I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

Ranked 28th here…

That bottom 5 is the same bottom 5 those of us who talked about this right after the draft had. I don't think it is at all controversial. Most neutral observers would objectively rank those five as the worst 5 receiver groups on paper going into the year.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That bottom 5 is the same bottom 5 those of us who talked about this right after the draft had. I don't think it is at all controversial. Most neutral observers would objectively rank those five as the worst 5 receiver groups on paper going into the year.

It's abundantly clear from this post GB that...you hate the Bills.  So pessimistic! 

;)

31 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

This is including TE?

So, basically, your'e saying that, by yardage, Bills will have a bottom 5 pass group.

Ima taking that bet any day of the year.

That’s Warren Sharp, not me. I don’t have a career dedicated to football analytics and analysis. Go bet him: https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/best-nfl-wide-receiver-tight-end-rankings/

Edited by Kirby Jackson

27 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

This is including TE?

So, basically, your'e saying that, by yardage, Bills will have a bottom 5 pass group.

Ima taking that bet any day of the year.

Allow me to clarify

The list was a ranking of perceived talent and not a projection of passing yards

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Allow me to clarify

The list was a ranking of perceived talent and not a projection of passing yards

Yes, because other factors - such as QB play - also contribute to passing yards. Allen helps cover up a lot. Maybe at some point the focus will be on helping him succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

quick in-thread poll

which is less surprising: random bad take generator @Mikey152 fumbling the point or @oldmanfan attempting to cosign

Bad takes or not, I come to this message board to talk about the bills, and every one of my posts in this thread was about the Bills receivers…no matter how dumb you think they are.

Why on earth do you think it’s ok to act like that with people you don’t even know?  

Edited by Mikey152

Somebody stick a spike into this thread and kill it, it’s long past the point of being redundant / repetitive, and silly, let’s just all agree to disagree and try a different topic to beat to death, what do you all say? 😁👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Process said:

That looks about right. I'd move Denver and Baltimore after us. 

Since it includes TEs I’d have a tough time putting Baltimore below the Bills. Andrews & Likely > Kincaid & Knox (at this point). Zay Flowers is also better than any WR on the Bills. In our “just WR discussion” you could make a case that the Ravens should be below the Bills (especially if Bateman doesn’t take a step forward).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Somebody stick a spike into this thread and kill it, it’s long past the point of being redundant / repetitive, and silly, let’s just all agree to disagree and try a different topic to beat to death, what do you all say? 😁👍

Amen.  Camp starts this week.  We’ll know soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Since it includes TEs I’d have a tough time putting Baltimore below the Bills. Andrew’s & Likely > Kincaid & Knox (at this point). Zay Flowers is also better than any WR on the Bills. In our “just WR discussion” you could make a case that the Ravens should be below the Bills (especially if Bateman doesn’t take a step forward).

If it includes tight ends I think there is an argument the Bills should be bumped up a place or two - especially above the Giants. Nabers is a great prospect but only a prospect until he plays a game and I'd take the Bills at every other spot and I'd take BOTH Kincaid and Knox over Bellinger. Similarly while I think Denver probably are just a slight tick ahead of us at WR both Bills Tight Ends would start there too so once you include that position the Bills are better IMO. The other team who are way too high that I think are overrated are the Commanders. Scary Terry is excellent, but Dotson was overrated coming out and folks are struggling to let go of the draft hype on him and Zach Ertz is their tight end but he is a replacement level player at this stage. I'd take McLaurin but again I might take the Bills at every other spot in that H2H of pass catchers. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If it includes tight ends I think there is an argument the Bills should be bumped up a place or two - especially above the Giants. Nabers is a great prospect but only a prospect until he plays a game and I'd take the Bills at every other spot and I'd take BOTH Kincaid and Knox over Bellinger. Similarly while I think Denver probably are just a slight tick ahead of us at WR both Bills Tight Ends would start there too so once you include that position the Bills are better IMO. The other team who are way too high that I think are overrated are the Commanders. Scary Terry is excellent, but Dotson was overrated coming out and folks are struggling to let go of the draft hype on him and Zach Ertz is their tight end but he is a replacement level player at this stage. I'd take McLaurin but again I might take the Bills at every other spot in that H2H of pass catchers. 

I agree on all fronts. The TEs would bump the Bills up a few spots (25ish). The conversation in this thread and the Warren Sharp article are slightly different. The pass catchers are 25ish and the WRs are 29ish. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree on all fronts. The TEs would bump the Bills up a few spots (25ish). The conversation in this thread and the Warren Sharp article are slightly different. The pass catchers are 25ish and the WRs are 29ish. 

I get why you think that. I get why articles say that. The Bills lost their two most productive receiving options and replaced them with guys that have either never come close to that level of production in the NFL, or haven’t recently for one reason or another.

I know I’ll just get blasted for another bad take, but this happened last year, too. Everyone was PRESSED about LB and RT. Bernard and Brown were trash and the Bills didn’t care. We should have signed “insert overpriced vet here”

Clearly, the doom and gloom takes at those positions were wrong, and yet here we are. I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t be skeptical, but at the end of the day, just remember it’s a subjective opinion, not an objective fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mikey152 said:

I get why you think that. I get why articles say that. The Bills lost their two most productive receiving options and replaced them with guys that have either never come close to that level of production in the NFL, or haven’t recently for one reason or another.

I know I’ll just get blasted for another bad take, but this happened last year, too. Everyone was PRESSED about LB and RT. Bernard and Brown were trash and the Bills didn’t care. We should have signed “insert overpriced vet here”

Clearly, the doom and gloom takes at those positions were wrong, and yet here we are. I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t be skeptical, but at the end of the day, just remember it’s a subjective opinion, not an objective fact. 

Everything is an objective opinion at the point. This is an objective opinion from a person that’s career is evaluating this stuff. I share a similar opinion. 

It’s fine to be optimistic or pessimistic. I’ve elected realistic. At this point, there is no reason to believe that they are better than that. The resumes and pedigrees of most of the roster doesn’t support optimism. Could they overachieve? Sure? If they overachieve, that could catapult them to 22 perhaps? That’s still not good enough.

When you have Josh Allen, his weapons shouldn’t be outside of the top 10. His job shouldn’t be to overcome the limitations of the guys around him. They should be amplifying his immense talents. 

• Agree 1