I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

On 8/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, Jauronimo said:

Groot absolutely dominated Broderick Jones on Saturday.  Those were not clean up sacks.  He has looked very disruptive so far in his limited reps.

I thought Groot looked great early last year before the foot injury derailed his season. 

I was referencing more of his career so far.  He is a decent pass rusher.  I haven’t seen the consistency just straight up beating Tackles yet.

Saturdays game looks to be a good start.

5 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

You definitely make some good points. Our Offense didn't show up against the Bengals last year though. I also think that with a better offensive mind, we beat KC last year. We have a great quarterback, why not get an offensive mind like Andy Reid and let him hire a D coordinator. Play to our strength, which is Josh. 

This being said, I think KC's defense is the reason they won the Super Bowl. I think Mahomes is getting way too much credit for this championship. They do not beat the Ravens if it wasn't for a great defensive performance. Mahomes threw a very bad pick on their own side of the 50, and the defense held them pointless. Every show I watch it seems they give Mahomes all the credit, with no mention of the defense. 

Great points. Beane has been part of the problem as well. He needs to be better. 

Mahomes was mediocre vs us as well. Pacheco and Butker won that game,  Allen has outplayed Mahomes in the postseason,  and ya KCs D was elite in the season and postseason last year

• Like (+1) 1

Sammy Watkins is out of work again last being signed as emergency WR by Ravens and visit to Colts in 2023.  Supposedly he is in shape and based on previous decreasing contracts probably could be signed for veteran minimum or maybe a per game basis after being put on practice squad.  Should Bills bring him in for evaluation or should he "get a life and go to work"?

• Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 11:38 AM, Punching Bag said:

Sammy Watkins is out of work again last being signed as emergency WR by Ravens and visit to Colts in 2023.  Supposedly he is in shape and based on previous decreasing contracts probably could be signed for veteran minimum or maybe a per game basis after being put on practice squad.  Should Bills bring him in for evaluation or should he "get a life and go to work"?

I think he should keep working his-all little job and have a blessed day. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, one thing I’m happy about is that we don’t have to worry about whether Diggs is happy with his targets in a win.  

I know he had two short scores today but who cares.  Beane did a great job retooling the room. 

• Agree 1

Everyone eats...

Coleman 4 receptions for 51 yards

Shakir 3 receptions for 42 yards and a TD

Hollins 2 receptions for 25 yards and a TD

Samuel 2 receptions for 15 yards

MVS 1 reception for 19 yards

Wide receivers had 152 yards and 2 TDs in week one. Good start.

Including TEs and RBs, 9 players caught a ball from Josh today (10 players were targeted).

I also liked that the all 3 running backs had carries and passing targets.

Every receiver had a catch.

2 of 3 TEs had a catch. Morris also played but was not targeted.

But yeah, everyone eats.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/20/2024 at 10:57 AM, Jauronimo said:

Groot absolutely dominated Broderick Jones on Saturday.  Those were not clean up sacks.  He has looked very disruptive so far in his limited reps.

I thought Groot looked great early last year before the foot injury derailed his season. 

GROOT showed up and showed OUT today in the home opener. Great day for him. A healthy Groot is a big piece of this defenses puzzle of success

I am not surprised this thread bumped. Both Shakir and Coleman had good games today.  Stay tuned for more success 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BRH said:

Also, one thing I’m happy about is that we don’t have to worry about whether Diggs is happy with his targets in a win.  

I know he had two short scores today but who cares.  Beane did a great job retooling the room. 

Diggs also kept his trend from last half of last year with only 5.5 ypc.  Just a non factor outside of short throws.  It’s one game, and he did deliver 2 short TDs, but he was at 8.9 ypc over the final 10 games last year which is bad even for a TE let alone a $26m WR1

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

There are multiple threads that are not aging well off this first game.  

But, it’s also one game.  So let’s also not get too ahead of our skis here.  They will get bumped every week…good or bad games.  Let just hope it’s from more good games than bad.  

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Zero drops 

at  this juncture this is HUGE. Who am I kidding, at ANY juncture zero drops is the Goal. It makes football really fun to watch when they don't make mistakes. I'm greedy for success. 

🙂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Josh completed passes to 9 players.  Welcome to the Diggs-less Bills.

That's all fine and good. But we still need a player we can go to in crucial situations. We gotta figure out who that will be

Josh averaged 10 yards per attempt, which is ridiculous. Running we averaged 3.9/carry which is below average. Yet we ran 33 times and only passed 25 times. If we were playing a good team today I think we would have lost 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Zero drops 

This.  Although MVS did his best to drop his first one lol.  

And the toughness.  Shakir, Coleman, and Hollins were so physical out there and it was glorious to see.  

That’s what I have been most excited about…better hands and more toughness.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

at  this juncture this is HUGE. Who am I kidding, at ANY juncture zero drops is the Goal. It makes football really fun to watch when they don't make mistakes. I'm greedy for success. 

🙂

Savior of the universe Harrison had a pathetic drop.

• Haha (+1) 1