I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is something to this.  They seem to draft “high floor, lower ceiling” players outside of Round 1 which could be seen as insecurity about their own ability to coach players up.  

It’s actually round 2 most specifically I think. 

Zay

Ford

AJE

Boogie

hell, even Torrence and Cook felt like “safe” picks even though they were good moves.

It feels like Beane goes for the big swing in round 1 then the safe pick round 2 to compensate?

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I have not studied the difference of conversation down and distance when he was in or he’s out. Don’t know if anyone has. So until that is done nobody can really comment on that. The only thing we can comment on is for what he was being paid, he took himself out too much.

Turnover distance and rushing are big differences. The rest is remarkably close. 

Points matter most. If you look at rushing yards as important than you have to look at passing yards as important.  Dorsey had quite a few more passing yards 

The bills gave the Chiefs Xavier Worthy, one of the best WR prospects in 2024. I will never understand why they passed on him AND then allowed their main rival, KC, to have him. Of course, he looked great today. I will cringe every week this season when he scores for the Chiefs.

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nothing will ever top this. Absolutely hilarious. 

Yeah some hilariously horrible takes in that one. :lol:  

@Jay_Fixit "Mahomes will be awful. And there’s nothing Andy Reid can do about it"

@oldmanfan just crapping on Mahomes and Reid all that preseason and then coming back to close the thread with more of his customary sour grapes. :sick:

One of the best though is @H2o starting the thread and trolling @jeffismagic..........then later saying @jeffismagic is probably laughing at "us".   Throwing all TSW under the bus for a thread he, for some strange reason, felt compelled to start.   Classic! :lol:

The list of bad takes is long.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@Jay_Fixit "Mahomes will be awful. And there’s nothing Andy Reid can do about it"

@oldmanfan just crapping on Mahomes and Reid all that preseason and then coming back to close the thread with more of his customary sour grapes. :sick:

One of the best though is @H2o starting the thread and trolling @jeffismagic..........then later saying @jeffismagic is probably laughing at "us".   Throwing all TSW under the bus for a thread he, for some strange reason, felt compelled to start.   Classic! :lol:

I haven’t said a thing about Mahomes or Reid.  Why don’t you quit being ridiculous for a change?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

Zay

Ford

AJE

Boogie

hell, even Torrence and Cook felt like “safe” picks even though they were good moves.

It feels like Beane goes for the big swing in round 1 then the safe pick round 2 to compensate?

The Boogie pick still blows my mind. I'm honestly not sure what BB was thinking there. 

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nor me. I thought he was a reach even at the end of round 2. 

Someone made an interesting point (can’t remember which thread it was in). They said how Beane has taken some high ceiling low floor guys in the 1st (counting Coleman here) and then productive/safe guys in the 2nd (paraphrasing). It’s interesting when you think about it. They’ve taken guys like Josh, Elam, Rousseau, Coleman and then guys like Epenesa, Boogie, Cook, Torrence, Ford, Bishop & Zay. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Someone made an interesting point (can’t remember which thread it was in). They said how Beane has taken some high ceiling low floor guys in the 1st (counting Coleman here) and then productive/safe guys in the 2nd (paraphrasing). It’s interesting when you think about it. They’ve taken guys like Josh, Elam, Rousseau, Coleman and then guys like Epenesa, Boogie, Cook, Torrence, Ford, Bishop & Zay. 

Agree though don't think Cook fits the second category. He is a low impact position so that factors in but he never carried the load in college so he was a pretty low floor pick in round 2 IMO. The floor was a passing down back only.

Hopefully the Bills are able to evaluate in practice because Trubisky and whatever we’ve had at 3rd string have made it impossible in games. 

I think we’d all feel better about Keon if Mitch put that TD pass on him.  Instead, he threw a hospital ball, Keon would’ve had to lay out for it and get rocked.. he didn’t.. and all we have from him through  two games are two catches against off coverage. 

Edited by SCBills

14 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This thread is gonna go down as one of the worst preseason takes in the history of TSW…

After recent events, I have to confess my optimism has suffered a blow.  

But I don't think we can look at the WR room without the bigger context.  Josh's passer rating and YPG in 2023 were his worst in the past four years while he threw the most picks of his career.   Something was off last season.  So let's play Clue and look at the usual suspects...

Offensive Line.  I wish Beane emphasized the OL more and think some sources like PFF overestimate how good the line was last year.  Nonetheless, it was clearly better than 2022 so the line wasn't the reason for the drop in performance.

Coordinator.  I'm going to give Brady a pass because he was thrown into the job midseason without the ability to change the scheme, playbook, or preseason preparation.   There's a lot to debate about Dorsey's coordinating.  Did he drill execution enough?  Use presnap movement enough?  Was he too predictable?  Did he rely too much on wideouts winning on their own instead of scheming guys open?  

Quarterback.  Maybe Josh's drop in performance was Josh's fault.  It's not PC to mention here but, as great as he is, he's not infallible.  Kurt Warner, among others, says Josh will do better when he consistently gets the ball out on schedule.  And Josh said that his throwing mechanics last season were effected by nagging injuries.

Receivers.  Maybe Diggs and Davis were part of the problem.  Diggs and Davis both only managed 2.8 yards of separation on average last year - below the league average.  Davis's catch rate was only 55.6%.   We all know that Gabe had long periods of irrelevance and Diggs fell off in the second half of the season.  Some folks say Diggs lost a step.  

What I'm saying is that there a lot of variables that will determine this year's wideout production.  I don't think this year's wideout group is as good as last year's but maybe the dropoff isn't as bad as we fear.  And maybe we'll enjoy improvements in some of the other variables.  Maybe the coordinating will be better this year.  Maybe Josh will fix is mechanics and throw better this year.  Maybe Joe  Brady will convince Josh to get the ball out on schedule, as Kurt recommends.  As fans, we can only hope.  

I also have doubts and worries, too, but I'm not ready yet to say the sky is falling.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

After recent events, I have to confess my optimism has suffered a blow.  

But I don't think we can look at the WR room without the bigger context.  Josh's passer rating and YPG in 2023 were his worst in the past four years while he threw the most picks of his career.   Something was off last season.  So let's play Clue and look at the usual suspects...

Offensive Line.  I wish Beane emphasized the OL more and think some sources like PFF overestimate how good the line was last year.  Nonetheless, it was clearly better than 2022 so the line wasn't the reason for the drop in performance.

Coordinator.  I'm going to give Brady a pass because he was thrown into the job midseason without the ability to change the scheme, playbook, or preseason preparation.   There's a lot to debate about Dorsey's coordinating.  Did he drill execution enough?  Use presnap movement enough?  Was he too predictable?  Did he rely too much on wideouts winning on their own instead of scheming guys open?  

Quarterback.  Maybe Josh's drop in performance was Josh's fault.  It's not PC to mention here but, as great as he is, he's not infallible.  Kurt Warner, among others, says Josh will do better when he consistently gets the ball out on schedule.  And Josh said that his throwing mechanics last season were effected by nagging injuries.

Receivers.  Maybe Diggs and Davis were part of the problem.  Diggs and Davis both only managed 2.8 yards of separation on average last year - below the league average.  Davis's catch rate was only 55.6%.   We all know that Gabe had long periods of irrelevance and Diggs fell off in the second half of the season.  Some folks say Diggs lost a step.  

What I'm saying is that there a lot of variables that will determine this year's wideout production.  I don't think this year's wideout group is as good as last year's but maybe the dropoff isn't as bad as we fear.  And maybe we'll enjoy improvements in some of the other variables.  Maybe the coordinating will be better this year.  Maybe Josh will fix is mechanics and throw better this year.  Maybe Joe  Brady will convince Josh to get the ball out on schedule, as Kurt recommends.  As fans, we can only hope.  

I also have doubts and worries, too, but I'm not ready yet to say the sky is falling.  

Theres a lot of posters who justifiably have concerns about our WR room, but I don’t think they are being fair when comparing what we have now to last year. 

Im not saying Diggs is washed and I’m not saying Davis doesn’t have value.. but by the midway point of the season, for whatever reason, we had one of the worst WR rooms in the NFL.  

Nobody was getting open for Josh, except Shakir.  

People might say, well Diggs opened things up.. except he didn’t.   One of the biggest concerns last year was that teams were playing him straight up and he was still getting clamped. 

So, who knows what we have this year at WR.  But what we had last year wasn’t working. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nothing will ever top this. Absolutely hilarious. 

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

It is what it is.

Who could have known Mahomes and Kelce would sell their souls to Satan like Brady did? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

18 hours ago, FireChans said:

Zay

Ford

AJE

Boogie

It was on the same page u jerk

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1