I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

33 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In the case of Harty & Sherfield, Bills fans were largely hopeful that they could contribute at a high level.  And while they were a general disappointment they also made a couple of insanely great plays to help beat Miami and win the Division.

IMO Samuel is heads and shoulders better then Sherfield or Harty.  He has produced very good stats given the offenses and QB's he has been operating under.  I suspect that at minimum he will have the same impact as a 2019 Beasley did and that would make this a solid WR room.

It seems reasonable to believe that both of these things can be true.

If we’re good. Why the need to bring in more? And at that point who would be better than our 6th guy (likely Claypool) anyway. 

• Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah sure. This bunch of unknowns is gonna be great. Got it. 

Diggs,Brown and Beasley all had their best years here. 

Shakir,Samuel, Coleman and Kincaid all have potential to be elite

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

lol. “Potential to be elite” is so comical to me. Stefon Diggs was barely “elite”. He had some really good years and was considered a top 5 WR for a few of them. But I don’t think anyone was ever going to say they would rather have him than Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Adams. Those guys are/were elite. Kelce is elite. Dropping Kincaid and Samuel and Shakirs names among them is comical. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Why stop there?

Claypool and Hamler have potential to be elite. Mack Hollins has potential to be elite.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Why stop there?

Claypool and Hamler have potential to be elite. Mack Hollins has potential to be elite.

lol. Yes. The potential of Mack Hollins to be the elitist special teams gunner and run blocking WR that ever was. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 7/4/2024 at 7:49 AM, FireChans said:

Okay. let’s just ask another way.

Why was the Chiefs offense so bad last year?

Probably because they lacked talent and it seems they focused on defense.

But that's a point I'm bringing up.  They lacked talent, production dropped.

Our "lack of talent" didn't bring us down the middle of the league in scoring.  Probably because we don't lack as much talent as some people exaggerate.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Probably because they lacked talent and it seems they focused on defense.

But that's a point I'm bringing up.  They lacked talent, production dropped.

Our "lack of talent" didn't bring us down the middle of the league in scoring.  Probably because we don't lack as much talent as some people exaggerate.  

We haven’t played with the dearth of talent yet. 

If our point total drops ~80 points this year, we’re all gonna know the reason why. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If our point total drops ~80 points this year, we’re all gonna know the reason why. 

Not to mention. If the talent hasn’t been the issue, then it’s apparent that the coaching is. Can’t have it both ways. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How did you actually believe that the Chiefs only scored 21.4 points per game in 2020?

Even a casual observer should have known that was wrong.   That's really surprising.

I agree with you that it should have been painfully obvious.  But when you have a 13 month old running around your house and quickly Google search using Siri trying to reply before he flips the dogs water bowl upside again you tend to over look something that should have been pretty obvious in a mad rush lol (literally what was going on)

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not to mention. If the talent hasn’t been the issue, then it’s apparent that the coaching is. Can’t have it both ways. 

This implies that the Bills have not been top offensive units the last several seasons.  They have.

50 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And if it doesn't drop?

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Why stop there?

Tyrell Shavers and Bryan Thompson could become elite.  Let's keep this going.  Who else?  

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Tyrell Shavers and Bryan Thompson could become elite.  Let's keep this going.  Who else?  

Tyler Bass could become elite. Ray Davis could be elite. The backup DT we took could be elite.

I don't know why we talk about anything at all. We have all these dudes that are just waiting to be elite.

7 minutes ago, Avisan said:

This implies that the Bills have not been top offensive units the last several seasons.  They have.

And if it doesn't drop?

Then the concern about the talent decrease was overblown or even misplaced.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Tyler Bass could become elite. Ray Davis could be elite. The backup DT we took could be elite.

I don't know why we talk about anything at all. We have all these dudes that are just waiting to be elite.

And maybe one day, just maybe Sean McDermott could become elite.  This roster he's built with Beane is just waiting to break out and become elite. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Then the concern about the talent decrease was overblown or even misplaced.

With your current concern about the talent, where do you expect the Bills' offensive outputs to rank?

On 7/4/2024 at 10:24 AM, BarleyNY said:

That question was asked on this board and a surprisingly high percentage of posters answered that they either exclusively or almost exclusively watch Bills games. That context explains a lot of posts here so I try to keep it in mind. 

I was surprised to find out that most Bills fans don't even watch college football. 

I mean what are Bills fans doing on Saturday afternoon?

Are they busy painting their house or something?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1