I'm really starting to love this WR room. We quietly got better

Just now, FireChans said:

FWIW

Troy Franklin was given a prospect grade of 6.35 by NFL.com and an 84 by their Next Gen Stats.

Justin Shorter was given a 6.12 and 54 by their Next Gen Stats.

FWIW

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not for nothing , and its really nothing though lol

I have heard the Chefs won games with a mixed bag at WR excepting Kelce , after letting their top guys go to FA

is part of that true at least ?

Serious

Just Bills games , and not all of them anymore

Because work VS primetime games dont jibe : )
But i sure do read alot !

It's true 

If we had a hall of Fame pass catcher and a hall of Fame offensive mind designing the offense I'd feel a lot better about comparing our wr rooms

As it stands I truly think people are going to be horrified by the passing offense this yr

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This was in response to Einstein’s Dog saying Beane should have double dipped and taken Franklin in the 4 th round.  Well, how is that any different than signing a former 2nd round FA (Claypool) or an MVS, or drafting Shorter last year and seeing what he has this year after being injured last year?

Try reading and following the conversation next time.

Claypool was sent home from his last team. MVS hasn’t ever been good. Shorter is a former top WR recruit. He parlayed that into 2 schools, minimal production and a 5th round flyer. The difference with Franklin or Malik Washington (who I liked), is you were buying stock in a highly productive guy FROM 2023 that slipped. You were buying production vs. hope for production that hasn’t happened in years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Claypool was sent home from his last team. MVS hasn’t ever been good. Shorter is a former top WR recruit. He parlayed that into 2 schools, minimal production and a 5th round flyer. The difference with Franklin or Malik Washington (who I liked), is you were buying stock in a highly productive guy FROM 2023 that slipped. You were buying production vs. hope for production that hasn’t happened in years.

We could probably try the “who has more yards in 2024, Franklin or Shorter” but I bet no one would want to play lol

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's true 

If we had a hall of Fame pass catcher and a hall of Fame offensive mind designing the offense I'd feel a lot better about comparing our wr rooms

As it stands I truly think people are going to be horrified by the passing offense this yr

This Hall of Fame pass catcher and Hall of Fame offensive mind lead the Chiefs to 23 ppg in both the playoffs and regular season....

They were 14th in the league in scoring with Patrick Mahomes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Gotcha. 
So you have no stats on player improvement, translation of college to NFL, reviving lost careers, or likelihood of continuing upward or downward trends. 

Thats what I thought. 

Being so confident, I’m assuming you have something more to stand on, other than pure hopium.  Right?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not for nothing , and its really nothing though lol

I have heard the Chefs won games with a mixed bag at WR excepting Kelce , after letting their top guys go to FA

is part of that true at least ?

Actually, the Chiefs had 2 of the top 32 receiving yardage producers in the NFL.

Which has been the case for them every year of Mahomes career.

They introduced Rashee Rice by putting him in the slot where he could get free releases and he produced a season that NOBODY on the Bills current WR corps has matched in their careers.

(Too bad Keon likely won't have the opportunity Rice had.......since the best 2 WR on the Bills are already slot receivers.)

So while the Chiefs aren't the Tyreek and Kelce HOF duo show anymore...........their receiving targets were still a lot better than they get credit for the past 2 seasons. 

The Bills had 2 of the top 32 receiving yardage leaders once in Josh Allen's career.   In 2020.   Which is the closest they've been to a Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This Hall of Fame pass catcher and Hall of Fame offensive mind lead the Chiefs to 23 ppg in both the playoffs and regular season....

They were 14th in the league in scoring with Patrick Mahomes.

Yes exactly

So imagine trying to say we are going to be good w a worse cast all around for 2024

• Agree 1

We had an effective offense last year, despite a brutal second half Diggs decline and a Davis being wholly unable to occupy the same page as Allen.  Take some deep breaths, y'all.  Our receiving corps will be fine.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Malik as well but he is ANOTHER slot guy. This team needs outside receivers to move the needle. They were pretty much all gone by early round 4 which is why picking a DT who is at best, IMO, a rotational guy in the 3rd made little sense.

On 7/2/2024 at 10:58 AM, eball said:

These threads are so fun.  Somebody posts an opinion, a bunch of know it alls shout him down, and then it's a pissing contest about who "knows football better."

All when we have no freakin' clue how this offense will perform this season since there are so many new WR pieces.

Good times.

Yup, lots of sh-t talkers here, (including me) but that’s just how life is everywhere, ya just have a laugh at their expense and ring the next door bell, 😁🍸🚬

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes exactly

So imagine trying to say we are going to be good w a worse cast all around for 2024

Since 2020, the Chiefs have had better weapons and an offensive genius calling their players.

We have a defensive minded HC who you will say isn’t that smart.  Inferior WR’s, tight end and offensive line.

With the superior everything the Chiefs have….why are they behind the Bills in total points scored in those last 4 seasons?  You had Kelce and Hill in their primes in 3 of those seasons.  Offensive production wise, the Bills are every bit on the level as the Chiefs with inferior coaching and players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Since 2020, the Chiefs have had better weapons and an offensive genius calling their players.

We have a defensive minded HC who you will say isn’t that smart.  Inferior WR’s, tight end and offensive line.

With the superior everything the Chiefs have….why are they behind the Bills in total points scored in those last 4 seasons?  You had Kelce and Hill in their primes in 3 of those seasons.  Offensive production wise, the Bills are every bit on the level as the Chiefs with inferior coaching and players.

Because we have a TD machine at QB

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is called being argumentative

Try again

It’s not being argumentative.  You just don’t have a logical answer.  

Im not saying Allen has had the same level of talent.  Its not that dramatic of a difference as you make it out to be.  
Allen doesn’t have his success without help from his supporting cast.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It’s not being argumentative.  You just don’t have a logical answer.  

Im not saying Allen has had the same level of talent.  Its not that dramatic of a difference as you make it out to be.  
Allen doesn’t have his success without help from his supporting cast.  

If you trade “argumentative” for “logical”, I can see the point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If you don’t like them then Shorter is another guy that was drafted around where we supposedly should have double dipped.  If Claypool gets his head screwed on straight I think he can be a solid contributor.  If not then cut him.

And again if Beane wants to bring in a guy like say Lamb fine by me.

I get it people have hopes for Shorter and there's also Tyrell Shavers and another UDFA Bryan Thompson who the Bills liked enough to hang on to after a season on PS.

I do think the "Beane Should Have Double Dipped" folks were thinking of late 2nd through early 5th round

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Malik as well but he is ANOTHER slot guy. This team needs outside receivers to move the needle. They were pretty much all gone by early round 4 which is why picking a DT who is at best, IMO, a rotational guy in the 3rd made little sense.

All McDermott's DTs are "rotational guys"

I'm gonna sound like a gol durn broken record, but there was much ranting and wailing and gnashing of teeth about Beane drafting Terrel Bernard in Rd 3 - a guy who was too small and light and projected out as a weak side LB in the NFL.  Well, so far the evidence says that it may have been a good pick (and may also be an example of drafting to fill an essential position before it's a desperate need), since he and Tre Edmunds overlapped a year.  Even more wailing and gnashing about Dorian Williams last season, if he works out this season Beane looks smart and look, drafting before it's a desperate hole.  Ditto DeWayne Carter - we drafted him while he has a year to develop.

Of course, if he doesn't work out, like Cody Ford didn't work out on OL and Zack Moss didn't work out here at RB, then Beane is dumb.

Edited by Beck Water