 11 TDs.  

He was the first pick in the 2nd round. Either way the point is still made. Keep drafting WRs to surround your superstar QB. 

last years WR group were not good. Sherfield and Harty were jokes and I said that from the day they were picked up. So it’s not hard to be better than last year as a group. 

with all that said, with even better WRs this group should be even better. And back to my point. Keep drafting them early and often. You have a superstar QB. You continue to give him more weapons. Maybe one of these times they will find a stud in round 1, round 6 or Udfa. Where you get them it doesn’t matter, just keep looking until you find one. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

TRIED TO TELL EM. 

Best overall O in the Allen Era

EA$$$YYYYYYY

I still don't love the WR room but I love the way Brady is deploying them, I love the way Josh is reading the defense and distributing the ball, I love the way Shakir runs with the ball in his hands, and I love the pass protection. When every single player and coach on offense is performing up to their ceiling, whatever deficiencies exist don't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Then you end up drafting less guys like Benford, Bernard, Kincaid, Brown, etc and don't have as good a roster and aren't as good a team because of it.

The more resources you dump into one position that relies on everybody else for success, the weaker your team is going to be.

That doesn’t mean I want to draft 5 aware every draft. Just stop. 

Just now, mrags said:

That doesn’t mean I want to draft 5 aware every draft. Just stop. 

There's been multiple people telling us multiple times that we need to keep drafting multiple receivers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's face it, @JerseyBills took a lot of crap for posting this, from me as well.  After tonight's performance, watching Mack Hollins and MVS blocking their asses off, watching the ball be spread around and everyone contributing, I said in the GDT that I would stop by for a good helping of crow.  I'll take mine well done, please.

Clearly, Brady recognized that feeding Stef Diggs was stifling this offense and messing up the best QB in the known universe.  You don't eat a $32M cap hit for nothing, and getting rid of Stef was addition by subtraction.  Good riddance to a bad memory, we're better off without him.  

Anybody reading this who dumped on the OP, please line up and take your crow like a true Bills fan would.  We were wrong, the OP was right, this receiver room is light years better than what we had last year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Allen has completed 34 of 34 passes in a row to Shakir, not even a throw away.  

I wonder what the record is for consecutive targets with a catch for a WR. I haven't seen anyone talking about this but it is insanely impressive and deserves some attention.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I gave Simon a lot a crap back in the day… it’s weird that I agree with everything he says recently 

Because there is now football being played.

And I'm wondering if you stopped drinking. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Simon said:

There's been multiple people telling us multiple times that we need to keep drafting multiple receivers.

Yeah and considering it’s been a revolving door for years now they aren’t wrong. Regardless how things are working out now. Hell, Coleman could emerge as the best WR in the league for all I care. The point is we should be giving more opportunities for Allen to find his Chase, or Jefferson, or Hill. And when he finds him, we should still be drafting more. Why? Because it probably means that player is going to want too much money and we aren’t going to resign him. We should be collecting good WRs, not hoping guys like Sherfield, Harty, Hollins somehow have career years with Allen. Allen picks up the play of everyone. But in the end, elite players will always be elite players. We should be looking for more of them. Not less. 

Just now, mrags said:

Yeah and considering it’s been a revolving door for years now they aren’t wrong. Regardless how things are working out now. Hell, Coleman could emerge as the best WR in the league for all I care. The point is we should be giving more opportunities for Allen to find his Chase, or Jefferson, or Hill. And when he finds him, we should still be drafting more. Why? Because it probably means that player is going to want too much money and we aren’t going to resign him. We should be collecting good WRs, not hoping guys like Sherfield, Harty, Hollins somehow have career years with Allen. Allen picks up the play of everyone. But in the end, elite players will always be elite players. We should be looking for more of them. Not less. 

We are looking for more of them.

Just not at the position you're obsessed with.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

He was the first pick in the 2nd round. Either way the point is still made. Keep drafting WRs to surround your superstar QB. 

last years WR group were not good. Sherfield and Harty were jokes and I said that from the day they were picked up. So it’s not hard to be better than last year as a group. 

with all that said, with even better WRs this group should be even better. And back to my point. Keep drafting them early and often. You have a superstar QB. You continue to give him more weapons. Maybe one of these times they will find a stud in round 1, round 6 or Udfa. Where you get them it doesn’t matter, just keep looking until you find one. 

The question of this thread is the improvement of the WR room year over year.  There is no question that this team doesn't miss Diggs or Davis at all.  This is a better group with 5 guys who can all make plays.  What a concept.  

You are also late to the draft and develop party.  Beane committed to adding weapons for Josh through the draft 3 off-seasons ago.  The Bills top 4 pass catchers are all draftees within the last 3 years in Shakir (14-168-2), Cook (8-97-1), Kincaid (8-85-1) and Coleman (5-75-2).  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I still don't love the WR room but I love the way Brady is deploying them, I love the way Josh is reading the defense and distributing the ball, I love the way Shakir runs with the ball in his hands, and I love the pass protection. When every single player and coach on offense is performing up to their ceiling, whatever deficiencies exist don't matter.

But do we have deficiencies even?  Because none have shown up on the field yet.  

All that matters is do you have the personnel to execute the offense you run at a high level.  And so far that is a resounding yes and they have shown no deficiencies in executing this offense.  

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Let's face it, @JerseyBills took a lot of crap for posting this, from me as well.  After tonight's performance, watching Mack Hollins and MVS blocking their asses off, watching the ball be spread around and everyone contributing, I said in the GDT that I would stop by for a good helping of crow.  I'll take mine well done, please.

Clearly, Brady recognized that feeding Stef Diggs was stifling this offense and messing up the best QB in the known universe.  You don't eat a $32M cap hit for nothing, and getting rid of Stef was addition by subtraction.  Good riddance to a bad memory, we're better off without him.  

Anybody reading this who dumped on the OP, please line up and take your crow like a true Bills fan would.  We were wrong, the OP was right, this receiver room is light years better than what we had last year.

Respect  

There are a lot of people who have gone into hiding since the season began and haven’t posted here or much of anywhere else for that matter.  I am sure they are waiting for our first loss to pop back up lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Amen Brother!  Can I get an Amen?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1